Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Week 9, Recap

Wow. As if there weren't enough controversy. For the first time in three seasons, there was tie, some of the invisible players learned the downside to being invisible and Darren's attempt to steal a game went nowhere. If you're one of the quiet ones, everyone hates you right now, and here are the scores!

1. Megan 59, Darren 46: A good game, with a little bit of controversy. Darren mistakenly started the wrong wide receiver set last week -- Philly, who had a bye -- and then tried to get away with using his backup. Shenanigans! But, because I haven't penalized anyone else for starting a team that isn't playing that week, I let him get away with it. Not that it made a difference. After a huge passing day from the Colts, the Megamaniacs walked away with this game, easy. A cheater never wins, Lenda!

2. Ron 43, Rob 43: Yup; I added it four times. Both teams finally did the inevitable, posting the same points in a game Ron needed more than Rob. Whoops. The RonBots' total score and total defense zeroed out, and the abysmmal points they got from Oakland's running game didn't help matters. Meanwhile, the Slayers lost four points on their total score/total defense ratio -- courtesy of the Patriots loss to the Colts -- but did just enough to tie the game. An extra field goal from the best kicker in the damn league, and the Slayers would have had this game in the bag.

3. Jon 65, Murray 53: A solid win by the struggling Jons. After two weeks of passive-aggressive messages, a lineup change and the ouster of its head coach, the Jons won big over Team Venture, taking advantage of Murray's loss of Arizona and Minnesota's inability to score more than a field goal last week. Anger can be productive! Murray's backup wide receivers, the Chargers, put up 211 yards in the air, but it wasn't nearly enough. If the Jons can win out, they'll finish the season with a 7-6 record, which would be incredible. Arizona's bye week might have hurt Team Venture some, but not nearly as badly as

4. MJ 48, Jose 39: Let the record show that I won this game with 48 points. Gawd. The Gross Miscarriage won a game they had to have, winning against a team that -- well, that didn't have an offense. Both of Jose's total scores, Arizona and Carolina, were off last week, and if you had to pick a category that got no points, it probably shouldn't be that one. Meanwhile, the Miscarriage won despite another crummy showing on defense from the Falcons, and remain one game out of the playoffs. Jose needed that game to fend off Jeri, but lost his top spot because

5. Jeri 80, Anthony 40: Ergh. In the biggest game last week, the Upstarts won it on the strength of Jacksonville's insane beating of Tennessee, while the Cooking With team lost it through Chicago's insane losing against Miami. How in the hell? Combine this with the Bengals inability to pass against the Ravens, and things just got worse. The Cooking With team could have used this game to miraculously take over the second-seed, but now drop one spot, to fourth place. A tough loss. Meanwhile, Jeri, who was in last place last year, stands atop her division, and will probably mock me mercilessly until Saturday!

That's it. I know some of you are upset, and have a right to be, but the game is still supposed to be fun. I'll try to make sure these problems don't happen again.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You're crazy, Mike. Cheaters always win.

Inactive Member SlaycitySlayers's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I hate you Ron! If you had actually paid attention, you probably would have won with Miami.

Way to beat that cheatin Lenda, Meg!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Kevin Federline's debut album, Playing with Fire, debuted at #151 on the Billboard Album Chart.

Um. Yeah. Some of us are mad? Nah. Britney's free, y'all. Ain't no need for hate up in here.

Right? Who's with us? [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bah! Screw that! The Division B playoffs are tantamount to setting up your Madden game to have the computer play itself.

Hate is a strong word. I need a stronger one. Loath...that'll work.

I have learned my lesson though. I'm tapping out. Like Peter Sellers playing Chance Gardener in 'Being There', I shall be a blank slate. I will say maybe only one thing and do nothing. People will be amazed with my simple(ton) approach and project great wisdom where there is none. The rewards will flow to me like the Mighty Mississippi.

Enjoy playing my team for me also. Thanks.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Chauncey Gardiner showed up! Hey Chauncey, we hear you're "weeding your garden." So does that mean you're firing your head coach, or throwing out your starting lineup?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, I hope you don't completely bail, Anthony -- er, Chance. We like having you here. Next season, I'm planning some rules to make sure this sort of thing doesn't happen again. It's a little too late to change everything now, however.

"Weeding the garden?" Should I even ask?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's funny the icon for that little picture above is called "boy-hug." Heh.

Thanks for the kudos, Rob. This is a little more complicated than previous years, if only because we've got more people and two divisions. At some point, I'm going to dump all this stuff into a spreadsheet or a computer-generated scoring system, so I don't have to keep sharpening #2 pencils in my house.

Also, it fascinates me that the "preview" messages have always gotten more reponses than the "recap" messages; I really figured it would be the other way around. Go figure.

Inactive Member SlaycitySlayers's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The [img]graemlins/sheep.gif[/img] brains don't bother me. Hell this is the most people we have had in the history of doing this, and it's difficult to find people who will actually commit. This is the quietest Jose has ever been, and I don't think Pete has ever followed through on actually playing which is why I always laugh when his name is up there.

Since we are not playing for [img]graemlins/money.gif[/img] its not a big deal like Mike said. I enjoy the trash-talk and Mike's wrapups have made me laugh quite a few times. Maybe we should have a [img]graemlins/computer.gif[/img] division and all the people who can't be bothered can play against the other bots.

I'm sure Mike will come up with an [img]graemlins/idea.gif[/img] that will satisfy everyone.

So have a [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] and chill.

or do some of you need a [img]graemlins/boy_hug.gif[/img] ?