Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
To me it makes no sense to continue the conversation beyond here. So this is my last post on this.

My point is they do sell stuff. Mostly low end.

They used to sell Altec spares. They stopped.

They used to have Altec lit on their site for Altec users. They took it down.

So in my opinion they stopped supporting Altec. The last list I saw, all they were using was a few Altec HF drivers. It's customary for production companies to post their equipment list.

If they ever get the site back up I would love to be proved wrong.
OK.....so we'll agree to disagree & this will be my last post with regard to defending them.

My point is they do sell stuff. Mostly low end. - They fact that they sell stuff is irrelevant.

They used to sell Altec spares. They stopped. - So what.

They used to have Altec lit on their site for Altec users. They took it down. - again, so what.

So in my opinion they stopped supporting Altec. - you're entitled to your opinion. The last list I saw, all they were using was a few Altec HF drivers. It's customary for production companies to post their equipment list. - Their "equipment list" has nothing to do with the equipment they use for their live sound gigs.

If they ever get the site back up I would love to be proved wrong. - so your expectation for a company to receive your approval is to stock, sell, & repair vintage Altec equipment.

Obviously, a PA rig comprising multiple GPA 399's with multicells & multiple 515 bass cabs has no credence for you.

I just don't understand why anyone would want to run a company down when they obviously support a great bygone era of speakers. Here in Australia they are the only company who believe in the great sound of the vintage Altec gear, so we have to cut them a bit of slack & applaud them for their belief in those products.

Nuff said.