Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

WEEK 6

1. Murray vs. Darren: At 3-2, both teams could use this game to get to .500, exactly at the midpoint of the season. The winner takes second-place in his division -- at least until week 7. From here on out, consistency will be key.

2. Jon vs. Megan: Game 1 of the Couples with Complicated Relationships week. Megan needs a win to hold off Darren or Murray, who can challenge for the top of the division if she loses. She'll still lead on points, though, so is safe for another week. At this point, the Jons are essentially playing spoiler, but this game could be an interesting one. Oh, the hilarity in front of that television in New Jersey!

3. Jose vs. Rob: Ah, the messy division B. Jose, currently the top seed, leads Jeri by just four points, and needs a win to stay ahead. Rob, meanwhile, at 2-3, needs the win to get into .500 and overtake me for the third seed. Will the Experience keep their form, or could the Slayers start making their run?

4. Jeri vs. MJ: Game 2 of the Couples with Complicated Relationships week. At 3-2, both of us need a win for different reasons: me, to get into second place and Jeri, to either keep her hold on the second-seed, or move into the top seed if Jose loses. A key game for both. Oh, the hilarity in front of that television in North Carolina!

5. Anthony vs. Ron: Both teams are on a downslide here, but one of them has to turn it around. Which one is it gonna be?

That's it. A bunch of teams have bye weeks this week, so keep that in mind. It won't be a cakewalk!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Week 6 pics:
    QB: Steelers
    RB: Seahawks
    WR: Bears
    K: Cowboys
    TS: Eagles
    TD: Eagles

[img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img]

Like I'd pull a Megan and intimidate with silence... am I essentially out of contention with eight weeks left? Jackson, did the Eagles claw their way to the Super Bowl two years ago only to lose? Oh. Right then.

I'm not throwing this game, no sirs/ma'ams. But the Colts and Pats have bye weeks. Go Big Ben and your three INT games! Yay for suckage!

Inactive Member SlaycitySlayers's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A drunken, crazed, Slade takes a look at this weeks prospects. One hand dangles a near empty bottle of Jack, and the other clearly brandishes a silver revolver that scratches across the floor as he rocks back and forth in his old wooden chair. "Better to just put the barrel in my mouth this week!"

[img]cool.gif[/img] QB -- Cincinatti (The boys are back, and they're playing the WINLESS, WITLESS Tampa Bay Bucs. Jax did well in their absence. Now back on the bench!)

[img]mad.gif[/img] RB -- The Skins! (I don't know what the hell they were doing last week, but they better not pull that shit this week! I might be tempted to pick INDY if they weren't in a BYE)

[img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] WR -- The Jets (Yes, I know those motherfuckers betrayed me last week, but they are playing Miami. Mr. Alexander is still out, so the vaunted 4 Receiver offense should be in full effect, but ST. Louie scares me. Yeah, they are only 19th vs. the pass, but Seattle is only 23rd in passing. Seattle just doesn't play as well when the defense knows they are gonna run... ummmm may be Pass you think? 4th and 2... Pass? You damn right! Next 20 plays pass too! Try and stop us. Think we sould call a running play coach? Fuck that! I can't back this pony till Shaun comes back.)

[img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] Kicking -- The STL!!! I can't say enough about them. I love them so much. They have guaranteed me points in this slot everytime. The only sure bet I got going.

From here on I am FUCKED!!!

New England has a BYE, so I have no choice but to pick KC for Team Defense (Not a bad thing mind you) and PITT for Total Score!!! sonofabitch!!!
    Not only does PITT suck hairy mooseballs now because Ben Ben pulled a Luke Skywalker in the offseason so I wouldn't get alot of points from them anyway which sucks, they are playing KC this week. So I got my Defense Team playing my Total Score Team. My only hope here is a 0 to 0 game. If PITT scores alot of points (yeah right) I get boned by the give up on Defense. Either way I'm screwed. I have to rely on QB, WR, RB, and Kicking this week only to win.

