Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hello, I'm sorry to bother everyone. I've looked around a little bit but could not find a similar topic so I guessed that I would just ask directly.

When I start Grandia II for PC, after I choose "New Game" my computer freezes. I get the "Now Loading....." message, then it disappears and nothing, no whirling noise from my PC, no lights on the CD rom, no activity what so ever. I have an Athalon 1800 and a GeForce 4 PowerPack. Does anyone know what could be wrong?

Thank you.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi, this is Wiseman, the Granaboard maintainer. Welcome to the Granaboard Message Board! I hope you enjoy it. Don't worry about creating threads and asking questions, those are two of the main goals of boards!

I haven't heard of that problem happening to Grandia II PC, however, make sure of the following:

- First off, due to a bug I've discovered in the configuration programs, you can't assign functions to the keys K and/or M, I don't remember which (if you really must, an hex editor has to be used, I can explain the reason why this happens if you want). Enter the game configuration (GMCONFIG.EXE) and press the "Reset All" button. This will set all keys to default and screen resolution and color depth to 640x480x16 (most compatible). You can change this later once you've verified it's not a configuration issue.

- After you have verified that, and changing the resolution doesn't help, try reinstalling the game, something might be wrong.

- If this doesn't help, you might want to make sure you have the latest graphic drivers and DirectX available.

- If you are still experiencing this problem, let us know, maybe some of us know of this issue, and I can search Google for some troubleshooting as well.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sorry... I can't be of help, most of us here never played G2 on the PC, but I think xellos did (he's around here at least 5 times a day so maybe he can help). Have you tried cleaning the CD? And if the CD is pirated that may be the reason (but I'm not saying it is, but if you bought one, that may be the reason it isnt running). Sorry I couldnt help :-(

Inactive Member Templar Zeratul's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was thinking the same as Wiseman, check your Direct X

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you very much for welcoming me. I know too many message boards that are much to hostile to new comers and people who ask beginner questions. Everyone has to be "leet" to talk there (sarcasm). Thank you again.

Well, I am using a gamepad so I don't think that that is the problem, but I will try to reset anyway. Also, it was a store bought copy, but any advice is helpful. Thank you again and I'll write back if it works or not.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You're welcome. We're all a family here and we always have room for another member [img]cool.gif[/img]

Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sorry, but the advice i would give on this matter has already been given.

Anyway, welcome to the Granaboard, my name is to the left of here, but if you are too tired from your long journey here, my name is OCB. I hope you enjoy your stay here, and hope you will come again often.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh, sorry, I am currently using Direct X8.1. And everything seems to be working fine in the diagnostics.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Maybe a reinstallation would help?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm dumb when it comes to them technical things [img]tongue.gif[/img] but anyways, this happened to me:

My solution: Buy a game doctor, keep cleaning til it works, uninstall all the files (cept for save games if you already have some) and then reinstall it w/the cleaned disc, and it should work.

Seriously that's what I did, and it worked fine, thoguh it could be some tech prob

Welcome to the board! Everyone's welcome here, we let Cav in for god's sake [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast