Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

...to carry my camera everywhere I go. Today alone I ran into several photo opportunities where I really wish I had my camera. The main things that I find are misspelled (sp?) signs.

If I'm going to put forth the effot to make a sign for everyone to read, i'm going to make sure it is spelled correctly.

The two that stick out in my mind the most were two signs on the way back home from cristi's aunt's house. The first looked like it had been made by a younger child, but had received help from a parent. the sign read, and i quote "X-MASS PUPPIES". Obviously, the sign was to read "X-MAS PUPPIES"....unless there is another meaning to "X-MASS" that I don't know about. The other was at a gas station, it was a bud light banner i believe and at the top of the banner it read "WELCOME HUNTER'S". My question is, what is up with the apostrophe, in no way does that sign show ownership. I know they are a bit picky; but, it is just the principle that these are two easily correctable problems. The 2nd one really gets me though, because that is a sign that was printed by a large corporation....it's just sad.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

the sign read, and i quote "X-MASS PUPPIES".
    <font size="4" face="Comic Sans MS, Verdana">*LMAO* Now THAT'S funny! I'm sorry, it's just to me, that's funny as shit! That was good, thanks Gravy!

<font color="#990000" size="1">[ November 30, 2004 01:20 PM: Message edited by: Genie_thegiggler ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

if that is the case, and bud light didn't put anything on it, then it is not quite as funny/annoying. even still, the fact that more than one person went into the design process of the banner, surely someone should have caught the error before it was too late.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes next to the pizza shop there is a gift-ware shop (gay) which has a similar imporoper apostraphe. Our town is called Cockatoo. The shop is called the Treasure Cove. The signs (all of them) read Cockatoos' Treasure Cove. Poofs.

Here's a peculiar chalk-board sign I saw early October when we were looking for a car for Adam.

sushi

And here is something that was published in a national newspaper, The Herald Sun, on August 22nd.

Image006

And one more, not quite as good as the other two because it's just a typo in a supermarket, but still... Word up to Jordox for this photo, too. December 9 '03.

crackrs

Thank you, Gravy Train, for making this thread. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I doubt Bud Light had anything to do with it...they just give the banners out to people for promotional purposes...it is up to the vendor to put whatever they wish on it...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

you are quite welcome, now i just need to actually use the camera that i now keep in my truck. i haven't had any times when i could use it yet, but i just know i'm going to forget that I have it with me.

Inactive Member admaniacameroneil's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

Maybe they were selling 'mass puppies' that were cross bred? EVER THINK OF THAT GT!?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

it finally paid off, i found a sign and took a picture of it, now i just have to remember to transfer from the camera to the computer....that will come in the next couple of days....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Shit man, can't you just go do it now? How long does it take?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by adman:
    Maybe they were selling 'mass puppies' that were cross bred? EVER THINK OF THAT GT!?
    <font size="4" face="Comic Sans MS, Verdana">maybe the puppies were once catholic

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast