Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Hosting Solution for Team Sol?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I dont want to step on any feet, so I guess this really goes to Geo, however I thought I would post the link so everyone could see. I would like to offer hosting of the team sol board. I have put up a new server using one of my spare domains laying around so that people could go check it out and see what they think. Please, post your thoughts and comments.

www.tpsreport.org

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Actually i manage the website for teamdelsolwa although eventually it should be transferred to someone who is actually still living in WA [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm the same lincorp.com on Sol Society as well. Currently the Website is hosted by 1and1.com and costs roughly 100 bucks a year along with domain name renewel. I think it was a package when i originally did it. The message board is free and since theres not a whole lot of traffic right now, i dont see a need to change that part. As for the new board that was linked on the main page. I originally did that when this board was down so people could still post. I should get rid of that...Anyways if you want to take over the website duties, talk to geo and then get back to me...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Fair enough. Like I said, I am not trying to bump anyone out or take over or step on anybodies feet. I mearly want to try to help out.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sure, if you have time and want to design a new front page...it would be very helpful. That old design has been there ever since i took over so its a bit old to say the least...and maybe it is time to switch the message board cause this one is a bit flacky at times...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, in the last 3 days I have seen it be down 5 times. I am not much of a designer so the frontpage may not be my strong point, but running the backend I can do.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i like that format and layout. It's more up to date and on par with all the other car forums around. it might attract a few more solers and have them remain active as well.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

malichite, if you do end up taking over the duties i would be glad in helping out with doing the designs on the home page and updating the meets, and members. just let me know, me and geo were just talking about that stuff at the last meet.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well if we want to use the forum he made all i gotta do is link to it from the main page cause it looks like it is currently active. We just all have to have a concensus on which one we want to use.

Babygirl: If you want to help update the main page, member pages, and meet pages...then let me know. We can get all this started now to get ready for the spring...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm definatlly fine with using the one that is currently up. The only thing I need to do is to get another domain name for it because I am going to be using that one for another project.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i would love to update it, i think it would also help bring more people to our club, it might make it bigger with more people which would be nice. just let me know!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast