Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Granaboard 2013 virtual gathering

Quote Originally Posted by midnightryder259 View Post
    Nah, politics bore me.
    Lame.

Anyways, I'm getting hella into Styx. They don't seem to be your cup of tea tho'.

Senior Hostboard Member midnightryder259's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Not as lame as quoting the post just before the one you're about to make, while listening to soft music

(...and I do enjoy Renegade and Blue Collar Man)
    "And I've got one more silver dollar, but I'm no gonna let 'em catch me, no, not gonna let 'em catch the Midnight Rider." - The Allman Brothers Band, Midnight Rider

Senior Hostboard Member That_Bojack's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Phaq............

I want my MTVeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Edit: was a video for an early '60's song, but the video didn't hold out on Youtube.
    Last edited by midnightryder259; March 5th, 2015 at 09:32 PM.
    "And I've got one more silver dollar, but I'm no gonna let 'em catch me, no, not gonna let 'em catch the Midnight Rider." - The Allman Brothers Band, Midnight Rider

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've heard that song dozens of times and never bothered to listen to the lyrics. Had no idea it was such a dirty ass song.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wouldn't say it was dirty, it just implies what the title does. The girl isn't monogamous.

I started watching a comedy anime, Urusei Yatsura. You basically have to find a site that specializes in streaming anime to see it, through the first couple episodes are on Youtube(edit: Except the 2nd one is split and dubbed, and the dubbing sounds like nails on a chalkboard...). Not sure how much more I'm going to watch, it's not bad by any means, but I don't know if I'll stick it out for 195 episodes.

Saw a couple of episodes of children's anime Mashin Eiyuuden Wataru. A little nostalgic if you were a TurboGrafx-16 owner anyway, as that was the Japanese title for Keith Courage in Alpha Zones.

Hadn't done much gaming lately, but when I do, for the most part I like to try taking a stab at Pirates! Gold. This game alone makes up for the Genesis's lack of JRPG's, when compared to other consoles. I mean what's a linear story compared to one you can make for yourself? It's like GTA, except you don't feel a need to eventually continue on with the games story. Which basically happens naturally as part of the gameplay, if you are going to/can see it through to the end anyway.
    Last edited by midnightryder259; December 4th, 2014 at 05:51 PM.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wouldn't say it was dirty, it just implies what the title does. The girl isn't monogamous.

I started watching a comedy anime, Urusei Yatsura. You basically have to find a site that specializes in streaming anime to see it, through the first couple episodes are on Youtube(edit: Except the 2nd one is split and dubbed, and the dubbing sounds like nails on a chalkboard...). Not sure how much more I'm going to watch, it's not bad by any means, but I don't know if I'll stick it out for 195 episodes.

Saw a couple of episodes of children's anime Mashin Eiyuuden Wataru. A little nostalgic if you were a TurboGrafx-16 owner anyway, as that was the Japanese title for Keith Courage in Alpha Zones.

Hadn't done much gaming lately, but when I do, for the most part I like to try taking a stab at Pirates! Gold. This game alone makes up for the Genesis's lack of JRPG's, when compared to other consoles. I mean what's a linear story compared to one you can make for yourself? It's like GTA, except you don't feel a need to eventually continue on with the games story. Which basically happens naturally as part of the gameplay, if you are going to/can see it through to the end anyway.
    My parents were too broke to get me a Genesis or a SNES back in the day so I gots a TG-16. Played a heap of excellent games on it. It's the system that taught me R-Type's greatness and Bonk too. What a system eh?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, but for some reason, all I can bring myself to play anymore is Genesis. Not sure if I'm that annoyed by the SNES' nutjob fanboys, or I just like it's games that much, but I think it's more of the latter.

You think of Nintendo, you think of adventure, and I'm definitely more of an arcade gamer on that front. Probably never though I'd say this 12 years ago, but Ruck farPG's! Ironic that I enjoy Pirates! so much, but as something of a sandbox game, it's like you can accomplish something in a short period of time, save, and shut it off. Been enjoying a lot of Shadow Dancer recently as well.

Actually I just tried something earlier, using a save at the end boss, with Chrono Trigger, and I realized I would actually not enjoy going from start to finish through a game like this anymore. No matter how tolerable the battles are.

Heh, I'm actually about 55 episodes away from finishing up Urusei Yatsura. A lot would be lost in dubbing too, because the teacher, the one the show finally settles on anyway, teaches English, and it's interesting to hear them actually speak the words out in English(one of the last I can remember being the lyrics for The Beatles: Yesterday). It also dawned on me that the Japanese word for "darling" (which gets used by the alien that's attached to the main character, a lot) probably isn't "dar-ring."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Actually I just tried something earlier, using a save at the end boss, with Chrono Trigger, and I realized I would actually not enjoy going from start to finish through a game like this anymore. No matter how tolerable the battles are.
    My son is playing thru CT now. It's such a great game but I too have negligible patience for gaming these days.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well Merry Christmas and all.

Make sure he understands that Chrono Trigger is unique, and not remotely of a quality that he can generally expect out of the genre.
    Last edited by midnightryder259; December 26th, 2014 at 10:49 AM.