Is anybody home?

I'd like to start a petition to light a fire under NASA's ass for the colonization of Mars. Who's with me?

I'm not watching the news much, although I seldom do anyway. I get what information I seek on our happy little medium to which I now post, and that's all I need. I'm struggling with how I feel about it, but that's what I do in regards to everything. I can't help but grin, though. I just grin. Something about the carnage that still draws me in, the chaos...and not so much about what's going on over there, but yes, that's stirring old thoughts...hmmmm...lust..., no, even more intriguing is the turmoil right here at home. I was born too late to experience the last time something this unpopular went on in the higher levels. If you've read this far you should know that I'm being intentionally vague. Seems the real terror is right here in our back yard. Something is festering in the belly of freedom. Dissention is breeding where for too long mutiny has been allowed as an inpenetrable right. Rights are all that thrive now, as priveleges have been abused to death. We are as cockroaches now: not necessarily evil, just doing what we do, and not just here, I'm seeing it everywhere. ...Martian sanctuary...heh. The human in me wants to flee. The Christ in me wants me to work. The devil in me wants me to grin wider still.

I've been playing Sid Meier's Civilization II. I've been using the cheats to much. I'm at war with Carthage, and I've been systematically eradicating their cities. They won't sign a piece treaty with me, but they keep calling cease fires only to break them with sneak attacks a year later, sometimes less. The other nations have all banded together against me, but they won't attack. I think they're afraid. Silly AI. I sometimes fancy myself a pacifist, but then I lower my brow and grin...

Me, I want a new planet. This one's getting lame...literally. The last legs are shaky at best.

There's another world in my head, but I dare not go there. It goes round. It's centrifuge pulls it nearer, deeper, further down a spiral much darker than the vast expanse of space that seperates us from God. I wonder who else has built such a place. What makes it spin?