Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Everybody! Team Sol Oregon has been in hibernation, and now is the time for us to crawl out of our dens. The sun is out, and the roads are calling. We've been out of action for far too long, and it's about time we get together again.

My plan is to have a meet on Saturday, June 28. The location is up to you Team Sol Oregon members. I've found a couple cool locations for us to go. Here they are, in no particular order:

1) A&W Drive-In in Boring on Highway 26
    2) "Giant Drive-In" diner in Lake O
    3) Drive-In movies in Newberg, off Highway 99W

Make your votes now, as the location will be locked at noon on Saturday, June 14.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, I've gotten only 2 replies via email, one suggesting a drive over highway 219 if the meet were to involve the Newberg Drive-In Movies, and the other saying that Import Life 3 is on the 28th and he cannot attend due to sponsorship obligations.

Man, I hope there's more people from the Oregon group at least reading this thread. No input makes things really difficult and frustrating, but I at least hope people will come to the meet, wherever and whenever it will be.

How does everybody feel about making the meet on the 28th (Saturday, versus the 29th (Sunday)???

I hope at least one person replies to the thread here. I'd hate to just keep planning meets on my own. Please reply Oregon! (Or Washington, or Idaho, or anybody else if you think you might attend...)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Sorry 4 not contacting u sooner. We've been busy with our Model A but it's past time to get the del sol out. Our vote is the Giant Drive-In in LO, next is Drive-in Movies in Newberg.

We were at the Sherwood Cruisin' with our Classic '31 Model A Roadster today and not one del sol was there.....almost every other kind of car, all years (1920's to 2000's) and many clubs were represented. Okay so most of the prizes went to hot rods, but not all. There are a lot of shows for all kinds of cars in the area all summer, but we never see del sols. Frankly, we think the del sols would out shine all the other imports.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm gonna be there... I don't have a preference on where it is. This has been my excuse to get off my butt and work on my car.

Roy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OK, well I checked out the Giant Drive-In in Lake Oswego, and it was actually kind of small, not really suitable for a meet.... So, I say we have the meet in Newberg at the Drive-In Movies. Edd mentioned a nice drive over the hill, I believe on the 219... I'll get more details from him later....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey, I would be up for the 28th. I have races on the 29, so that would make it difficult. Veris, you up to train with me? I will inform Jason about it, and another couple solers. Just for a little FYAI (for you all information) I now have some del sol parts from my last one. Bunch of interior, and other stuff. Just ask with emails to [email protected]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OK, FINAL UPDATE!!! For all of you attending the meet, we've got updated information on the website. www.geocities.com/teamsoloregon/

For those of you too lazy to click, [img]tongue.gif[/img] we'll be meeting @ 5PM on Saturday the 28th (TOMORROW) @ the Sears area of the Washington Square Mall Parking Lot. I'll be in my green 97 sol, and if you can't find me, just look for a bunch of other del Sols. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

ALSO, IF you have an FRS radio, PLEASE bring it. They come in REALLY handy during our meets. I will be tuned in to Channel 12, Code 0.

See you all there!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey Arron, I'll be down with training with you to Washington Square. I'll try to get in touch with Jason later today, and see if he's going. Maybe we can all train up together.... Seeya.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'll be there.
    Don't expect my car to be shiny, due to lack of notice. [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img]