Is anyone running a Type 46 SET on their ALTECs, 604 / VOTT?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 24 of 24

Thread: Is anyone running a Type 46 SET on their ALTECs, 604 / VOTT?

  1. #21
    Hostboard Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Southern new jersey
    Posts
    70
    Credits
    0

    Re: Is anyone running a Type 46 SET on their ALTECs, 604 / V

    Is anyone running a Type 46 SET on their ALTECs, 604 / VOTT?
    Well I run 300b's so it's not possible for me to try. I have JJ 300b's, I put alot of hours on them, but now they are back up for my KR 300b balloons.
    Not sure about regular models but in past I had EML xlr's and KR xlr's in my house at the same time, among 4 other brands and I hands down chose the KR's.
    But 2a3, and 45 have always been on my list to try.

  2. #22
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Warrensburg, MO
    Posts
    272
    Credits
    0

    Re: Is anyone running a Type 46 SET on their ALTECs, 604 / V

    Quote Originally Posted by Petro View Post
    Well I run 300b's so it's not possible for me to try. I have JJ 300b's, I put alot of hours on them, but now they are back up for my KR 300b balloons.
    Not sure about regular models but in past I had EML xlr's and KR xlr's in my house at the same time, among 4 other brands and I hands down chose the KR's.
    But 2a3, and 45 have always been on my list to try.

    Petro,

    Where in South Jersey ?? I was born and raised in a place they called Trenton, NJ, back in the Jurassic age.

    I would never own a 300B tubed amp. NO offense intended in any way, that is just " how it is" with my audio experiences. .I would never own a triode amp with chokes over 20 Ohms, since 1978 when Mr. Fulton mentored me. These days, last ten years, ten ohms or less for Ls. Thats " how it is", how it sounds to me and others, on ALTEC 515Bs and 802s !!

    Jeff .... Low Ohms

  3. #23
    Hostboard Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Southern new jersey
    Posts
    70
    Credits
    0

    Re: Is anyone running a Type 46 SET on their ALTECs, 604 / V

    Quote Originally Posted by LowOhms View Post
    Petro,

    Where in South Jersey ?? I was born and raised in a place they called Trenton, NJ, back in the Jurassic age.



    Jeff .... Low Ohms
    Yes I'm pretty sure anyone who has ever heard of George Washington knows where Trenton is.
    I'm far from there. As far east as you can go without getting wet. Other side of the state.
    Anyway thanks for the info. I'm thinking about building a 2a3 kit

  4. #24
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Warrensburg, MO
    Posts
    272
    Credits
    0

    Re: Is anyone running a Type 46 SET on their ALTECs, 604 / V


    Members do not see advertisements
    Is anyone running a Type 46 SET on their ALTECs, 604 / VOTT?
    Quote Originally Posted by Petro View Post
    Yes I'm pretty sure anyone who has ever heard of George Washington knows where Trenton is.
    I'm far from there. As far east as you can go without getting wet. Other side of the state.
    Anyway thanks for the info. I'm thinking about building a 2a3 kit
    Contact me, and I will show you a decent build if you can DIY. Any kit, will NOT cut it !! Send me an email Petro.

    George who ??

    Jeff Low Ohms.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.