Issue: Cannot obtain new password, or register as a new user

1. issueid=123 April 1st, 2023 12:50 PM
    suffolkdriver
    Cannot obtain new password, or register as a new user
    I have tried to rest password, and register as a new user, never receive email from site

I have tried to reset my password for my existing username and go through the process reaching the stage where I am told to check my email account for the new password. I never receive any email (and I have checked my spam folders). Out of frustration I tried to register as a new user, using a different email account and username. The same thing happens, I go through the process and am told to look for an email from the site, and no email is ever received. Yurilosbolover spoke to pne of the moderators and they told him to have me submit a help desk request. My username on the site is suffolkdriver. My email is [email protected]
    This issue is closed. No more replies may be made.
Issue Details
Issue Number 123
Issue Type Report a Bug
Project Help Desk
Status Fixed
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users Team Hostboard
Tags Login Issue

1. April 2nd, 2023 09:59 AM
    Site Administrator
    Hi,

I searched the backend and there is no registered user as "suffolkdriver". I then searched for "suffolk" and the search results came back with the following IDs: suffolkboi, suffolkwrestler, and suffolkwrestling. I then searched for the email address you provided, and it shows as being linked to the ID: bigliguy with a registration date in 2016 and its last use login in 2021. Can you provide a link to the forum and or a previous post you might have made under this ID? I can easily manipulate (and have no problem) the backend if there is a crossing of the data (Create IDs, change IDs, email addresses, set pw, etc.) although I have never experienced it happening before then post back here after I test it for you.

2. April 2nd, 2023 03:43 PM
    suffolkdriver
    Hi, I am sorry as I had completely forgotten that was my user name. Would you please send a password reset link to the email associated with the user name you located. I appreciate your help and I apologize for the confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Hostboard
    Hi,

I searched the backend and there is no registered user as "suffolkdriver". I then searched for "suffolk" and the search results came back with the following IDs: suffolkboi, suffolkwrestler, and suffolkwrestling. I then searched for the email address you provided, and it shows as being linked to the ID: bigliguy with a registration date in 2016 and its last use login in 2021. Can you provide a link to the forum and or a previous post you might have made under this ID? I can easily manipulate (and have no problem) the backend if there is a crossing of the data (Create IDs, change IDs, email addresses, set pw, etc.) although I have never experienced it happening before then post back here after I test it for you.

3. April 2nd, 2023 06:58 PM
    Site Administrator
    No problem at all. If you do not see the email, check the SPAM/Junk folders and or let me know and I can reset directly then email you directly.

4. April 15th, 2023 05:54 PM
    Suffolkdriver
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Hostboard
    No problem at all. If you do not see the email, check the SPAM/Junk folders and or let me know and I can reset directly then email you directly.

Hi, I am sorry I was dealing with a family problem. I have checked the spam and junk email folders and nothing arrived from this site. In all my prior attempts at obtaini9ng a new password or registering a new user name I have not received emails from the site.

5. April 16th, 2023 10:14 AM
    Site Administrator
    Hi,

Sent you an email from my GMail account.

6. April 17th, 2023 04:47 PM
    Site Administrator
    Issue has been resolved.

Closed