Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: The Altec User's Board Free Marketplace !

Senior Hostboard Member
    The Altec User's Board Free Marketplace !

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)

Re: WTB - Altec 604B Duplex and N1000B Crossover

Quote Originally Posted by cholt View Post
    how many do you need, two? I have some that are in new condition, Curt in Los Angeles, 310-994-8421
    this would be great. i left a message on your phone. are these just the horns or with drivers also?
    Sonic Barbarian

Junior Hostboard Member fakesports's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

WTB: (1) 1505b Multicell Horn

Wondering if anyone has a single 1505b horn they're looking to sell. Could also trade a pair of 311 horns or 805b's if that interests anyone. Thanks.

Junior Hostboard Member mflaten's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

For Sale pair Altec 288-16H Excelelnt Condition

Pair of excellent condition Altec 288-16H compression drivers. Altec Lansing 288-16H horn drivers are the last of the famous 288 drivers made with an ALNICO magnet and tangerine phase plug for better high frequencies. It's been forty years since the 288Hs were last made and they continue to be widely regarded as the best compression drivers. They are much rarer (made for just one year) than even the highly regarded 288G?s. The serial numbers are 122 and 140. They are very efficient and operate with amplifiers at 1.5watts. They, like the 288G?s are one-third larger and extend the upper frequency limit by 2,000 cps compared with previous 288s.

SPECIFICATIONS:

Frequency 500-15,000 Hz

Sensitivity 109db/1w/1m

Diaphragm Aluminum

Throat Size 1.4?

Voice Coil Diameter 2.8"

Weight 29.25 lbs.

Although they probably did not need it, I had both drivers remagnetized and new aluminum diaphragms installed by Great Plains Audio.

Condition of the bodies and rear covers is outstanding. The drivers have all mounting hardware and gaskets.

These drivers are a great addition to the Khorns with an 805 horn or the 311-60 horn.

Asking $1,250 or best offer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mflaten; March 6th, 2016 at 12:56 PM.

Senior Hostboard Member Elitopus1's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

WTB: Emilar EH800 horns/EA175 drivers

I am looking for a single 515B/C frame for recone. I have a late model 515B (with 16" frame) and am looking for a mate. The plan is to get them both reconed at GPA at the same time
    Thanks much!
    Last edited by Elitopus1; October 27th, 2016 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Added more info

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Altec Model 19's for sale in San Diego

It is with great reluctance that I've decided to sell my M19's. We moved into a condo 3 yrs ago and they're simply too big for the room. I've held on to them because I wasn't sure if I would like condo living. Looks like this is where we will stay, so it's time to down size.

I bought these speakers about 5 yrs ago. After buying them I checked the resistor values in the XO. Many were no longer close to the specified value, so the resistors and capacitors were replaced. Other than that, I have done no modifications. I haven't opened the cabs and don't know the models of the horns/drivers.

Cabinets are oak veneer, and look quite good considering their age. Certainly not perfect but not many dings. Pics are available to interested buyers.

Price is $2200 and that is pretty firm. Thought I would offer them here to people who love Altecs, before listing elsewhere.

I greatly prefer local pick up in San Diego. However, if the buyer arranges a shipping company to pick up, pack and pallet the speakers I am willing to be home to assist.

I have too many other "toys" I should also get rid of, so please, no trade offers. I can be contacted by email dthagerty at aol dot com

Dave

SOLD
    Last edited by Altec Best; July 4th, 2016 at 01:26 PM.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: The Altec User's Board Free Marketplace !

I am looking for a Model 14 crossover (gen 2 to be specific). Recognizable by the 2 on the circuit card. Also has only one inductor on the board. The cap values should be 2uf and 10uf.

I am restoring a pair and found one crossover but prefer another matching gen 2 board. I don't want to modify the original series one boards unless I come up empty in my search.

Thanks, Nick

Junior Hostboard Member onextwo's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

WTB Altec 416-16B, Pair

Hello, I'm looking for a pair of Altec 416-16B in good to excellent condition. Thank you Mar

Junior Hostboard Member ALTEC-REP's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

FOR SALE in Minneapolis - A7-500 Voice of the Theatres

Two modern ALTEC A7-500 installed 16 years ago in Minneapolis. Last batch of ALNICO drivers on the 16" 416-8B woofers with stepped magnets. ALNICO 802-8D compression drivers on 511B horns with N501-8A L-Pad adjustable networks - all original to this pair.

Beautiful 3/4" plywood 828B enclosures have 4 perfect VOTT decals, original ALTEC Theater-Gray paint, and skid rails on the back. I'm replacing the missing grille cloth and horn bracket painted to match - a work in progress.

Labor of love for me - I was the ALTEC-PRO midwest factory rep 1974-75. Please call me (10AM - 8PM) for more details at 612-928-5788 or 612-388-2365 - I talk much faster than I type!

Cheers, and Happy Listening!

Junior Hostboard Member DudyDog's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am trying to put together the system I had 35+ years ago, of which a pair of Altec Segovia 874-A's were a part. If anyone has a pair for sale or has seen some for sale, please let me know. Would prefer they were in good working condition as I'm not experienced at repairing and the like.

Senior Hostboard Member Elitopus1's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

WTB Altec 604G/604LN/604HPLN/Urei 604 with metal annular slit phase plug. It needs not have a good cone or diaphragm. -FOUND

Also looking for a single 288G or 291B driver. It doesn't have to have a diaphragm.
    Last edited by Elitopus1; October 27th, 2016 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Looking for more stuff