Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Re: Model 19 crossovers under way

It sounds like Bill has already decided how he is building the crossovers.

I like solid wire also. Especially when using screw terminal strips

Senior Hostboard Member BillWojo's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Yep, already have it planned out. The L-pads I'm using are 100Watt Dayton Audio, very large (2 1/2" diameter) so they shouldn't degrade the signal especially being new.
    I do kind of agree on changing them out for fixed resistors IF nothing will ever change. Nothing means speaker placement, furniture, wall and floor treatments, the list goes on. Not to mention anything in the delivery stream.

BillWojo

Senior Hostboard Member LowOhms's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elitopus1 View Post
    It sounds like Bill has already decided how he is building the crossovers.

I like solid wire also. Especially when using screw terminal strips
    Hello Don,

Allow Mr. Bill Wojo to speak for himself, he is entirely capable. Especially since I have (a) contradicted his thinking on a pubic Forum and (b) intended to help him.

As for what you do, with 12 and 14 AWG solid wires and screw terminals ( neither which I would use today in audio ), or anything else you do in audio for that matter, I have little interest.

I will only interact with you if you happen to be in my way on this Forum. Nothing personal intended, I like you and the spirit you exhibit, its refreshing, but I just think I can't help you one iota!! I think this ALTEC Forum is big enough, and good enough, for both of us, even if we diverge in many areas.

Regards and best personal wishes,

Jeff ..... Low Ohms

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

My Altec Model 19 build | Audiokarma Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums

Started a new thread about my build over at AK. Hope you enjoy the pics.

BillWojo

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I gotta say, I saw this xover Bill is building today. It is a thing of beauty. Wires perfectly run , so neat and clean. Mine will look like a bowl of spaghetti compared to this.
    Great job Bill!!!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Thanks Steve, I'm sure yours will come out fine. I'm liking that Belden hook up wire that your using, really looks nice.
    So today I had a little bit of free time and took a ride down to the shore to finally meet Steve. He lives on one of the barrier islands off the coast of NJ.
    Had a great time, to bad I couldn't stay longer. Listened to his 300B SE amp fed by his TT into a beautiful tubed preamp all feeding his home made Altec/JBL speakers. 902's mated to 511b horns on top of nicely made cabinets housing JBL woofers. Very clean with great dynamics, listened to a variety of music, it all sounded great. I don't think I've ever heard Pink Floyd sound so good, I had chills listening to it.
    Steve, I'll let you fill in the gang with the makes and models, it's all new to me, I just know I really enjoyed listening to it. I don't normally see this caliber of gear so it's easy for me to forget the names.
    By the way, on the way back I pulled over and looked out over the ocean, it was awesome in the misty rain seeing the waves come crashing in. It's funny, I live about an hour from the beach but rarely ever get there.

BillWojo

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes Bill was great to finally meet you. And seeing your xover setup gave me some ideas. I spent yesterday after you left soldering little hooks onto short pieces of that wire. Was very time consuming. Lol.
    My gear I've simplified over the years, and have been downgrading money wise, and upgrading sound wise. It includes a basic Rega rp3 turntable(which I think is going to be changed very soon) with an ortofon 2m black cartridge. An Allnic h1201 phonostage. And a Viva integrated 300b amp. As you know from my speaker build thread, I have JBL d130's and was going to sell them and buy 416's. On the advise from a few around here I gave them a try first and I'm loving them. Doesn't go as low as a 416, but goes alot higher and is more efficient. I think this model 19 xover will work out great, xing over at higher Hz is just what they need.
    Thanks again for coming by Bill and your welcome any time. Great to meet you!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12