Hello everyone! I am new here and hoping you can help me settle a disagreement I have with my husband and mother-in-law about Mother's Day. I have been married to my husband for eight years, and we have a four-year-old daughter together. My mother-in-law (who lives approximately four miles from us) and sees us all regularly requests to spend Mother's Day with us each year. She told my husband some time ago the two things she would prefer to do on Mother's Day (either go to a local zoo with us or to a local baseball game). She said, "I would either like to go to ... or to ..." My husband thinks it is acceptable and the right thing to do, to spend time with her doing what she would like to do. I do now have a good relationship with my own mother. Admittedly, I hadn't always, even until the last couple of years. But we have worked things out and are getting along very well lately. My mom is willing to accept whatever acknowledgement she gets on Mother's Day. However, if we celebrate with one mother, I definitely think we should with both in some way, as does my husband. My husband says that he wants to make me happy too, but feels stuck in the middle between me and his mom, and is trying to make everyone happy. I had suggested going to an amusement park for the day, just with him and our daughter, but he said that in no way will be do that (because of his mom). My thought is that I don't feel acknowledged as a mother (I am a stay-at-home mother), and feel sad that my mother-in-law keeps trying to make Mother's Day exclusively about her, and not respecting the fact that I am a new mother, and even taking into consideration what I might like to do, or might even want to do something with my own mother. I will be 38 years old in a month, so it shouldn't be an issue of age. We had and have a very good relationship, but since becoming a mother, I feel... I don't even know how to describe it... just like I am being forced to have to create our own family unit, and stake my claim as female head of the household here and mother of our daughter. I know, it probably makes no sense, and I am sure she has no intenions of causing problems. Unfortunately though, she is causing problems unintentionally. Even though I am made to feel that I am the one causing the problems. I sometimes even wonder if I am being too sensitive. It is a very touchy situation with my husband and, the way I see it, I have only two choices, either take a stand and say that I want preference on Mother's Day, then I upset my husband and mother-in-law, or just accept whatever she wants to do, keep it her day, and then I get upset and feel unacknowledged. Any advice? Please help!