Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by GravyTrain:
    well, i have taken 4 naporsens (sp?) and 1 very strong pain killer....so i feel pretty good

the test will be how i handle tonight's sleep...tomorrow during the day i will be sitting in a chair all day, and i still have to load and unload my 19" monitor and my tower tomorrow...twice...

then i have the 3 hour drive to fayetteville, a nice night's sleep on a couch, and then a 6-7 hour drive to kansas city to look forward to in the next couple of days....that will be the true test to see how my back holds up....i'm not looking forward to it.
    <font size="4" face="Comic Sans MS, Verdana">I don't believe in numbing physical pain unless one is on a surgical table or in a hospital bed.
    numbing the pain just allows one to keep doing the thing that caused the problem in the first place.

Be careful with your back. If you drive a lot and have a pick up truck, that can lead to back pain that eventually leads to surgery.

If you have a "relax the back" store near you. check out their "sacro-ease". Here's the info,
    "sacro-ease" 3329 industrial ave, coeur d'alene, Idaho, 83814. 800-635-3557 or 208-765-8408.

The idea is to avoid back surgery at all costs, so don't think you can outmuscle back pain.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Alex...thank you for your concern i think.

I must ask though, how did you come across a thread that was 3 years old?

As for my back, and my experience with back pain, my mother was in a car accident many years ago and it caused one of her disks to slip, she tried treating it with physical therapy, but eventually, it ruptured anyways. she continued with PT, and it eventually led to surgery. she tried everything possible before going down that road. I know alot more about back pain than you might give me credit for.

as for taking pain killers to numb the pain, i'm not sure I agree with you. for those that are going to take pain killers and then go to the gym and work out, yea, that's pretty stupid, but for me, when I was taking them, I was taking them so I could at least get up and go to the bathroom.

with that said, i really would like to know how you came across this thread.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's really quite lame how I came across the topic. (hey, I made a punny).

For some reason, when people come to my forum, they NEVER reveal their names, perhaps one in 20 do.

So, since I don't even know who is visiting, I'll go to "who's online". When I do that, I can at least see what topic they are looking at.

This helps me in two ways, it lets me see what people find interesting, and it gives me a chance to randomly review older topics to see if they require updating.

Well, while I am on "Who's Online", I also get to see what other people are viewing as well, and many times there is an interesting topic thread title that pops up.

So, not only was I looking at this very topic, but SOMEBODY ELSE WAS as well, moooowahhahaha...
    and they were looking at before me, otherwise I would have never seen it.

Who's online is the best way to skim all of Hostboard and see what other people are reading and if any of the topics might be of interest to yourself. But stay away from American Girl topics because if you have any sexual content on your forum, and your siggy has a link to your forum, they will ban you!

So, were you driving a pick-up when you posted about your back pain?

Inactive Member admaniacameroneil's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hahah way to bring up a 3 and a half year old thread alex, you knob.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So it's ok to LOOK at a three year old topic because someone else was already looking at it, but not reply to it?

knob.

<font color="#059085" size="1">[ March 16, 2006 06:36 PM: Message edited by: Alex ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'd say you owe GravyTrain three years worth of medical reimbursement for not giving him the information sooner.

-edit

oh yeah:

knob.

<font color="#059085" size="1">[ March 17, 2006 07:48 AM: Message edited by: KingBean ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Although you all know I might have an opinion on most anything, or as I learned a long time ago, "it doesn't hurt to ask".

Well, it's not supposed to hurt to ask, although sometimes on the internet the opposite seems true.

bonk.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12