Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Im really new to the car thing and i have been looking around for Z3 fenders and 1 pice head lights. I found the fenenders but i would like to somewhat get a good deal becasue i was told 300 for the fenenders and i was told there is no 1 pice lights but i have seen them befor on the del sol so would anyone know anything about them.also does anyone know what kind size of tires i can get for it as well?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As for fenders, check www.groupbuycenter.com

There always seems to be a buy going on for Z3 fenders.

The one piece headlights came on Sols sold in Japan. They are hard to get cheaply; average price is ~$500 a pair.

I believe 185/65s are the tires that came stock on Sols.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[img]smile.gif[/img]

yeah i have been looking all over the place for the lights and so far i have not come up with anything so it's been making it quite hard to fix my car. The last thing im looking for is a somehwhat cool hood or somthing

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

there's forever VIS hoods up on ebay, VIS del sol hoods supposedly have awesome fit quality, everyone that I know with them is very very pleased with the product

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

you can ger a pair of metal Z3 fenders for $180 from http://www.rs2motorsport.com/z3fendmetal.html
    this is the only place i have found that has them in metal, i am geting mine in 2 weeks. I am also looking for the 1 piece headlights. If i find a really good place to find them, for cheap i will let you know. I have a hookup at a Honda/Acura Dealership here, and he has gotten JDM parts for a Integra i used to own. they werent that cheap though. (I had Honda emblems put on my Integra LS Rims, and replaced my acura emblems with Honda emblems all the way around before the car was given back to my stepbrother after i rebuilt the motor with Civic SI pistons, thicker sleaves, titanium valve spirngs, new valves, and basically reworked the entire engine myself) i'll check with him and see what i can come up with.

as for tires, it depends upon the model, the SI and Vtec came with 195/60/14 tires while the S came with 185/65/13 I am currently running Kuhmo Ecsta 711's that are 195/50/15 so that i can keep the gearing and the speedomemter correct. I race with these when i autocross, and drag race at the track. soon though i will put 195/40/16's on a new set of rims i am getting. I work at Discount Tire Co. so i know all of this stuff.. kinda wierd. if you were to go with 17 inch rims to keep the speedo and gearing correct, you would need to run 195/30/17's if you have a SI or VTec, and if you were running them on a S you would want to have 195/35/16's with the largest wheel size being 16 inch without messing with the speedo, or gearing. you cant get 185's in anything smaller than 185/55/14's thats why you would need to step it up to 195's. for every inch you go up in rim size the middle number needs to go down 10, i wouldnt reccomend running anything smaller than a 30 series tire on anything, because anything the size of a golf ball(including potholes) that you hit in the road will most likely damage the rim. and you will seriously degridate the tire acting as a source of a shock absorber. its actually kinda funny because the Integra runs a 195/50/15 tire also. but i see people buying 17 inch rims for them all the time, and putting 40 series tires on them. honestly i have noticed a big diffrence running the 15 inch rims and 50 series tires, because the tire doenst flex as much the car becomes alot more responsive. I think honda really missed the boat when it comes to the Del Sol, and tires and rims.

just food for thought!

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 26, 2003 05:17 AM: Message edited by: blkdelsolsi ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

WOW can you been my friend? [img]smile.gif[/img] thats really good to know about the rims and stuff. becasue i did not know that at all

The del sol i have is a 93 S.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Does any company even make 195/30s?

30-series tires are not very nice to drive on IMHO. Way too small of a sidewall. If you want 17" wheels, just use 205/40s. It won't change your speedometer that much. I run 205/45s on my 16"s, and the speedo is off a little bit, but only by a few mph. I don't know about you guys, but to me that doesn't matter too much...

Also, for the one piece headlights, try www.inlinefour.com or www.jdmhondaparts.com I think both of those places can get them fairly easily.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I got kind of a stupid question on the tires. what do the number mean?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Take for example 195-60-R14, 195 is the width of the tire (in millimeters, I think), 60 is the percentage of the width, which equals the sidewall height (so 60% of 195 = 117), and the 14 is the wheel size, so 14" rims. Tirerack.com has a lot of information on tire sizing and stuff. They have a wheel/tire size calculator on there.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok i gets it now thanks man.