Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ain't that the truth! My memories of '60s gear actually formed in the '70s, when I was scrounging through the castoffs from those that bought new Altecs and JBLs. The ~10 year delay for new things to reach the Missouri farm country contributed to that too.

Oddly enough, getting lucky is where my memory fails. I seem to remember it like you said, casual and common, but it's all pretty fuzzy.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

Hmm, I can't see it well enough, but assumed it says 'Chicago' since that's where Jensen Manufacturing was.

Senior Hostboard Member
    OT: Jensen DL220 Spec sheet

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Ya know- that's weird- I found a set on another site that for sure had cast frames- wonder if those are Chinese repops?

My monitor is dying the Made in China wasn't legible till you pointed it out.

Senior Hostboard Member

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=130090436206

Look more like originals to anybody?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Doncha remember the short-lived flurry of plastic frames, oh, like around '65? Almost everyone tried it once I think. I've seen Utahs, Calrads, Lafayettes, etc. Don't remember any 15s, mostly 12s.

Senior Hostboard Member

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

I don't remember too much from the '60's and early '70's. Not because I'm old- I remembered very little back then.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Touche. Like they say, if you remember it you weren't there. I like to think you can remember being there, only it was really someplace else.

Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

I tried to remember 1965, just for the heck of it- if my grey matter is functioning I was a beginner at that point.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ahhhhhh the grand ole days! forums

I was in diapers........................ as an infant not a role playing perv.

STD meant standard.

Gay was just a happy little word.

TV had knobs and you left your seat to change the channel........................ if you got more than 1, or even had a TV.

About the only things that haven't changed, i still like breasts and long to be back in the womb.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Old Guy:
    ... apparently there was an American mad Alnico version of this speaker, possibly an American ceramic version, and the Chinese ceramic version- this is from a friend. So there are distinctly different units bearing the same name....
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yep. Here's an 8" DL series with a nearly identical label to the first link, less the 'Made in China';

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vint-Pair-JENSEN...QQcmdZViewItem

Junior Hostboard Member Topremodeler's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Jensen DL220 Spec sheet-found

I realize this thread is ancient, but I too was looking for information on Jensen DL-220 speakers as my Dad had a pair and was moving and couldn't take them with. I did find a set of instructions for building speaker enclosures for the Jensen DL-80, the DL-120 and THe DL-220. Although the chart showing the full spectrum of the speaker response was not in this pamphlet, they did provide some specs. The DL-220 had a 12" woofer, a mid range whizzer cone and a separate tweeter. The frequency range was 25-16,000 cps (Hz), resistance was 8 ohms and power capacity was 20 watts for integrated program material, 40 watts peak. The crossover frequency to the tweeter was 4 kc (4,000 Hz) and the tweeter had a separate volume control so you could control the brightness of the response. The pamphlet tells how to build a ducted enclosure for the speakers.

To the best of my recollection, these speakers were bought between 1965 and 1970. They were a high quality alternate to some of the best JBL speakers available at the time, performing nearly as well but at a lower price point. I just sold them after demonstrating them and they do sound pretty impressive. I've tried to upload a pdf of the pamphlet but that failed. It may be too large. Contact me if you need it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast