Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Deb, I remember reading this..i had such hopes of a miracle for him..He was a strong man..knowing he was at peace with his life is something rare and wonderful..i can only hope when my time comes that i will have the same outlook as he..what an inspiration..*sends you a hug..cuz i know you need it*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

all i got to say is "YES, THERES IS SOMEONE BELOW ME NOW!"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There's...someone...below you?..*scratches her head*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

BT!..i dont think this was the thread for that..deb he meant a board below his..not sure why he put that on here tho..*flicks him on the head*..*L

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Deb!

My condolences to you and you're family.

Flick's BT in the head to *S Hey this could become a trend *L [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

I had the pleasure of enjoying Ernie's company at that cornroast last summer. He was funny, he was witty and as Deb said..he tried really hard to be jovial and positive in a bad situation
    I'm a nurse, and have spent countless hours with critically ill and palliative patients. I also have and extensive family history of death from cancer, including my own mother from terminal brain cancer.
    I admired Ernie's courage, and his attempts to make those around him comfortable with his illness....even when he joked that he'd never had sex and maybe i should allow him that opportunity before he dies...i think he hit on my sister with the same line not 5 minutes after i declined *L*
    When Deb told me about his death, i felt very sad...i didn't know this young man very well...having only met him that once...but i felt sad for the fact that such a bright light in such a young man had extinguished and i felt sad for all those whom he touched!

Ernie is in a better place now..free from illness and the struggles of his life...and i'm sure he's up there, cracking his jokes and trying that wicked sense of humor on others in the same place....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*wakes up from thunks*
    what was that?
    sure wish they had a middle finger than a thimbs up an thumbs down. [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Some time ago, I wrote on Genie's board, about a spiritually moving experience that i'd had..with a young cousin of my husband.
    I couldn't find Genie's board again...to bring that post forward for all of you to read..However, it went something like this...

My husbands family has a corn roast every year..this year..I invited lily and her sister to come with me...it's usually a fun time. My husbands cousin was there (they were raised together) You see, this young man, had just had recent surgeries, to attempt the removal of 2 brain tumors. He was cracking jokes, about his new haircut, and the fact that people were smoking around him, and he might get cancer...In fact..he tried so hard to impress..that he became almost annoying..

The spiritual experience..came later that evening..when His sister..and Mother..told him, it was time for him to leave. He spent some time confiding in me..things..that he probably couldn't tell anyone else, but still keeping his true feelings of what was going on in his mind to himself.

You see, he told me..that he had a strong belief in God, having been raised Catholic. He said, that he was at peace with what was going on inside of him..and although..he had some struggles..he knew he was going to be ok.
    I hugged him...and whispered quietly to him..that if he ever wanted to talk..or to just hang out for a coffee..to give me a call...He smiled..and as he walked away..he looked back..and said..Hey Deb..thanks..but if I don't call..don't be offended..ok?

Today, I attended this young man's funeral...with the knowledge..that he was home..and that same feeling of inner peace came over me..as his nieces/nephews and brother...took turns..saying their fairwell

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

*softly wipes my tears*...I too remember readin this...God has his plans for us...guess he had another special task he wanted your husband's cousin to attend to now*hugs deb...* Send hugs to hubby for me too please

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Thanks everyone..for your thoughtfulness..*S*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast