Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Week 9, Preview (spelled correctly this time!)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Great...that means I lost to a team primarily composed of the Carolina Panthers. They have a bye week, the owner never bothers to change them, and I lose........yea.

Just a suggestion, but I'd like to see penalties for apathy. I mean, not even bothering to come online and type in, 'I'm playing my Dolphins/Panthers in every position.......again' is just silly. Maybe I'm being overcompetitive and silly, but them getting help on the one week where they should be hurt? Sigh.

Methinks rule changes are in order for Season 3. Other than that, I tip my hat to you, Mike. You've put quite a bit of work into this, just with number crunching alone. For the most part, everyone seems to enjoy it, so kudos. I, myself, like the color commentary with the pre and post game coverage.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Great...that means I lost to a team primarily composed of the Carolina Panthers. They have a bye week, the owner never bothers to change them, and I lose........yea.

Just a suggestion, but I'd like to see penalties for apathy. I mean, not even bothering to come online and type in, 'I'm playing my Dolphins/Panthers in every position.......again' is just silly. Maybe I'm being overcompetitive and silly, but them getting help on the one week where they should be hurt? Sigh.

Methinks rule changes are in order for Season 3. Other than that, I tip my hat to you, Mike. You've put quite a bit of work into this, just with number crunching alone. For the most part, everyone seems to enjoy it, so kudos. I, myself, like the color commentary with the pre and post game coverage.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree with Anthony, who is clearly padding his post stats now. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Nothing personal, Darren, but I believe you should have been penalized for not posting the right team. I also believe that the ones who don't pay attention should be penalized for not paying attention.

If you don't switch your team and it has a bye week, then you should get a zero. It's simple, and it makes those of us who obsess about this feel better that we get something for participating other than a weekly drubbing.

Darren, I originally thought you were trying to cover your ass for picking a team with a bye week. But your explanation to the board is upfront, and I, for one, appreciate that.

Mike, I agree with pretty much everyone on one thing: you make this whole thing enjoyable, and the weekly previews and round-ups make the whole thing that much better. I toast thee.

[img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you, Jon. And as for the padding? Well, I'm just trying to make 'Senior Hostboard Member'.

WTH! Did I miss a meeting or something? Is this like a Freemason thing? I'm hoping it's that I have to hit some arbitrary number of posts.

Is it creepy or a charming character flaw that I smell conspiracy in everything? [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Folks,

I just picked up a new laptop today (a Dell! With a DVD burner! And an internal wireless card! Oh God, the joy!) so I'm still figuring it out. In any case, the scores and the standings and all the rest of it will be coming up shortly.

Also, the Democrats have regained control of the House of Representatives. Heh.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

And the Senate!

Since I don't want it to look I'm just padding my post count with extraneous political chatter...

Good job, Mike! We all appreciate the fact that you run this game, not to mention all the work you put into it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Scores and standings coming before noon.

Two things first: a long time ago, back when we first starting playing this -- back during the Sunbury days! -- we decided that people wouldn't get penalized for not updating their lineup. At the time, some people couldn't get to their computers every week to post, and it seemed Draconian to penalize them for it. So far, the rule hasn't changed.

I don't think that people who do contribute should be penalized for not updating their lineup -- or in Darren's case, making a mistake. Murray updates his lineup sporadically; should I give him big zeroes for every game that he doesn't email me? He'd stop playing in a week. Since there's so little at stake in this game -- there's no money involved yet -- it seems inappropriate to burden everyone with rules and stipulations. If we were playing for money, though, that would be different.

Still, I see everyone's point: there's got to be some consequence, some ramification, for not participating, which I agree with. And am working on.

And finally, Jeri sent me her lineup early last week, which I forgot to post. So here it is, random chatter and all:

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Monday, October 30, 2006 3:15 pm
    To: Young, D. Jeri
    Subject: RE: HEY
    Got it. Speaking of football, you missed a chance to take the top of your division last night, because Dallas beat Carolina.

Sent: Monday, October 30, 2006 3:21 pm
    To: Jackson, M. Paul
    i know. i should have at least taken New Orleans for receivers. that would have helped some. Drew Brees is a machine. Cincinatti scored a lot of points, but denver gave up a bunch. that killed me.

Sent: Monday, October 30, 2006 3:28 pm
    Yup. And for the record, I still have you down as having Jacksonville's total score. You didn't mention changing it from last week. If you had the Bengals total score, you still would have lost, but I wanted to make sure you knew who was on your team.

Sent: Monday, October 30, 2006 3:43 pm
    ah. dree brees to the rescue. carolina has a bye, so here's my lineup (don't LOSE it)

QB: SD (drat)
    RB: TB (double drat)
    WRs: NO (maybe, maybe)
    KS: SF (who the heck is their kicker?)
    TS (TBA)
    TD (TBA)

Sent: Monday, October 30, 2006 3:46 pm
    My God. You've had San Diego in your lineup and you've gone with the Panthers all year? Talk about favoritism. The amazing thing is, it's actually managed to work for you. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Sent: Monday, October 30, 2006 4:30 pm

rest of my team:
    TS: Jax
    TD: Minn

Inactive Member SlaycitySlayers's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)