Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Altec Full Line 1976 Catalog with Prices

Opinion is only as valid as its verifiable supporting evidence.

Senior Hostboard Member magnarc's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Altec Full Line 1976 Catalog with Prices

Thanks mah. That one I did not have.

Senior Hostboard Member Elitopus1's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Very cool. Wish I owned more of their horns from that year. I need to start hoarding more.

I do see my 604G and 616A are available for 1976

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

For those not familiar with Altecs' price list structure: There were several types of franchises of interest to this board, including Musical Sound (MI), Pro Audio
    Dealer (PAD), and Commercial Sound Contractor (CEB for Commercial Educational Broadcast). Hi-Fi was run as a separate Consumer Products Division IIRC.

The products available to the different types of dealers varied, but were supposed to be the same on each price list they appeared on. Look at the 9440A on the above GSA price list. The dealer price at that time was $666.00. The "Industrial Net" and "Pro Net" price was $999.00. "List Price" was $1332.00.
    This pricing formula can be used for most products. List price is twice dealer price, and Net Price is 50% more than dealer price.

MI price lists did not show a net price, and PAD lists did not show a list price. University Sound items such as microphone stands and adapters did not use this pricing formula. There were NAMM Show discounts available to CEB, PAD, and MI dealers for the MI products And some items, such as low frequency and ceiling speakers, had quantity discounts on the dealer price lists (typically 10% for 12 or more).

Quantities of Altecs' GSA catalogs were delivered to CEB contractors that agreed to distribute them to federal agencies in their area. (I'm 99.44% sure I
    delivered the above catalog to M & S Sound.) The agencies would order them from the dealers at the Industrial Net price. The Altec CEB would then deliver the items and provide service as required.