Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

((I am RPing as a 3rd Year Ravenclas named Jaclyn Peters. If people could RP as some of her 3rd-Year Friends, guys and girls, that would be really nice.))

Jaclyn hadn't had a meal this good since June. Ever since she had been at Hogwarts, her Muggle mother's food didn't taste nearly as good as the House-Elf cooking. But maybe that was part of the magic of the school.

Just as she was about to take a sip of her Pumpkin Juice, the enourmous doors of the Great Hall swung open, and, in surprise, Jacly spilled the orange liquid all over her new robes. She grunted, annoyed, but a very attractive 4th Year quickly cleaned it up with a tap of his wand.

This was Jaclyn's favorite part. She had only seen it once before, since as a First Year she was a part of it, but she was excited to see it nonetheless. First Years with scared and hesitant looks on their little faces poured in to the Great Hall, and all eyes turned to them, only greatening the anxiety. Jaclyn smiled at a scrawny red-head who passed right by her, staring nervously at her feet.

The First Years piled into an unorganized line and the marvelous Sorting Hat was brought out. Jaclyn marveled at its... well, there wasn't really anything to marvel at. It was simply a tattered old Hat. But Jaclyn marveled at it anyway.

The name of the red-headed First Year was called out first. Henrietta Aarons proceeded to the stool and had the Hat placed upon her head. The whole room was silent, until...

"RAVENCLAW!!"

Jaclyn shouted and clapped with her fellow Ravenclaws as little Henrietta nervously walked to the table.

"She'll be a nice addition to the House." Jaclyn said jokingly to the person sitting next to her.

Inactive Member xx_midnightdreamz's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

((Yeah, I'm RPing with myself. I'll try to develop the story a little more so someone might reply [img]smile.gif[/img] ))

Jaclyn forced herself to laugh at her stupid joke. The person next to her obviously hadn't heard it, nor had they even noticed she was sitting next to them. They seemed very much into the conversation they were having with someone else.

Jaclyn looked up and down the Ravenclaw table. Hadn't her and her friends sat in this exact spot of the Table since their first day at Hogwarts? She wondered where they were, and why she hadn't seen them yet.

She sighed. Maybe she would have to perform their First-Meal-Of-The-Month ritual herself.

Looking around the Great Hall, Jaclyn kept her eyes peeled for guys. She knew it was a cheesy ritual, but somehow her and her friends believed that the nerdy boys would someday transform into not-nerdy boys. It was a stretch to do it every month, but she hadn't seen anyone since June. Maybe some of the kids that were scrawny last year had gained some muscle. Maybe some of the guys that were shorter than her last year were tall enough to be Basketball Stars.

Like anyone here knows what Basketball is, Jaclyn quickly reminded herself. Sometimes it was hard remembering she wasn't in the Muggle World anymore.

"SLYTHERIN!!!" The Sorting Hat screamed, and it made Jaclyn jump. The line of First Years was much shorter than it had been. Had she really been daydreaming for that long?

Jaclyn turned her head back towards the Ravenclaws sitting across from her, and the sight she saw immediately made her smile.

((Could be a friend that she hasn't seen yet, or anything else.))

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Terina slowly walked up to the sorting hat as her name was called, and sat on the stall, waiting for the hat to be placed on her head...After what seemed like hours it was, although really it was only a few seconds, and then the hat seemed to start saying something, before pausing...But then he bellowed out

"RAVENCLAW"

Terina dashed off to the Ravenclaw table, sitting down next to people she didn't know, well, really she didn't know anyone here...She had no friends to speak of.

Terina is a short girl, short and thin, standing at 5'2, with a catlike stance and sinewy muscles, she was quite strong and agile. Smart, with a love of learning and books, and kind-hearted, if a little bit...bossy.

Inactive Member destiny_awaits_me's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

((Hey, could I join as two characters? I hope you don't mind......I haven't rped HP before, but here goes. I think I'll rp as a frist year and a third year.))

Next a short girl named Alyssa sat on the stool, still warm from the number of witches and wizards that had previously sat on it. The girl nervously waited for Professor Mcgonagall (sp?) to place the sorting hat on her head. Finally she did. Almost at once, it called out "RAVENCLAW!!"

Alyssa had yet to make friends with other witches and wizards, so she hesitantly sat across from Terina, with Jaclyn and another third year on either side of her.

"Hi," she said with a gulp to Richard, the third year on her left, trying to make a conversation.

Richard, meanwhile, had been deeply conversing with two other third years, his "posse (sp?)." By most of the girls he and his friends were considered stupid and annoying, and to be avioded by all means, but no one had mentioned that to little Alyssa.

"Shut it, squirt, can't you see I'm busy?" Richard snapped at the first year, then went back to gossiping with his friends.

Alyssa stared broken-hearted in his direction for a few moments, then broke into sobs, not caring who was wtaching. She hated Hogwarts, she hated wizards, she hated all of this stupid junk. Everyone was mean and cold hearted, they obviously didn't want her here. She covered her face with her sleeve, wetting her new robe. She had made her choice, she was going to leave this place, and no one would care. No one would object. Or so she thought.......