Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Once again, it is march, and NCAA basketball is still being played, that can only mean that the end of the year tournament is upon us. Granted, no one who reads this board, is interested in the tournament, but for traditions sake, this post will be made.

The rules this year can be found at March Madness 2006 Home Page.

Inactive Member admaniacameroneil's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How much is it? n what do we have to do to be in it?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

looks like someone didn't read the rules [img]wink.gif[/img] , just kidding.

actually, it is a cost of 5 dollars US per bracket. And you simply fill out a bracket, similar to this

Although, this year, the teams will be different, with different rankings and what not. After every game, if you pick the correct winner, you get points. The closer to the championship game, the more points you get for picking the correct winner. Obviously, after the championship game, the person who has accumulated the most points, wins the most money. The top 3 get paid out at 60%, 30% and 10% of the total money collected.

I'm going to try to setup an online registration form before it happens this year, in which case anyone (including aussies) can fill out a bracket. The way I've always done it in the past is that anyone can give me a bracket with money or not, if i don't get money, that bracket isn't eligible for prize money, but you can still fight for bragging rights. Of course, this is all completely illegal (gambling isn't allowed in Arkansas), and there's some rule I think about not gambling on collegiate basketball outside of Las Vegas (don't know the exacts of it).

anyway, I think that covers most everything. You can read the rules on the webiste, here <--Link

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I had a dream that you replied to this thread saying that entries had closed and you hadn't received ANY forms. Not even from your real-life contestants. In fact, even you hadn't gotten around to filling out the form.

Weird dream but don't forget to fill out your shit on time.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I guess I really should check HB more often. I didn't even realize I had a reply.

In summary of this year's Pool, the winner will get 100 dollars, 2nd gets 50, and 3rd place gets 15. Because of all the upsets, and George Mason being in the Final Four, the top 3 finishers have already been determined. 2nd and 3rd place will be finalized by a tiebreaker based on the number of total points in the championship game.

in closing....GO GEORGE MASON!!!!!!