Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

I can?t tell you my name. I can?t tell you my friend?s name. I can?t tell you what we are, because we certainly aren?t human anymore. But I can tell you who did this to us. And I can tell you he?s going to pay?
    My friend sat on the other side of the fire from me, playing with a spider crawling across his knuckles.
    ? I wish you wouldn?t do that. It gives me the creeps,? I said.
    ?Just imagine, a big ol? guy like you is scared of a little spider,? he replied.
    ?I?m not scared of it, it just gives me the willies.?
    Eventually he put his little playmate back on the ground and it scurried off. As the fire died down, we began to doze off, and soon both of us were sound asleep.
    Morning came, and once again we set off. We didn?t know where we were going, but anything was better than staying in one place. Since the Dark Angel came to walk among men, the wilderness crawls with all kinds of monsters. And come mid afternoon, they found us.
    The Nazgul swooped down on us from the sky, barely giving us time to get out of the way. We could hear their Lord screeching from on high, and we both armed ourselves with our stolen weapons, my friend hefting his spear while I gripped my ax. It was too big for me, but that wouldn?t matter soon, I thought glumly. A few moments later, the Nazgul had circled back and we were surrounded.
    I fought for my life, but I tried to stay calm. My friend had already lost his, and his transformation began. I watched as his humanity drained from him, and he became some kind of thing, grayish colored with and extra set of arms. His jaw stretched wider than it should have been able to, and filled with razor sharp teeth. His hands were tipped with jagged claws. None of this surprised me, for I had seen it before. And I knew that my own metamorphosis was not far behind.
    I will say that the change brings certain advantages, but I hate losing my humanity. My friend was stronger and faster than he normally is, and his teeth and claws combined with his spear to ravage the Nazgul. I fought on, trying to control my rage, but the enemy was greater than I. I had just slain one of the airborne monsters when I was hit in the back of the head. My anger exploded, and my flesh began to ripple with the transformation.
    My skin stretched from the new gained muscle mass, and grayish brown hair sprouted from it, covering my body. My face elongated, becoming a muzzle filled with pointed fangs. I grew my own set of claws, and gripped the now appropriate sized ax tight. I was a full two feet taller that I had been, and had gained about two hundred more pounds. And with the vanishing of my human form, my control fled also. Now both of us fell into the Nazgul, ripping, shredding, and hacking. By the time our foes fled, the ground was littered with broken, lifeless bodies.
    We stood there, our chests heaving, for a good five minutes before we calmed enough to regain or normal forms. Our clothes were in tatters from countless transformations. We sat for a few minutes to rest and then set off again. In the distance, we could hear the Lord of the Nazgul screaming its rage.

For days we traveled, crossing many miles, fighting our way past the horrors that filled the land. All was going well, we had yet to be defeated due to our curse. And then the ogre found us.
    It came crashing out of the forest and sent us sprawling before we could even react. My friend began changing almost immediately. As I reached for my ax, one of the giant?s huge hands crashed into the back of my skull and I lost consciousness.

I awoke in a small room, dimly lit by candlelight. I lay upon a small but clean bed, and my friend sat beside me in a wooden chair, snoring away.
    ?Man, wake up,? I managed to say out of a throat that had lay idle for God knows how long.
    ?Wuzza?? he said as he snapped awake.
    ? Where are we??
    ?Dude, you should have seen it!? he exclaimed. ?Right after you got creamed by ol? stinky pits, this girl shows up out of nowhere and shoots an arrow straight into Gigantor?s eye! She looked ready to shoot me next, but I managed to change back to human form before she did. She told me to bring you with us, and she?d take care of you. So here we are, in her cabin.?
    ? Does she know what I am??
    ?Yeah, she asked about it, and I told her the truth. She didn?t say much about it afterward. I?m gonna go see if she has something for you to eat. Be back in a few.? And he walked out the door.
    In a few minutes, the girl I assumed to be my savior came in carrying a tray with some soup and bread on it.
    ?I?m glad to see you?re feeling better,? she said. ?My name?s Miral.?
    ?I don?t know what my name is,? I replied.
    ?That?s fine. I?ll just say ?Hey you!? whenever I call you,? she said with a smile.
    ?I guess I should thank you for saving me and my friend,? I said.
    ?Don?t worry about it. I kill the monsters out here all the time. What you should thank me for is not killing your friend.?
    ?I suppose he looked pretty scary in his other form, huh?? I asked.
    ?No, he?s done nothing but hit on me since he got here!?

By the next day, I was feeling well enough to be up and about without having to spew out my previous meal. That night after dinner, Miral and I sat out on her porch and talked. My friend had decided to take a walk in the forest surrounding her cabin.
    ?So you don?t remember anything?? she asked me.
    ?Not anything of who I am or where I come from. But I do know how I got this way. The Dark Angel decided he needed warriors that were greater than normal humans, so he had his troops venture out and bring in captives. I can only assume that my friend and I were among their prisoners, because we certainly were part of those experiments. We were handed over to his servant sorceress, the Dark One. She?s the one who did the actual work on us. I do remember that??
    ?Was it painful?? Miral asked.
    ?Unbelievably.?
    ?How did you escape??
    ?Most of the other captives wound up malformed and twisted. We showed no signs of anything. After the Dark Angel inspected us, he declared us all failures, and ordered his soldiers to kill us. Most of us were too weak to fight back. They marches us out of the castle and proceeded to slaughter us. That was the first time my friend and I transformed. All that rage from seeing those innocent people mistreated and then murdered brought out the monsters the Dark One had placed inside us. We destroyed the guards and took some weapons. What few other prisoners were left alive escaped into the woods. My friend and I took off, fearing we?d be captured again. I don?t know what I?d have done without him. He kept me sane while we were kept in those cages. I?d die for him.?
    ?What are you going to do now?? she asked.
    ?Make sure that what happened to us never happens to anyone again. We?re going to kill the Dark Angel and all his servants: the Dark One, Tyler Durden, Manga Cyber Punk, and anyone else who serves that monster.?
    ?Before you do that, why don?t you come with me to see Suture Jr.?? she asked.
    ?Who?s that??
    ?She?s considered by some around here to be a witch, but she?s a nice old woman. She seems to know just about everything. Maybe she can help you.?
    ?Anything that can help us against the Dark Angel is welcome.?

The next morning, the three of us set out to find this Suture Jr. Along the way, Miral said we were going to pick up a friend of hers. She said that there was safety in numbers, or some malarkey like that. She also said this friend of hers, Branflakes, enjoyed seeing this Suture woman. We came to where Branflakes lived about two miles down the trail.
    Miral told us to wait where we were at, and went to the door and knocked. A few moments later, a beautiful young woman answered the door.
    ?I could go for some of that,? my friend leaned over and said to me.
    ?Do you ever think with your brain instead of your balls?? I asked.
    ?Not usually. And besides, she?s hot! And since Miral?s been holding out-?
    ?Just leave her alone,? I interrupted.
    ?Oh, you want her for yourself, eh?? he replied, with an elbow to the ribs.
    ?Shut up.?
    A few minutes later, Branflakes went back inside, and a short time afterwards emerged in traveling clothes and carrying a staff. As she started to leave, a voice called out from the cabin, and another woman came out and gave Branflakes a passionate kiss goodbye.
    ?Still want some of that?? I asked.
    ?No. Now I want to watch.?
    I smacked him upside the head and we were on our way.

We reached Suture Jr.?s home just as night found us. Miral knocked on the door, and was greeted by a cloaked from. Soon we were all hustled inside, where the woman removed her hood and revealed a kind, grandmotherly face.
    ?You all must be tired and hungry. Sit down, sit down. I?ll get you some stew.?
    We sat down, and soon we all had bowls of a delicious stew serves to us by Suture. When we were done eating, she looked at my friend and I.
    ?So, you?re the two who are going to try to destroy the Dark Angel,? she said.
    ?Well, yeah,? my friend replied.
    ?Can you help us?? I asked.
    ?Of course I can help you. Why do you think Miral brought you to me? Now get comfy, and I?ll tell you the tale of the Dark Angel.?
    We all settled down, and her words merged with the firelight and came alive in our minds.

