Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Re: Interesting site

Very cool.

I've always been a fan of the vintage tube amps.
    My favorite being the Heathkit W5M and those really nice peerless output transformers.
    I've two pairs converted to 6B4G (6 volt 2A3 in an octal base)

Ron
    Enjoying Altec Speakers since 1972

Senior Hostboard Member voice of the theater's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I like that the website is searchable. I did a search for "Dynaco" and one of the results that came up was the June 1959 issue of Hi-Fi/Stereo Review that has the Dynaco Stereo 70 in it. While browsing through this issue, I found a cool ad for the "New Altec 605A Duplex Speaker With Controlled Linear Excursion" on page 17, and a write-up on page 14 of a Goodmans speaker that looks like a Duplex with two tweeters added? Anyone every see or heard these speakers before? Were they trying to copy Altec/horn in on Altec's turf (pun intended?)?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by voice of the theater View Post
    I like that the website is searchable. I did a search for "Dynaco" and one of the results that came up was the June 1959 issue of Hi-Fi/Stereo Review that has the Dynaco Stereo 70 in it. While browsing through this issue, I found a cool ad for the "New Altec 605A Duplex Speaker With Controlled Linear Excursion" on page 17, and a write-up on page 14 of a Goodmans speaker that looks like a Duplex with two tweeters added? Anyone every see or heard these speakers before? Were they trying to copy Altec/horn in on Altec's turf (pun intended?)?
    Forgot to mention the ad for the Heath Legato (Altec drivers of course) on page 29 of the same June 1959 issue of Hi-Fi/Stereo Review.
    PS The Dynaco ad was on page 30. Interesting that they were selling the Stereo 70 and recommending that you stack two of their mono preamps to use with the Stereo 70. Must be before they introduced their stereo pre-amps like the PAS series (which I used to own and love)....
    Being of "Sound" Mind

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for posting that.

I love browsing through the magazine ads. Interesting how HiFi marketing has evolved over the last 50-60 years. It looks like the best way to relax and listen in those days was with your gorgeous wife wearing her cocktail dress that she insisted buying after you laid out all that cash on the gear, while you kicked back in your suit and circle numbers on the reader service card
    Last edited by xinu; February 10th, 2017 at 06:46 PM.