Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Man. Remember when the scores used to be close? Week 4 was basically the "Blow Out Week," and you either won in a landslide or got beaten badly. Also, the Jersey Jons got themselves off the floor, Anthony lost a heartbreaker to Rob and the Gross Miscarriage of Justice did something vile in public. Scores!

1. Meg 89, Ron 62: This year's Megamaniacs have quickly established themselves as last year's Jersey Jons. The Megs didn't even make this close, beating Ron's team into the soft, loamy earth. Meg -- who just drafted Chicago's QB two days earlier -- got a huge contribution from the Bears and, along with the ground game of the Falcons, walked through this game easily. Ron's team played well, but couldn't keep up. The season is still early, but the Megamaniacs are going to be tough to stop.

2. Jon 79, Murray 39: Jon, why couldn't you do this before? The Jersey Jons won a must needed game last week, beating a stumbling Team Venture by 40 points. Philly's dominance over the Packers, combined with huge games from Chicago and the Patriot's made this game an easy one. Also, Team Venture was hurt by a Cardinals team that couldn't seem to throw the ball properly (177 yards receiving?) and a Jaguars team that ran the ball just as badly. Egads. And speaking of egads...

3. Rob 80, Anthony 63: Cooking with Sterno lost a key game to the Slaycity Slayers last week, and missed their chance to get to .500. A tough loss. The Slayers -- who also needed this game -- blew the doors open with Kansas City's dismantling of the friggin' 49ers, not to mention 12 points on field goals from the Rams. When you can break double-digits on field goals, you very rarely lose. Rob's 17-point win over Cooking with a Hot Plate was a big one, but not as big as

4. Darren 57, MJ 32: Yeah. What to say about this? Darren -- a stone's throw away from .500 -- also needed this game, and got it in a big way. When the other team can't break 40 points, things sort of take care of themselves. The Miscarriage was deeply betrayed by a #1 rookie who couldn't run, a Randy Moss who couldn't catch and a San Francisco offense that couldn't do either. On the other hand, the Gross Miscarriage of Justice have now set the record for lowest points all season! Yay! Strive for the best, goddammit!

5. Jose 68, Jeri 53: A solid win for the Jose Experience. With one win, the Experience has now jumped to the top of Division B, but leads by only a hair on Jeri's team. See what a big victory can do? The Experience won on the strength of Philly's QB, as well as a St. Louis team that finally got back to throwing the ball. Jeri's team lost primarily because the Bengals scored just 13 points last week. Oy. The next several weeks could see these two -- as well as everyone in that cluttered division -- flip places like mad, but we'll see.

That's it. I'll email the standings later on.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 03, 2006 11:52 AM: Message edited by: mjay ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Supremacy would like to apologize to fans in our home town, Otisburg, for our embarrassing showing this past weekend, and assure them that we will live up to our name in the future. The Supremacy would also like to thank the Miscarriage for living up to their name now.

Inactive Member SlaycitySlayers's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's right! Cooking with a hot plate just got served a big helping of Humble Pie! Pretty soon he'll be cooking with an oily rag.

Slayers rule!

Where's my escalade? Time for the victory celebration!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ouch - 40 points. Maybe we need to implement a mercy rule [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Good win Jon.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks, Murray,, um, for not scoring a lot of points and good luck the rest of the way.

Hey Mike, can we clarify who I have for Total Score? Three out of the four weeks I thought I had the Steelers and Eagles. But you said I have the Cowboys, and not the Steelers, right?

Good luck this weekend, Supremacy. Oh how the Double Js remember last year's playoffs.

Ain't that a [img]graemlins/dog.gif[/img] .

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Double J's,

No, your total score is officially Dallas and Philadelphia. I wrote down the wrong TS for you when I posted everyone's lineups last month, but I corrected it.

Oddly, Philadelphia was actually your *backup* TS, which is hysterical.

Inactive Member SlaycitySlayers's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Where's that week 5 lineup Jackson? =)