Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

<font color="yellow"><font size="3"><center>All team rankings information within
    the league starting from year 1999 and beyond will be placed
    with in this topic area</font></center></font>

Hopefully this league will bring together some of the games most competitive, knowledgably and dedicated GM's.

So with that in mind I would like to propose something. Instead of just one person continually doing the <font color="red">"top ten"</font> or some kind of team rankings what I would like to see is the following happen.

At anytime any GM within the league can post their <font color="red">"top ten"</font> or whatever they want to post as far as a ranking scheme would go. The design and post is as they see fit and either give remarks or just leave it with a ranking of 1-10 or more if they so choose.

Hopefully this will keep more activity in the league but also take the duties of making a top ten away from just one person. This should then bring in more rankings per week or month because more people are trying to do them when they have time and in turn we receive different view points from different members within the league. In the long run the ranking system would hopefully not disappear or go stagnant due to the one individual taking leave or getting over occupied with duties at home or work.

-League Web Site

<font color="#000002" size="1">[ November 14, 2004 02:55 AM: Message edited by: Fasttracker ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How about a power rankings for the the whole league - with a comment - I would be willing to help out with that.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

By all means go for it ... thats what I am hoping happens here. Different GM's have different amounts of time and desire in doing things like POWER RANKINGS. I just hope all the GMs when they can will be able to contribute in some way ....

It will sort of be like each of us run a different newspaper or magazine ... when you scout real life NBA rankings you check different publications and they all have a little something different within them

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

North east:
    OZ - B+ Strong Depth, no one smacks you in the face screaming star. Foul will have to be worked around, and they might have injuries eat into their depth. Age might be a question for long term.

Vancouver - B Euell screams star in the making (if he can stay on the court, and not explode in tirades of temper). Other players can pitch in, but this is really a team looking at the future.

Outlands - B due to depth (which I am sure will get fixed, considering they have nearly #11mil in capspace left) and no SG. Orlando Dahlen WILL dominate. Medium age for most of the team will mean Kayne has to get on track quicker then he might like.

California - A- this is a young team with a great core to build from. They should be competitive this season, and a contender as soon as next season. Depth needs to be added.

Chicago - B foul and moderate depth holds back this promising team. Minutes might be an issue for starters. A lot of prospects of varying age and ability, should be rather competitive in a short time.

Ohio - A- really like this team, I was going to give them an A, but the bench depth needs to be developed quite a bit yet. At least the bench has good building blocks. Most of them shouldn't cause a lot of headaches when they are called on, but they do need to polish their game to be additions.

Midlands - B, some real issues, that I am sure Talltex will work on, like having more then 9 guys total on his roster, and the shiny red foul vitals. Could be a contender as soon as next season IF they develop rather well, other wise, I'd say in 2-3 seasons.

Veneta - B+ most opf the pieces are here. Devlopment of starter problems will have to be dealt with, and the bench could have more upper talent. But they are pretty solid over all.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

North West:
    St. Paul - B with a bit of promise all over, but basicly everyone needs polish for it to make an impact on the team. Ages are not bad, but do create a narrow window of opprotunity, so they'll have to get in shape ratehr quick, or wil have to be re-vamped rather soon.

Hayward - A- depth for days, with the right polish they should contend this season. Short window though.

Manitoba - A wonder what they would look like IF they had bid on the first wave of FAs... pretty strong team, bench could be a tad more talented - but so could everyone's. They probably have a higher over all number of talented players on their bench. I am giving them a higher grade, assuming they will make a FA move or two that will help solidify things.

Hampton Roads - B+ nice looking starters who need a few patches here and there (namely foul) and the bench could use a pinch more talent, but are deep and reliable. A trade or two away form being a contender this season.

Beaverton - C+ Great talent with starters, zero bench, and questionable minutes for said starters. Who knows, maybe everyne is about to go up in Foul, and they'll be able to play D because of that - without fouling out in 15-25min.

Ocala - A- Strong talented Starters, with a young SG prospect in Sutcliffe being the weakest link, and he's relaly not going to kill them by himself. $7mil in capsapce left to shore up a decent bench... We have a contender.

Windsor - B+ Nice talented starters, a couple of real studs coming in from the bench. But I can't buy into red foul vitals. I immagine Kassner will be the coach of choice for this team. Since the Temper is going to have to be blue if zone isn't the only thing that Windsor plays in D. Capspace, means a few issues may be solved, consider that a high B+, or low A-.