?Eons ago, the Deus was all that was. He grew lonely in his solitude, and desired companionship. So the angels were created, and later, men. But a time came when one of the angels rebelled. His original name has been lost in the sands of time, but he came to be known as the Dark Angel. He grew jealous of the Deus? attention of mankind, thinking them lesser than the angels. And he grew vain and power hungry, yearning to rule things himself. The Deus, knowing all, was not surprised, but was saddened. After the rebellion had been quelled, the Dark Angel was banished from Elysium, and forbidden to ever return. He sought vengeance for his fate, and decided to corrupt the earth and mankind. At first, he worked in secret, hiding his actions, and used great subtlety. But the Deus knew that he would tire of this, and prepared a plan to prevent the greater damage that would come about is the Dark Angel ever set foot upon the earth. And so the prophecy was given that two men would come, given power by the Dark Angel himself, and they would destroy him and be the saviors of mankind.?

As she finished her tale, I asked, ?Are we the one?s in the prophecy, wise lady??
    ?I would seem you are,? she replied.
    My friend looked up from the spider he was playing with and asked another question.
    ?Are these hero?s given names??
    ?When they arrive, they will not know who they are, but their names will be known to all when their work is done. One is known as Spyderluv, because he is the friend of all arachnids, and his other form is like a spider itself.? He quickly put the spider down.
    ?And what is my name?? I asked.
    ?The other is known simply as Abe.?

We all spent the night at the wise woman?s house, and prepared to set out the next morning for the Dark Angel?s realm. I awoke before the others to find Suture Jr. also up and about.
    ?Come out to the back with me,? she said.
    I followed her out, and we sat down on some wooden chairs.
    ?There are a few more things you need to know before you attack your adversary. You should not expect Lord High Bear, ruler of this realm, to assist you in any way. He dares not go up against the Dark Angel, for he knows he cannot win. You are on your own.?
    ?Great,? I muttered.
    ?Also, your party is not complete. There is one more out there who will assist you on your journey. I do not know his name, and I do not know where or how you shall find him. But you need not worry, for he will join you of his own accord.?
    ?Well, one more doesn?t hurt, I guess.?
    ?There is one more thing,? she said. ?If you are to defeat the Dark Angel, you will need every weapon you have at your disposal. I know you hate what you carry within you, but you must use it. Instead of fighting it, focus your rage, hate and anger. Bring about the transformation. Then, you will be able to control it and give the Dark Angel reason to fear you. And trust me, you can do more than you realize. You have not even begun to explore the other side of you.?
    ?I?ll be honest,? I said. ?I don?t like to hear that. The change makes me fell, well, less human.?
    ?Not less,? she said. ?More than human. Do not be afraid. You have the strength within you to overcome this.?

We traveled for days toward the castle of the Dark Angel. All the traffic we encountered along the road was heading the opposite direction.
    ?Makes you think what a bunch of idiots we are, doesn?t it?? asked Spyderluv.
    ?Branflakes, tell me again why you?re here? Why didn?t you go home after we saw Suture Jr.?? I asked.
    ?Because I love a good adventure. And this is a good cause. And because I want to. Any questions??
    ?Do you date men, or only women?? quipped Spyderluv.
    ?Why I oughta..? said Branflakes, while she shook her staff at him.
    This was going to be a long trip.

To be continued..

------------------
    F.T.N.

HUMAN BY BIRTH,
    ARACHNID BY CHOICE

G.O.L. 4 EVER

<A HREF="http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=&number=278=" TARGET=_blank>
    SPYDER'S TALES AND OTHER FANFIC</A>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Missed this one...