Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by BiffStroganoffsky:
    An acquaintance told me to drill some holes and use a slide hammer but I am thinking of using a load bar to put tension on the outer skin while I see what I can do to straighten out the well. I may need some welding anyways on some small tears from the impact and minor banging I've done already. It will take more time than just drilling and filling but I'm trying to learn the 'correct' way of repairing and not just the 'easy' way. Just because it isn't a trailer queen doesn't mean it doesn't deserve the effort. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

<font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ October 23, 2008 11:46 AM: Message edited by: BiffStroganoffsky ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">most definately! i appreciate your efforts! I would NEVER drill any holes onto the car and then attempt to pull the damage out. I wish the stud gun that robert has would work but from the sounds of it, you're ganna need a shop to pull it out. I'd imagine that they would have to weld on about a 2in. wide piece of sheet metal and have it attached to a frame puller. Either that or, the easiest way to avoid that may be to cut out as much of the damage as possible and cut the same out of a donor sol. Pics please!!!

Inactive Member BiffStroganoffsky's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, the weather was nice and I didn't want to spend the day alone...
    Stepping on the pedal, the clutch dropped to the floor...like a stone.
    [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

aw....that sux really really big ones! 2008 has been a suck ass year for me as well. Hope your luck gets better!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

sounds like your slave cylinder went out

Inactive Member BiffStroganoffsky's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, I think she is due for new slave and master...and fluid. I'll see if I can work that in with the body work...after I figure out why my new hand-me-down Accord keeps killing batteries. I'm glad for the 'free' winter beater but I needed another project like I needed another hole in the head. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Anyhoo, I didn't mean to hijack the thread. What news on the meet...pictures?

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 29, 2008 07:14 PM: Message edited by: BiffStroganoffsky ]</font>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12