Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Last year, the playoff games were agonizingly close. This year, not so much. This week saw two formerly-awful teams get into the championship for the first time and two wonderful teams go down in losses. For the second to last time, here are the scores!

1. Murray 91, Megan 73: If ever there were a time to break the 90-point mark, this week was it. Murray needed a big game to get a victory over the Megamaniacs and got it, primarly on the strength of Jacksonville's freakish day over the Colts. When your team gets nearly 400-yards of rushing, you're not likely to lose. The win -- actually, the last several wins -- by Team Venture is a huge turnaround from last year, when the team finished in last effing place. Congratulations, Coach M! The Megamaniacs, meanwhile, went down hard but just got outscored (they also zeroed on total score and total defense, which didn't help). The loss closes out a phenomenal season for Megan, who happily stepped in because Pete is wacky. She contributed and managed her team like a champ, participated and knew enough to bail on Rex Grossman when he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn a few weeks ago. Hope you had fun, Meg.

2. Anthony 78, Jeri 63: Remember just a month ago, when Anthony was advocating death to some people? Oh, how times have changed. Just six weeks after suffering through a wobbly season, Anthony's team has done the remarkable, rising from the tail end of division B to take the division championship. Good job, Anthony/Chance/esoteric Dune character! The team won on the strength of Chicago's dismantling of the Rams, and not even a monster day from New Orleans was enough to help the Upstarts win (Denver gave up 48 points to the Chargers on Sunday, which hurt their chances). A damn impressive season from the Cooking with Something Extremely Hot team. Jeri, like Murray, also had a fantastic year, running through the division like water and wisely sticking to New Orleans like glue. Last year, she finished in 7th place. Hope you had fun, DJ.

So, next week, Anthony vs. Murray. Winner gets beer. Thanks for playing, Jeri and Meg!

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ December 12, 2006 01:42 AM: Message edited by: mjay ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for letting me play, everybody. I had a lot of fun. Even though I can't brag about winning my first time playing (especially to Jon), I can at least say I learned a ton about football and stats and points and all kinds of random boy stuff!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Eeep! She knows random boy stuff! She's infiltrated the club! Who's responsible for that? There's going to be fireworks at the meeting, that's for sure.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Megamaniacs, ya done good here.

[img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/pizza.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] .