Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Vampire as in LARP? (Live Action Role-Playing) ?

You freaks!!!

That's like a bunch of high school kids getting sticks and playing real world D&D after school.

Did mazes & monsters not teach you anything??!!

Tom Hanks finest role.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

> Vampire as in LARP? (Live Action Role-Playing)?
    You freaks!!!

Rob (and Murray, and Darren!),

The problem with repeatedly missing the Mike Shows is that you end up missing some of the best party games in existence. For about four hours, 12 of us played a game that's a combination of Clue and Survivor. A good, loud, vaguely-argumentative time was had by all.

The game is actually called "Mafia" (or "Werewolf"), but I renamed it because "Vampire" sounded more ominous. I could explain it, but it'd take way too long. A pretty thorough description is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_(game).

Rest assured, I will pull this game back out soon enough. (True story: I tried to play the game with a bunch of people from work, but most of them were either too drunk or too, well, boring to fully understand it. Yuck.)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hmmm...another problem with repeatedly missing them is not knowing about them until they are mentioned to you a day or so before they are to happen. And not being invited. Ahem. [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I resent being lumped into the slacker category! That Mikefest was the only one I missed (there may have been one more -- I forget). That was the year after playing Uno on the upper floor of...I want to say Madame X?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Darren: yeah, I think the Vampire game was a year after the Uno marathon at Madame X (heretofore known as the bar that banned Tracy Morgan for life). Sadly, I completely screwed up the scheduling for that place, and everyone showed up late. I've figured out how to correct that error in the future. Also, did you ever see the photos? Quite amusing.

Anthony: you only hear about these things a few days before? I thought you were included on the lists. I'll fix that, too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12