Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok, so we have seen and experienced the shortcomings of medicine and certain physicians first hand. I can remember a time not that long ago where doctors were only interested in making a person better, and expended alot of energy for that purpose regardless of the amount of money a person had to give. Now not only are doctors becoming more greedy, but instead of treating a condition right, they are more apt to treat the way that is more socially acceptable which isn't right at all.

When someone is pregnant and in pain, the body releases chemicals which are toxic to the body (or even not during pregnancy as well). This is why doctors and naturopathic doctors are pushing a lower stress way of living. One of the worst, most debilitating, and unfortunately the most common form of pain during the pregnancy is migraines. Usually they use imitrex or something similar for pain management. Of course, Kristin just happens to be allergic to those along with a whole slug of others they would normally use. This leaves her in a predicament. She sees the neurologist who is very good, but he is the only one in the whole county and is quite busy. The preventative hasn't reached it's full potential yet to a level where it is effective. That leaves her having to go to the ER for a shot of something to kill the pain usually a narcotic.

Most narcotics have been evaluated to be safe during pregnancy with the exception that every one of them are highly addictive and can cause re-bound seizures if used constantly for chronic migraine pain management. She has had so many migraines that the doctors have started refusing future pain treatment without the use of a pain contract. Here is the thing that concerns me though. If she is on a pain contract, are they going to deny her narcotics after a cesarean? That would be cruel and unusual punishment in my book. I truely wish the druggies and the sue happy people who created this situation for others would just dissapear, and leave us normal people alone... [img]mad.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The bad thing is that the OBGYN I had been going to had me on an anti depressant for my anxiety. Come to find out...the most common side effect of that particular medication is headaches. Combine that with the migraine preventative which there is a possible moderate drug interaction with and there you have the trigger for these recent severe migraines and the frequency. Okay...so I call my neurologist up to find out what to do and told them about the problem of the migraines being an every other day problem and the doctors not wanting to treat me and was basically told to stick it out for another week since I had an appointment. I think my preventative reached a high enough dose to interact with the antidepressant and now I have a hell of a mess. But what is going to happen when I go to have the baby and if I have to have a cesarean? Are they going to deny me medication and make me suffer which if I am upset the baby will be upset. Or will they waive that? It is getting really tiring trying to get help from the doctors when all they do is pass me back and forth to one another and ultimately send me to the ER for treatment yet don't back it up with a letter stating they have sent me there in the first place. [img]mad.gif[/img]

I really hope once the baby is born I won't have to be on anything anymore. I had gotten to where I didn't need any medication before I got pregnant and the migraines and high blood pressure started back up 6 to 8 weeks into the pregnancy. I am really hoping that my body just goes back to the way it was before where I didn't have to take any medication for anything.