Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Granaboard 2013 virtual gathering

I definitely got some good beat 'em up vibes. Makes me think back to the 16-bit days and games like Final Fight. Seems to be a mostly forgotten genre at this point.

Senior Hostboard Member midnightryder259's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I hope no one's in an area that's about to get nailed by Irma(knowing BJ's in FL).
    "And I've got one more silver dollar, but I'm no gonna let 'em catch me, no, not gonna let 'em catch the Midnight Rider." - The Allman Brothers Band, Midnight Rider

Senior Hostboard Member That_Bojack's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by midnightryder259 View Post
    I hope no one's in an area that's about to get nailed by Irma(knowing BJ's in FL).
    Irma caused a bunch of mess and I lost power for about a week. Thanks for the concern. BTW, no idea if anyone is still coming here. I've tried to show up and post on occasion but the board was all screwy. Good to see it's not a totally lost cause. Although since I've been gone for like a billion weeks I wouldn't be surprised if folks quit checking. Finished Sonic Mania a while back and got through Cuphead which is glorious. I also got ET complete in the box for 2600, it's a criminally underrated game (and by that I mean it's a mediocre game and not at all the worst game of all time). What's every one else been up to?

Oh, I've also been slllllllllaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeed with work and school.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's also far from the sole cause of the '83 crash.

I've completed the original Phantasy Star. Not sure I could ever do that without some sort of map, first person view dungeons being what they are and all. Got the urge for IV, so that'll be happening soon-ish(most likely after the holiday though, so I guess I'll be sticking to action games in the meantime).
    "And I've got one more silver dollar, but I'm no gonna let 'em catch me, no, not gonna let 'em catch the Midnight Rider." - The Allman Brothers Band, Midnight Rider

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just finished Wolfenstein: The New Colossus. I'm loving this series so far; the first game was especially good. As a really cool bonus, the entire original Wolfenstein 3D game is playable, only reskinned to match the in-game universe. This is up there with DOOM 2016 as far as classic FPS reboots.

Next I plan to pick up the DLC for Horizon Zero Dawn. This game is amazing.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just finished Phantasy Star IV. I gotta say, this may just be my all time fave in the whole genre(I mean, Grandia II, Chrono Trigger, the Suikodens, Diablo, The Elder Scrolls', Knights of the Old Republic, and the Shining Force's are up there, but still...).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, there doesn't seem to be an edit function anymore.

Anyway, Merry Christmas(or whatever you do), and Happy New Year!

Senior Hostboard Member That_Bojack's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Merry fuggin Xmas yo! What are we up to? Like, 18 Xmas's gone by since the GFaqs days?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Merry Christmas y'all!

Quote Originally Posted by That_Bojack View Post
    Merry fuggin Xmas yo! What are we up to? Like, 18 Xmas's gone by since the GFaqs days?
    Holy shit! I'm 33 now, so that would make me about 15 back then... sounds about right. Sometimes I wish GF had saved/archived all of those posts... and then sometimes I'm glad they didn't.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, not sure I can remember even 1/4 of them though...

If I'm late to reply, it's because I got a bunch of games before the holiday, and I was dumb enough to make 5 of 'em RPG's. Just finished with Ys: Memories of Celceta(evidently a Vita exclusive) earlier today, and I've got VIII to get around to, which is stated to be a longer game. I might be tied up the whole winter with these things, as that was basically 4 out of 9... (easily going back to emulating some Genesis on the Raspberry Pi after these)

(also, I guess the edit function here needs to be used immediately)

P.S., if you've ever thought that you felt cold, I walked my dog in -32 degrees at 8 A.M. today...(actually not half bad if you're bundled up well enough, and the dog gets down to business, but if even 1 iota of flesh is bare to the air it's brutal)