Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

gm when you wake up....

Here's what I'm thinking and I already ordered the wood. The original h-110 horn flair stood up, 15 degree sides, 54" height . 48" horn with a port on the bottom for tuning. So whata think ?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: gm when you wake up....

Oh... you have already ordered the wood ! That means its happening. I have a great liking for this model. But not much feedback is available about its performance. I did a lot of research, but the return was very little. However the H110 or A6 (original name) was fitted with a 604x driver, and was a better and costlier alternative for classy scenarios. If this project goes ahead then I sure am going for a set. After disposing off my A7-500 (clones) I am kind of missing the horn based sound.

Do you have the plans ? I couldn't find one. Our forum member ABG had one box, and he took the pain (the box was in storage at a far off place) of taking some rough measurements and had posted them. If you have any other data, pls post them.
    Last edited by aditya; June 28th, 2017 at 08:45 AM.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Aditya, I'll be building mine for a single 15. Times three for the front channels. The particle board came in today but I'm unsure when I'll get to cutting. The design is mine with the final details to be worked out. I worked in horn flairs today. The 210,815 and 828 are all different. The 815 might be the right candidate just a wee bit longer. I'll post pix and plans once I get rolling. I'n hoping for a 80hz horn.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LOUDER View Post
    Here's what I'm thinking and I already ordered the wood. The original h-110 horn flair stood up, 15 degree sides, 54" height . 48" horn with a port on the bottom for tuning. So whata think ?
    'Stood up' ??? I think no self respecting DIYer 'cripple' one's self with any horn that has parallel walls........ or is this the 15 deg part?

Having owned both A7, A4 systems, not a big fan of compound horns ever since I learned about active XOs to allow multi-amping, compression loading the horns, separate sub systems at low XO points, but obviously, plenty still do, so see no reason why a low tuned H110 with an A7's flare construction shouldn't be a step up from it.

GM
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Yes GM, nonparallel sides @ 15 * each . 30* wedge cabinet 54 " tall, 48" horn 35 1/2 deep and 32 1/2 wide at mouth for a single 15. Will i get my "truncated 80 hz horn ?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

Hmm, just quickly truncating a classic 30 Hz WE expo FLH loaded with a GPA 515-8G in Hornresp yields 80 Hz/f6 with the ideal sealed rear chamber for best overall performance or ~100 L tuned to ~50 Hz to get near enough flat to 80 Hz with a ~108.2 Hz flare frequency.

Note that since the 35.5" depth was for the H110, I made the horn 25.5" deep, so same 10" gap as the 825, etc., ditto same driver cutout, so same baffle board throat area and the included angle is what it is.

GM
    Last edited by GM; July 2nd, 2017 at 10:37 PM.
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Thank you sir, Great Monfort ! ( Have you been knighted ? ) (If not, I'll request a "sitting with the Queen".)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

You're welcome!

Thank David McBean for providing such a powerful horn designer for free! It now can do DSL Synergy [3] ways! Tom's got to love that! [not].

GM

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

Whatever happened to this project?

Anyway, UPDATE:

FWIW, there's now plans for the H110 posted on FaceBook w/associated links: Page Not Found | Facebook

curieuses enceintes WE- IPC- ALTEC-A5 H110 DIY

curieuses enceintes WE- IPC- ALTEC-A5 H110 DIY

Direct pdf download link: http://forums.melaudia.net/attachment.php?aid=6487

GM