Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Markwart 605 XO cap values

Yeah, that sounds right. I imagine whatever differences there are are pretty minute, and that I'm going to be enjoying the sound so much I'll forget all about what caps I used!

That's another thing that makes me hesitate about spending lots of money on new caps - how do I know where it's coming from, and that it doesn't just have a different label on it with the price jacked up? There can't be that many places making this stuff, unless of course someone does it all themselves in small batches. All more reason to just buy something that sounds nice and move on...

Should be putting together this speaker here in the next week or so, so I'll report back about how these Dielektrols work out!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

He, he, back when boutique cables became the rage I use to do a dog n' pony act 'swapping out' pairs of interconnect cables with them blindfolded, but all I was doing was taking out the cheap pair, coating them with a proprietary 'space age' paste that cleaned, lubricated and sealed them and rotating them back n' forth during reinstallation, which definitely did sound better, especially with higher efficiency speakers, so of course they believed it was the boutique pair.

The truly weird part was that even after exposing the ruse, quite a few still bought the boutique ones after a blindfold test with the doped el cheapo ones that I later showed they only sounded different due to having little R-C [baffle step compensation] filters wired in-line!

Go figure! Any sane person would use the el cheapo and add an adjustable BSC filter to truly dial it into the room, etc., instead of having to swap out expensive cables.

BTW, the goop was a vaseline and hydraulic fluid blend specially formulated for NASA. No clue WRT the rest of its details or what it was developed for, but I've long since used up what little was left in the can I found in the chemicals recycle bin trying to 'clone' it and sure could have used it the other day to restore all my ancient cables.

In short, just as real estate is mostly all about location, location, location, so too electrical distribution is mostly about connection, connection, connection.

GM
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LowOhms View Post
    The mushy oils smooth-out all their implementation's imperfections.

Some people love driving Ferraris and perhaps - even driving the new Ford GT. Others, ( good people BTW !! ), are destined to drive Chryslers, more drive Chryslers.

Low Ohms ..... Jeff Medwin
    Jeff I use oil caps for the simple reason that they sound very good for the price. Would love to try the high end stuff but way beyond my audio budget, replacing all the oil caps in my A7 XOs with DynamiCaps would cost me $1508 American dollars! More for my Markwart 604 XOs.
    That type of money is reserved for my bikes and acoustic guitars

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Basplin View Post
    I will say that I've got pretty good ears. I'm a professional orchestral musician and my job is literally all about dissecting the small, minute, differences in sound. This isn't to say I'm not biased like anybody else, because I'm sure I am in some way, but to my ears, there was quite a noticeable different with these caps on these speakers. It's nice to finally know what everyone is talking about with these PIO caps, and with only one point of reference so far, I have to agree!
    Good to see another musician recognizing the virtues of PIO caps👍🏻
    JE🎻😊

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123