Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The fronts are a little slick and had a tendency to hydroplane on our first rains of the season this week. I'm considering new tires for my 94 vtec del sol. I'd appreciate any input on what works well in our rainy Northwest.

I commute about 40 miles each way per day, rural roads run at a good clip. I'd like something with great rain performance, good dry performance, yet won't leave me stranded on the few days I have to navigate a little snow or ice working my way down from the 1200 foot level out by Estacada down to the valley floor.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you haven't already, you should check out www.tirerack.com They have thousands of personal reviews of tires, very useful stuff.

I like Kumho ECSTA Supra 712s for daily driver tires. They're awesome in the wet (had more grip than my stock Michelins), and not too bad in the dry. I've never used them in snow.

IMHO, it will be rather hard to find a tire that has good dry grip AND good traction in the snow. The two don't really go hand in hand.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just got a set of Yokohama AVS ES 100's (205 50/15's) for my Teg, and so far I love them. They tightened up the ride and are sticky. It's been raining here some, but I have yet to be on the road at high speed (75-80) with standing water on the road so I'm not sure about the hydroplane resistance, but with the pavement wet, I have yet to spin the tires on take off, which I did quite often with my other tires. Just some info for ya.