Blackjack-Edmund - B+, solid team that needs more depth, but has the capspace to fix that. maybe a few FAs will have to be slightly over-paid...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

South East:
    Great Barrier - A Strong relativily young starters, bench is pretty deep with a few high talent players. Strong team will capspace to make some moves this season also. Could be a top contender to win the title.

R'lyeh - B young future stars hide out on the starter line-up like Quant, and Cangialosi, but there are issues all over the place. Grieves is belived to be playing his peak ball now, with little hopes for him to improve, both SFs happen to be BA, and there isn't a PG on the team. Depth is solid, with players looking to chip in from all angles, but "finishers" seem to be absent. Good thing they have 3 first round draft picks in the next Draft.

Brisbane - B+ Questions about what happens if a flu or cold goes through the locker room really knocks what appears to be a rather strong starting line-up. Bench has talent to make up for their lack of depth. For running a short bench, both Foul and FAT vitals could be stronger for a few key players. Look for this team to develop well and be a real threat next season - injuries, etc... will weigh them down this season.

Atlantis - A- The Triplets have arrived. Clinkscales, Herbert "The Mole" Volle, and Charlie Scheib. the eldest two are 25, the youngest is 24... so get used to these three now. Bench looks great UNTIL you get to PF, SF and the need for a third SG. But other then that, the best starting five in the league probably, with little problems on the team. I am sure TC will do soemthing with that Capspace, and try to fill out his depth a bit.

Laconia - A they may not look pretty, and a few of them might have MINOR issues, but they look like they can go for a long time. Age is going to force them to contend now, and maybe next season, before some moves will have to be made to keep them a contender. They should remain competitive regardless. Watch for the tempo that these guys play... if they decide to run, they could win it all.

Holmgaard - B+ some talented starters and some reasonable bench depth. But there are some problems that will spring up such as starters being warn out or injured. Injuries will happen tothis team, and more frequently then Grafin would care for I am sure. Major moves will happen as soon as next season. Age is gonna slam the Window shut rather soon.

Siracusa - B+ a solid young team, with a few holes here and there, but they have youth on their side, and should be comepetitive this season. Could possibly contend next season.

Lundergaard - B+ I was torn between A- and B+, but just have to say that many low foul vitals for starters has to add up to something un-wanted. Nice talent and reasonable depth. IF they fix their issues with hacking they could contend this season. They will have to get in line fast though, because they have a limited window of opprotunity.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

South West, where the wild things roam - caution there may be monsters.
    OK, no Division is as touted as this one. They have Titles galore.

Chapel Hill - A Zane Stuekerjuerge. Very synergestic Starting line-up. Needs a long term PG, but brilliant move on the aged vet to hold - while he hunts for the long term fix. Has traded away 2 out of his next 4 first round draft picks. But considering IF he makes it, It may not be a question. Pretty Tight. Ain't prefect.

Smithfield - A- Very nice team. In serious need of a Real Center. Schmutz is a Stud Bench. Papazian is not a starter, and Mcfate isn't good for anything but solid second or third duty. Add one Legit Center to this team and they become inredibly deep at Center with Schnmutz pushed into his role, and Mcfate being solid clean-up. Short window.

Townsville - B+ Where is the SG? Age might hurt, since it's making up the foundation of the bench depth. Bryon Roupe - Cruel Fate. Still solid. Get some Prospects, strecth your window, best players will be there after the other's retire. Move a little younger, your core is the same.

Footscray - B+ you really want to like them, and bang you get spanked by that hackin' thing. Need to shed a few years in bench age.

Sydney - A Augustus "Caesar" Frates. There will never be another.

Oh, and the team is solid. I like the interesting fix at Center, and at PG. Menapace, Learn to spell that. He's going to become a fixture.

New Orleans - B+ Solid, but nothing excites.

Ho Ho - B+ Short Window. I see Sosebee over Stayner, but I don't see Sosebee as an answer. Stayneer will fill his role of defensively wearing out the opponent's starter, but Sosebee isn't enough to exploit that. Mifsud helps, but there are still holes in that bench , and age issues.

Melbourne - B+ Center needs to develop, or be replaced. Some very young very solid and good players in all of the other starter roles. Bench has some age that ain't helpin nothing develop.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

New Orleans Commodores
    Center: Will Daquilante Appears to be a nice Offensive Center, but on defense he will resemble a turnstile when he isn't sititng on the bench for hackin' smack. He'll either have to play "soft" and try to out-score his opponent, or hope his few minutes on the court will be enough for Antoine Mcphie to come in and do the same... there is a deffinate trend here with the position - All scoring no Defensive potential. Hubert Mahr is more of the same but 24, so we'll see him longer.

Power Forward: Ernie Mehring is a shining star. I am seeing High Post and a lot of it, considering the Offensive minded centers and Mehring. Score score score, The big guys on the team should be able to shoot even when forced outside of the paint. Galen Hengst fills warm body,but his age doesn't make him an asset. by time the team is ready for him to pitch in, he'll be dust. Delbert Hollier? Not sure he qualifies as a warm body. Expect A Power Forward to be picked up in the offseason, either in the Draft, FA, or a trade. Best bet is that they wil lbe 25 or younger also. Anything else would be a step back, in what could be a strength for New Orleans.

Shooting Guard: Danilo Caris looks like a nice Auxilary SG. He'll prosper picking up the "freebie Shots" if played in a system like High Post, but if he is called on to "be the man" he will go down in flames. High Screen is not an option for him. Maybe in 3-4 seasons, he'll have developed enough Off and foul to be leaned on, but in the mean-time I believe it would be best just to accept whatever "Bonus" points he hands out, and ignore him. Preston Shawgo, are they twins? almost the same as the starter. Might allow new Orleans to run a higher tempo game, GnG, if either SG shows any touch for shooting. Nicholas Felter will not be there in 2-3 seasons, when most of the team has developed and grown up.

Point Guard: Tristan Burlison - get used to that name, at 25 Burlison is going to be schooling Point Guards for a long long time. At his age group there are NO PGs close to his level of play. he'll play 10+ seasons and should be able to serve ANY role they ask of him. Good player to support the bigmen up front. Willard Vitko will do decent, as long as he doesn't get called on too often. His age will allow him to develop into a solid bench player while Greenwave looks for the "real" bench replacement through Draft and FA. I wasn't even going to mention Dewayne Noteboom, but with a name like Noteboom, I had to at least say his name. and yeah... that is all Noteboom is good for.

Small Forward: You can't ask for much more then Kirk Iden to fill the SF role. He should provide decent, solid production, as long as he isn't asked to "be the man" Idon't see Low Screen anytime soon. But I bet once again Iden would play a nice auxilary role in a post set - especially High Post. Jewell Trumball will be able to come in a fill when needed, but is not the future. In 2 seasons, I immagine New Orleans first round pick will be a SF - if he doesn't nab a FA in the meantime.

All and all a solid team, looking to the future. tehy ahve a few strengths, but those same strengths may hurt them in the long stretch of a season.

I would think scoring, scoring and more scoring if they want a chance at winning many games. Because I don't think they will slow too manty teams down with amazing Defense.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by GrendelKhan:
    North east:
    OZ - B+ Strong Depth, no one smacks you in the face screaming star. Foul will have to be worked around, and they might have injuries eat into their depth. Age might be a question for long term.

Vancouver - B Euell screams star in the making (if he can stay on the court, and not explode in tirades of temper). Other players can pitch in, but this is really a team looking at the future.

Outlands - B due to depth (which I am sure will get fixed, considering they have nearly #11mil in capspace left) and no SG. Orlando Dahlen WILL dominate. Medium age for most of the team will mean Kayne has to get on track quicker then he might like.

California - A- this is a young team with a great core to build from. They should be competitive this season, and a contender as soon as next season. Depth needs to be added.

Chicago - B foul and moderate depth holds back this promising team. Minutes might be an issue for starters. A lot of prospects of varying age and ability, should be rather competitive in a short time.

Ohio - A- really like this team, I was going to give them an A, but the bench depth needs to be developed quite a bit yet. At least the bench has good building blocks. Most of them shouldn't cause a lot of headaches when they are called on, but they do need to polish their game to be additions.

Midlands - B, some real issues, that I am sure Talltex will work on, like having more then 9 guys total on his roster, and the shiny red foul vitals. Could be a contender as soon as next season IF they develop rather well, other wise, I'd say in 2-3 seasons.

Veneta - B+ most opf the pieces are here. Devlopment of starter problems will have to be dealt with, and the bench could have more upper talent. But they are pretty solid over all.
    <font size="3" face="Sylfaen, Verdana, Helvetica">OZ won first game of the first round against Manitoba who is now in the Conference Final. 1-4

Vancouver 6-54

Outlands 28-32

California 2-3 in the Conference Final. League record 49-11 in the regular season.

Chicago was down 0-3 and finished 2-4 against California in the first round

Midlands 27-33

Veneta Beat Ohio 4-1 in the first round. Led Manitoba 2-0 before getting beat 2-4 in the second round.