Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am going to look at a Chambers serires A stove this weekend (Thanks to Chambers2be and craigslist).

I've searched this outstanding forum and Todd's fantastic web page, but still don't have a good sense of how this series differed in functionality and maintenance requirements from the B or C series. Were there design improvements in the B and C stoves that improved durability or functionality when compared to the A series? Any special problems to focus on? I will look for rust around the thermowell lip and in the oven.

Perhaps it would be wise to obtain copies of the service manuals for each of the series before making a hasty decision regarding purchase.

Peter

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The "A" Models are in the 1936 Catalog, The B's are in the 1939 Catalog. Todd has most of the C Model features on the Chambers web site. Chambers made the same stove for 50 years. They all cook about the same. A model parts are hard to come by. B/BZ/C parts are more available.

And check out the Chambers Literature here:
    [url="http://stores.ebay.com/The-Uncertain-Stoveman?refid=store"]http://stores.ebay.com/The-Uncertain-Stoveman?refid=store[/url]

Regards, Sam

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Sammy.

That info is a great help as I search for my stove.

Peter