[img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] TD -- KC (Screwed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

[img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] TS -- PITT (No reacharound!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Have an anal raped day!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey Rob, Your TS and TD will total out to zero no matter what happens. You'll get the same positive score for PIT that you get negative for KC. No worries, you'll do better than some of us in that category!

Also, did you mean to pick the Jets or Seattle for WR? You picked the Jets, but you talked about Seattle throwing up a storm (heh, I said throwing up). Just curious.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh wait. Nevermind about that Jets thing. I thought NY played St Loius.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Presenting, the Miscarriage lineup.

QB: Seattle (no choice here. San Fran -- who I only took for one game, assuming they never play the Raiders or the Texans -- is matched up against San Diego, and will move the ball not an inch on Sunday. Meanwhile, Seattle is up against St. Louis, who everyone seems afraid of. Why? I have no idea!)

RB: NO (Go Deuce MacAllister, go! I agonized over this for a moment -- before I realized that Philly's defense is much, much worse than Kansas City's. Also, the Saints are a slightly better team than Pittsburgh. We'll see how smart I am.)

WR: NYG

K: NO

TS: STL (because Indy has a bye. Basically, I'm hoping for a wild shoot-out between the Seahawks and Rams, which probably won't happen because Mike Martz works for Detroit. Blast.)

TD: ATL (My second-worst draft pick this year. Atlanta's defense is only mediocre, and they're playing the Giants. Jesus and his babies. On the other hand, Tampa Bay's defense -- a horrible, horrible draft pick -- is matched up against the Bengals, so I'm just looking to staunch the bleeding this week. So much hatred!)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A grudge match vs Darkwing! Good luck Murray, you're lineup chooses itself this week. Four of your slots have a team with a bye week, and your WR's are Arizona, who plays *Da Bears*, or San Diego, who plays...does it matter? Me? I've agonized and over-analyzed myself into a headache. See for yourself:

[img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img] QB: Washington (Yeah, I know they screwed me hard and painfully last week, and if I would have picked Arizona I'd have had over 70 points, but they're named after the Father of Our Country and they play the winless Titans. Oh yeah, and Arizona plays Chicago this week. The Cards would have a beeter chance against a field full of real Bears.)

[img]biggrin.gif[/img] RB: Denver (I don't think I can go wrong here. Dallas plays Houston at home, and Denver plays Oakland at home. It's an embarrassment of riches! P.S. I've switched this pick back and forth three times now. Remember that headache I was talking about?)

[img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] WR: Philly (Have I mentioned that I have a boy crush on Donovan McNabb? No? Well, it'll only last while he keeps winning for me, so if he wants some, he'd better find me quick.)

[img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] K: Buffalo (Hopefully, I'll be drunk while watching this game.)

[img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img] TS: Seattle (As previously mentioned, Arizona plays the Bears. Even though I'm no longer enamored with the Seahawks, my choice is easy.)

[img]eek.gif[/img] TD: Seattle (I want to pick New Orleans here, but Philadelphia is a point scoring machine. I'm really bankin' on a spankin' of the Rams this week.)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    HEY! The Eagles D is the best ever!*

* in quarters one, after giving up the standard 10 points on the first two drives, through three.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Week 6 picks:
    QB-CHI, I'm going back with Rex this week.
    RB-ATL
    WR-TENN, since Indy has a bye.
    K-MIA
    TS-NYG, although this makes me nervous since they're playing at Atlanta.
    TD-CHI
    I love that it's the week of Couples with Complicated Relationships...you're good, Mike. If I win, am I allowed to rub it in, Jon?!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    See, a hack would go with the obvious response.

But the Jersey Jons are not the Hackettstown Hacks. We are gentlemen and scholars. And we care about our fellow man, whoa or otherwise.

Therefore, feel free to rub whatever you -- Sh*t! No! We can't help it! Can't...stop...typing...hack...joke -- want.
    [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast