Thread: What are we teaching our children?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I like that one! My favorite of the Move-On ads was the one with the man who wakes up and finds a post it note on his alarm clock that says something about the national debt. As he goes through his morning routine he keeps finding post-its all over the place with little blurbs about the failures of the administration. Finally he walks into the living room, which is literally papered with thousands of post-its! His son and daughter are the ones putting them up. "What are you doing?" he demands. The son replies something to the effect that he just wants to be able to remember the way things used to be. The father looks at all the post-its and says, "Well, all I can tell you is that when this is over, you're going to have one **** of a mess to clean up!"

I thought that was brilliantly poignant, and the double-entendred punchline was right on target! But it didn't make the final cut.

Hey, Atex (sorry--the new handle will take me a few days), if you happen to see that one in your wanderings online, could you send me the URL?

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ May 20, 2004 07:43 PM: Message edited by: MinDogger ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Will do Dog....and by the way, Atex was already taken, for that reason I joined as dawgoner...but I might try again with atex something else..its more me.

dawgoner is my handle on another board where I play games.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

WOW! That was excellent! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]