Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Granaboard 2013 virtual gathering

I actually like both series. It's when G.I. Joe changes the animation, and the theme song that I can't stand it.

For example, I liked Silverbolt's arc, where he basically was the only aerial bot that wasn't a dick, and also had a fear of heights, since he wasn't the kind of craft that flew high before he was turned into a robot.

As I've said before, you gotta see these things for what they were, instead of what they weren't.

As for X-Men 3, at least they finally found a way to make a live action Ram Man, 19 years after the fact. ...oh wait, that was supposed to be Juggernaut?
    Last edited by midnightryder259; July 18th, 2014 at 09:35 PM.
    "And I've got one more silver dollar, but I'm no gonna let 'em catch me, no, not gonna let 'em catch the Midnight Rider." - The Allman Brothers Band, Midnight Rider

Senior Hostboard Member That_Bojack's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by midnightryder259 View Post

As I've said before, you gotta see these things for what they were, instead of what they weren't.
    I guess. It is good that modern kids shows are so much more respectful of the customers they're selling to. The production value in a modern kids show destroys the 80's shows. Although they do lack some of the PSA messages that the old Funimation shows were loaded with.

Perhaps I'll boot up Netflix and watch more Gen 1 Transformers and GI Joe.

Also, I played some Castlevania Bloodlines and Contra Hard Corp and holy hell they're excellent.

Senior Hostboard Member midnightryder259's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, it's weird. It's like Konami finally got on the ball with the Genesis once Treasure showed them how it's done(working on Rocket Knight Adventures before they left Konami).
    "And I've got one more silver dollar, but I'm no gonna let 'em catch me, no, not gonna let 'em catch the Midnight Rider." - The Allman Brothers Band, Midnight Rider

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, it's weird. It's like Konami finally got on the ball with the Genesis once Treasure showed them how it's done(working on Rocket Knight Adventures before they left Konami).
    That's the thing, Contra and CV were boss back on the NES. It's like some one handed Konami's board of directors the PS1 and outside of CV SotN and perhaps Contra SS on PS2 everything else has been blah or flat out trash. Modern kids NEED macho games like these. Too much Minecraft and I think we'll end up with a generation of wimpy mooks.

Also, you and I have been keeping this board on life support for over a year now. Crazy thing is we started posting again just a couple weeks after the thread started and since a few initial posts NO ONE'S come back to check on things. It's become our little corner of the internet *awww*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Don't get any ideas, I'm not making any commitments here.

I understand those Dark Souls games are pretty challenging, and the Ninja Gaiden revival on the X-Box onward as well.

Honestly though, you need games that aren't about completion as well. Sports, fighters, wrestling, racing, unlimited puzzles(Tetris, Columns, Puyo Puyo, etc.), pre-NES, etc.

Apparently I was wrong about Treasure's involvement in RKA. Gotta be careful who you pay attention too.

Last week I went through Mr. Belvedere. Always knew of it, but never really watched it, and I found myself laughing pretty hard at a few moments in the first episode, so I kept with it. It's all on Youtube(though about 4 or 5 of 'em have crappy audio). Last couple of seasons had some out there episodes that pretty much show why they're the last seasons. Thing is, that's the first time I can say I liked an 80's sitcom about as much as any from the '70's, or Married, which I always saw as a '90's sitcom.

I'm starting with the original Captain Harlock on Hulu, subbed, as apparently it was never dubbed. Now this guy is a pirate. I remember watching an early 2000's remake that was dubbed, so seeing the original form the late '70's should be interesting. Especially after watching the Galaxy Express 999 movies.

Edit: Finished Captain Harlock, and I realized something along the way. This goes back to the '70's, he's a space pirate, and his ship is called The Arcadia.
    Last edited by midnightryder259; August 2nd, 2014 at 11:57 PM.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What country is Captain Harlock show from? I'm not familiar with it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's an anime.

Edit: 8/14/14 - Sega Genesis turns 25
    Last edited by midnightryder259; September 8th, 2014 at 08:42 PM.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's an anime.

Edit: 8/14/14 - Sega Genesis turns 25
    Sorry, got hella distracted and forgot about this place for a while.

Dreamcast turned 15 a couple days ago. I made a Facebook post and no one seemed to care. Sad.

Also, you know anything about photography?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just that the NSA has anything you snapped with your smart phone .

People care about the Dreamcast. It could be argued that it has the most passionate fanbase, but that doesn't necessarily translate to a large fanbase.

Random thing: 10 episodes until I've seen the end of ThunderCats ('85). Also, the latest TMNT(2012) episode was an homage to Big Trouble in Little China.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just that the NSA has anything you snapped with your smart phone .

People care about the Dreamcast. It could be argued that it has the most passionate fanbase, but that doesn't necessarily translate to a large fanbase.

Random thing: 10 episodes until I've seen the end of ThunderCats ('85). Also, the latest TMNT(2012) episode was an homage to Big Trouble in Little China.
    I'm using a 60 year old camera with 35mm film..................... but the NSA prolly got the photo lab I'll develop the film at bugged too.

I haven't checked is Thundercats on Netflix? If not how are you watching it?