Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

9864A Trio in Houston area - no crossovers or flight HW

I stopped by Money Mart & Pawn, a new pawn shop that just opened here in Pearland, Texas, and noticed a trio of Altec 9864A speakers on the rack that were marked $999 for all three. The beige cabinets are in descent shape but no crossover/EQ module nor suspension HW was available for them. Cabinet date codes were 1995. I stopped by there again this AM and a shop employee, Stephen, tipped the boxes for me while I measured the driver's DCR at the terminal strips. They all were between 6 and 8 ohms. Didn't know if there was any interest here but I thought I would pass it along. I find the DTS/Engines fascinating and would enjoy getting some passive crossovers connected to them, but I've got no room for two or three more 12ft3 boxes boxes around here!

Money Mart Pawn Ph. 281-661-3501

Jeff
    Last edited by jmarkwart; November 8th, 2014 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Added Phone #

HB Super Moderator
    9864A Trio in Houston area - no crossovers or flight HW

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Re: 9864A Trio in Houston area - no crossovers or flight HW

Thanks for posting Jeff ! Yeah those duplexes are quite interesting. I think they combine the 515-8GHP and a 299 IIRC.I bet they scream..I don't think they go very low though.