Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

And the chickens have hatched.

Coach Blackadder: See? The land mines and fire pits killed half their team! An embarrassing total...for both of us really. Wouldn't have been if we took the Chiefs passing.

Asst. Coach Baldrik: I never should have doubted. Who knew Mutant League ball would work in our favor?

Extremely unofficial count:

Darren
    ------
    QB: ARI 11
    RB: DEN 23
    WR: PHI 16
    K: MIN Monday night
    TS: SEA 14
    TD: NO 18
    ----
    46 plus

Rob
    ---
    QB: CIN 17
    RB: IND 9
    WR: NYJ 11
    K: STL 3
    TS: PIT 7
    TD: KC 14
    ----

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Am I the only one who got a huge kick out of that running trash-talk tally? I know I can't be. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Also, because I didn't hear from them, the Absentee Landlords' lineups are:

Ron
    QB: NYG
    RB: OAK
    WR: DEN
    K: TB
    TS: SAND
    TD: PITT

Jose
    QB: PHIL
    RB: SAND
    WR: MINN
    K: HOU
    TS: ARIZ
    TD: IND

Jeri
    QB: CARO
    RB: CARO
    WR: GB
    K: CARO
    TS: JAX
    TD: DEN

Anthony
    QB: DALL
    RB: ARIZ
    WR: CINCI
    K: NYG
    TS: CHI
    TD: SAND

Inactive Member SlaycitySlayers's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Coach Slade: "Lendonian Supremacy eh? Competent team?"

Off. Coordinator Fleshrender: "They play in the G-Sector division, sir."

Normally I'd have been the first to post my lineup, but I wanted to make Darren sweat till the last possible minute.

I have to admit, this is a key week for the Slayers, and if they can't beat the Supremacy here, then the season is over. I had some tough calls to make. Here's the lineup.

forums QB: Cincinatti (The boys are back in town! They're playing Altanta who doesn't even play defense. I see some great yardage coming here.)

forums WR: J-E-T-S JETS!!! (I can't back the vaunted 4 reciever offense with Hasslebeck not at the helm and not against the Chiefs, who if you remember last week managed to beat the unbeatable SD chargers. F that noise)

forums RB: INDY (No choice. Just gotta hope they run the ball some)

forums Kicking: The STL!! (Back from the bye and kicking Lenda in his eye!)

forums TS: PITT (Ben is still in, and I don't want the Monday Night curse! I don't like the odds versus Minnesota anyway.)

forums TD: KC (Playing the odds here. Seneca Wallace? Who da F is that? Their O Line is smashed! This game is gonna be a low scorer for them that is won on Defense. This could hurt me, but oh well.)

My only gambles are WR and TD. I'm betting that Seattle can't do squat this week though.

Are you ready for some foozeball Lenda??!!!

To quote Al Bundy, who got 4 touchdowns in one game: "Let's Rock!"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

JONS FIRE FOUNDER, BLOGGER TO TAKE THE HELM

(AP) -- The Jersey Jons fired team founder Jon Zlock Monday, one day after he stupidly, again, went with his wilted heart over statistics, common sense and fate in picking his fantasy football lineup.

"The game was completely my responsibility for not getting my football team ready to play," said Zlock, who will be replaced by blogger Old Man Snap for the remainder of the season.

Zlock inexplicably chose the Eagles' offense, which scored six points on Sunday, instead of the Cowboys', who are actually coached by a coach who knows how to, well, coach, and scored a whooping 35 in Carolina Sunday night.

He also sat the best quarterback the league has seen since the days of Montana and Marino and went with a concussed young fellow who threw four interceptions against the frigging Raiders.

"It was embarrassing," Zlock said. "It was embarrassing on my part, and the job that I did, and it trickled down to the players and the coaches. You're not going to win football games in this fantasy league playing like we did there."

Reached for comment, Old Man Snap said "we will never, ever pick the Eagles again for anything. We love the TO and the Parcells and the Tony Romos and all of these things. And those cheerleaders... whoa nelly."

OMS, as he is known, enjoys the third-person plural and bitching about the naked men in the gym locker room (http://oldmansnap.blogspot.com).

His football savvy is unknown as of this writing.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

We're doing this now because we won't change our minds willy-nilly like that other nimrod.

For Week 9, the Jersey Jons* lineup is as follows:

QB: Colts.
    RB: Pats.
    WR: Bears.
    K: Colts.
    TS: Cowboys.
    TD: Giants.

* Team name to be changed to the San Francisco Scarletts, pending league-approved move and name change.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

> He also sat the best quarterback the league has seen since the days of Montana and Marino and went with a concussed young fellow who threw four interceptions against the frigging Raiders.

When I was doing some of the scores last night, I thought "Jon actually didn't start Peyton Manning? The guy had 437 yards of offense." Fortunately, the concussed Roethlisberger had 390, so the damage wasn't too bad.

The original owner of the Jons could end on a high note, though. If New England can put up 110 yards rushing tonight, the Jons will win! Can you believe it?

Inactive Member SlaycitySlayers's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    OMS. Is he ODB's cousin?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123