Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ray Rays new car to be!!!!!!

Ray Ray

1) i havent touched my pic if you notice its still there

2) your pics are there

3) ... i admit your car is nice .. typical american style .. them wheels are shit though .. never was into the chrome ... look more like a hub cap ...

but as usual you have to do so much work to them (like you have) to make them do anythin ... they dont go round corners ... cause you just lose the ass end ... they start out with a high output .. but like most american cars ... never move! .. is that why you modified it so much? ...

but im a man who will give respect where its due .. you have created a nice motor ... it took over a year to make ...

an you right races sure do carry on past 60 ... but the quicker it gets to 60 .. the quicker its gonna gain over all .. but the thing you lot dont understand .. is CORNERS!! ... none of your cars go round em ... you put all this power under the bonnet .. but never set the cars up to get round a corner ...

this is just assumption ... cause i dont

A) know anythin about your car
    B) Know what its called

what sort is it ..

respect to the car .. but the drivers still a fag

Ray Ray

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Comic Sans MS">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#000000"><font size=2 face="Comic Sans MS">

by JC

Ray Ray, if you are into imports, and not domestics, and like that nissan, then go for it, it could be a force if you were to invest in a bigger turbo and/or innercooler for it. Yeah my car has 502hp and 480fp's of torque at the wheels, and only a V8 can offer that kind of power and torque with minimal investment and a few mods, but it weighs 3300 some pounds. If you took that nissan, dropped a bigger turbo and cooler on it, and ran say.......
    19-21 pounds of boost,you'd be making around 280-300HP at the wheels, and in that car which weighs probably somewhere around...2200 pounds, that would be more then enough power to run a comfortable 12 second 1/4 ET. you're probably lookin at about $4000-$5000 to do those mods, "including more durable internals so you don't blow up your motor runnin all that boost [img]smile.gif[/img] " So if imports are your thing, then go for it i guess...[/QB]</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

Turbos an intercoolers are big money arnt they? .. if i could run the boost at 22 that should produce around 340bhp plus .. an should reduce 0 - 60(mph) to low 4's ... ... but then i would be gettin major understeer an over steer problems ... i would have to start messin with suspension an tyre width .. its 4 wheel drive so it should be able to handle any back end action that gets thrown at it with its standard 20T engine ... but puttin the boost up to 340 + ... how do you compensate power to wieght ratio for that? .. the things ass end'l be slidin all over the show wont it? ...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sup, sorry about sayin you removed my pictures, somethin musta been wrong with my browser.
    Anyway, you said "respect for the car, but the driver is still a fag.." I'll let that one go and laugh it off because i was rude in my first post in this thread. Now about your Nissan handeling 340bhp and getting around P/W comp. and oversteer..First thing to do to that when it reaches that BHP, is stiffin the frame, the tighter and more stable the frame, the better the car will ride, perform, and plant it's power to the ground. Start with a roll cage, and make sure it's a fully welded 1, "none of that bolt in crap" then get little things like:sub-frame conn., an FSTB, the best shocks you can find for your car,
    a tuned TC "probably 2400 or a 3200 would be best considering your engines ability to rev high", and
    then some full crossmembers"if available for your car". After all that, if you still aren't happy with how it acts when driven hard, take it to a perf. shop for a custom suspension job of some kind and some tuning for the PCM. 340BHP in that little light-ass nissan WITH TRACTION and a solid frame would = 1 fast corner carver.
    In the end as far as cars goes, it's all in what you want in a car. For you, handeling and cornering "rally-type racing" seems to be important to you as far as your interest, so with that said, that nissan should make you happy. For me however, I LOVE drag/street racing, "street racing more then drag, shhhh!" Monster torque, straightline acceleration, and rear axel snapping thrust are my passion when it comes to cars, not to mention the deep-toned roar that only comes out the tailpipes of a V8. So my car makes me happy for what i want in a car. "Since i got my nitrous dry kit, i've fallen in love with the whole purging thing at the staging lanes of drag racing, it looks like my car is snorting smoke, kinda like blazeys little picture of that red demon."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh, and if you wanna know a bit more about the line up of F-BODY american muscle cars like mine, check out this video, it'll show you all the different F-CARS, like the Chevy Camaro SS, Z28, Pontiac Firebird Formula, the Trans Am, and even a Mustang here and there. It will also show you how we do it over here in the USA, and what most of us here like to spend our time in our cars doing [img]smile.gif[/img] It's a 40MB movie file, but trust me, it's well worth downloading and watching.
    ***Note*** "If the link doesn't work when you simply left click on it, then right click and choose
    "save target as" or "save link as" depending on your browser type...

http://www.afrashteh.com/FbodyHavoc.wmv

Enjoy [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Ray Ray

cool we might turn out to be friends after all eh ... il scope that clip later an tell ya what i think .. im at work at the min an my boss will cry at me if i check it out now ... an i wouldnt want to sack him now would i??

that list you said about upgradin suspension ... thats gonna be loadsa money ... be a long time before i could even think of gettin that lot on it ... but it would be cool .. the whole idea for me IS takin it to the limit goin round a corner an ya passengers shittin emselves ... or oncomin traffic just get a nice view of a car slidin round a corner sideways under controll *L... some people will probably think its sad ... an to those .. you can all eat a .... cause i have fun

what does that do the 1/4 mile in? .. (if you do the 1/4 mile time over there)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It ran a best of 10.86 w/1.92 60' using nitrous and bfg DR's. On street tires using nitrous, it ran best of 10.98 w/2.21 60' "i hated the goodyear eagle f-1's, damn street tires don't hook at all on the strip [img]frown.gif[/img] " N/A without using nitrous, it ran a 11.87 on bfg DR's w/ 1.94 60', and on the shitty street F-1 tires while not using nitrous, it ran a 12.04 w/ 2.23 60'......
    After i get the nitrous system setup for direct port injection, that will change everything, and i should see a 10.2 or 10.3 outta the car on DR's, of course i will have to get a 12 bolt rear end also when i get to that point, no way the 10 bolt will put up with a hooked launch with that kind of torque output, to be honest, i'm surprised it's held up to this point..

Ray Ray

once you get ya nirtous sorted ... take it down the strip an record it .. i wouldnt mind chekin that out too

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*sings*......Okay.....so you've gotta car....that don't impress me much....*grins*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My Car Sucks....i got defects the other day*P* [img]confused.gif[/img] could,nt even con the cop....bugger

Ray Ray

shush macy .. you still owe me for not bringin me back somethin nice from your holiday! .. [img]smile.gif[/img]

if you hada faster car Souly you coulda wasted em [img]wink.gif[/img]

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast