Thread: My first story post ever! (Rouge Trie)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is a work of fiction. The characters, incidents, and dialogues are products of the author's imagination and are not to be construed as real. Any resemblance to actual events or, persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental

Copyright 1999 2000 2001 2002 by Skyler Lizotte All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced in any way or by any means electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or stored in an information retrieval system of any kind without the prior permission in writing from the author
    =========================================

Hushed voice: Rouge Trie...

(Shot of a vacant red screen)

(Fade in)

(lite music plays)

(Nighttime outside of a luxurious old world mansion. One of the doors to the inside opens just a crack... The camera glides into the entrance and makes way to the main hall. Inside it's dim and warm as people sit on a large couch and others hang in the shadows.)

(Shot of red circular object on a wall)

(The same scene is displayed but with a red tint. Then more scenes all in red)

(A man leads a woman down a hallway)

(two handsome men walk into a room smiling)

(Two women and a man drinking in a kitchen)

Voice Over: (low tone) I see them...

(A click and the scenes keep changing)

(A room with a man unconscious on the floor, with broken glass all over and someone huddled in corner crying)

Voice Over: (low tone) It's like a mosaic.

(Clicking as scenes keep changing)

Voice Over: I watch... As they laugh and cry... I have so many of these
    moments stored on videocassette... Forever mine...

(More clicking as scenes keep changing)

(A room with a group of people making out...)

Voice Over: I think most of them enjoy these midnight parties. That's why most of them come back. But there are some I never see again... But there are always new ones coming in

(Faster clicking as scenes keep changing)

Voice Over: Some of them come for fun. Others, just for a place to go. And some come to runaway...

(A dark room with a wall full of red glowing monitor's)

Voice Over: Not one of them has any idea that I am the master of this house...

(In the room a handsome young man is sitting in a chair with a calm, but blank expression on his face. He looks about twenty-two, his skin is pale almost white. He looks sickly, and his eyes are glassy. He stares at all the monitors, not blinking once)

Young man: (Voice Over) I capture so many emotions on camera yet the only thing I feel comes from the screen....

(He looks very tired and gets up to walk out of the room while his back is turned, one of the screens shows two people in a room, a flash of steel as a figure grips a dagger by their side. The young man closes a door and all of the screens turn to static as he leaves)

(Fade in)

(Morning outside the mansion it's very bright and birds are chirping)

(Inside a dark and dusty room. Beams of light shine through a tattered curtain. One of the lights shines down on a pair of closed eyes, which slowly open to reveal very tired, but pretty hazel eyes. It's the young master of the house... He tries to get up, but finds it difficult. A moment later he pushes himself up with all his strength and makes his way to the bathroom. He stands in front of the sink, his head down. He can't even look at himself in the mirror as he combs his short blond hair.)

(He walks out of the bathroom and bends down to get his clothes, which lay heaped on the floor, then dresses himself)

IN THE STUDY

(The young master is dressed in a white button-up shirt and dark gray slacks. He stands near a window looking outside. Then someone walks into the room.)

(It's a woman in a black outfit wearing a red, lightweight, three-quarter-length coat. she has shoulder length black hair and bright green eyes she looks about thirty)

Woman: Well, I see you're up early.

Young master: (still looking out the window) Ah...Sophia I was just preparing some work for the company. What brings you here?

Sophia: A car.

Young master: (un-amused) Ha ha, but what is it really?

Sophia: Nothing, I just wanted to see how you were.

Young master: You've been doing that a lot.

Sophia: I used to do that for your father all the time.

(The young master turns around gives her a slight glare)

Young master: (sarcastically) Is that so... Tell me what else did you "do" for my father?

Sophia: (coyly) Now that wasn't very nice...

(Sophia flashes a playful smile at him)

(View changes as the camera looks Sophia, over)

Young master (Voice Over): That's Sophia Cole. Don't let the pretty face fool you. She owns Half of my fathers company and she's a vary smart businesswoman. But also very arrogant... Not to mention conniving, underhanded, and backstabbing. Well, the list goes on and on. But many people think she's very beautiful. I have to admit, as repulsed as I am, she is mildly interesting,

(View switches back to normal)

Sophia: I "thought" we could sit down and have a little chat.

(the Young master thinks for a moment.)

Young master: *sigh* Fine.

Sophia: Good I'll have the maid bring up some tea.

(Moments later Sophia is sitting at a table drinking tea while the young master leans back against a wall)

Sophia: You've been absent from the company lately. Your office hasn't been used in a while. You haven't been to a meeting in a long time. Have you even left the house in the last three months?

Young master: I just haven't felt like it lately. And you're the only one the seems to notice that I'm not there...

Sophia: (slightly worried) Is there something wrong?

Young master: Not a damn thing.

Sophia: Here, just drink some of this. It might make you feel better...

(She hands him a cup of tea and he drinks from it)

Sophia: (Smiling) How is it?

(He stops drinking)

Young master: (Sharply) bitter, like everything else...

Sophia: You really need to lighten up.

Young master: I "need" to finish what I was doing.

(He walks back to his desk and gathers his papers. with his back turned he speaks)

Young master: So if you'll excuse me, I have lots of work to do.

(As he prepares his work Sophia comes from behind and wraps her arms around him. She then whispers into his ear)

Sophia: (whispering) You don't have to do it by yourself...

(The Young master pulls him self away and seems as if he's about to get angry. But he remains expressionless and he turns away she then pulls him back to her and forces him to look her in the eyes)

OUTSIDE

(A black limousine pulls up just outside the entrance. The driver steps out and opens the door at the rear of the car. Then someone walks out)

(It's a young woman with long blond hair and dark blue eyes, she is dressed in a white cotton shirt and a black skirt)

(After exiting the car she says thank you to the driver and makes her way up the steps to the entrance of the mansion. She rings the doorbell and moments later the maid opens the door and lets her inside)

INSIDE

Maid: (cheerful) How are you today young miss?

Young Miss: Oh, all right I guess.

Maid: Here, let me take your coat.

Young Miss: Thank you. Um, where's Xavier?

Maid: He's in the study with Miss Cole.

Young Miss: (Looks confused) Really?

IN THE STUDY

(The young master sitting at his desk. He tries to ignore Sophia and continue working.)

(Sophia is sitting at one side of his desk looking down at him as he signs documents)

Sophia: Why are you acting so cold?

Young master: Who's acting? I don't have any time for this.

(The young master starts to get up. But before he can get to his feat. Sophia pushes him back down. He looks up at her and she moves to kiss him, but the door swings open and the Young Miss walks in on them)

Young Miss: Surprise! I just got back from...

(The smile on her face turns to shock and confusion)

Young Miss: What are you doing?

Sophia: (smirking) What adults do when they're alone.

(The Young Miss Runs over to the desk and try's to pull Sophia off of The Master)

Young Miss: Get away from him!

(The Young master gets up and speaks)

Xavier: Enough!

(Note: From now on the Young master will be known as Xavier)

(Both Sophia and the Young Miss stop what they're doing)

Xavier: Karen, apologize to Miss Cole.

Karen: But I- I just...

Xavier: (doesn't look at either of them) That was no way for you to behave.

(Angry and frustrated Karen walks out of the room, Sophia sits smugly on the desk)

Xavier: I think it is time you left.

(The Young Master slowly walks out of the study and closes the door behind him)

Sophia: (Talking to herself) I see...

THE HALLWAY

(In the hallway the Young Master makes his way to the main hall. Sighting the maid up ahead, he walks toward her as she continues her cleaning)

Xavier: Hello.

Maid: Good morning sir.

(View changes, as camera looks the maid over)

Xavier (Voice Over): That's Rosa, My maid I don't call her my servant because she's not. I told her that she doesn't have to do anything here. If she wished, she could go anywhere, I said I would give her enough money so that she would never need to work again. So she could be free... But she said someone needs to take care of this place and me...I've Known her since I was nine years old. But we'll talk more about that later.

(view switches back to normal)

Xavier: Have you seen Karen?

Rosa: I just saw her go up the stairs. Is there anything wrong?

Xavier: No.

(He starts to go up the stairs. But before he continues the rest of the way he turns back to Rosa)

Xavier: I'll help you with the rest of the cleaning in a moment.

Rosa: Yes sir... Thank you.

(He continues up the stairs)

KAREN'S ROOM

(Karen is sitting at the end of her bed reading a book. Moments later there's a knocking at the door. But she does not answer it, then the door opens)

Karen: (Not looking at whoever just opened the door) I didn't say to come in.

Xavier: At least I knock.

Karen: (still reading her book) What do you want?

Xavier: To talk to you.

(Xavier sits down next to her on the bed. And after a few moments of silence.)

Karen: You slept with her didn't you?

Xavier: That's ridiculous! I didn't even know she felt that way about me until today.

Karen: (turns to Xavier) And how do you feel about her?

Xavier: What do you mean?

Karen: How do you feel about her here (puts her finger on his chest)?

Xavier: I...

(Karen gets a little closer)

Karen: What?

Xavier: (slightly uncomfortable) I guess I don't feel anything for her.

(Karen backs up a bit and gives him a skeptical look)

Karen: hmmm...

Xavier: (getting up from the bed) But in light of today's event's maybe I should feel the same way I feel about her as I feel about "you".

Karen: And what is that?

Xavier: (sly) Wouldn't you like to know?

(Karen chuckles a bit with his attempt at humor)

Xavier: (slight smile) Well, I have some things to attend to.

Karen: (smiling) All right.

Xavier: We will continue this talk at dinner.

(Xavier left the room and closed the door)

OUTSIDE THE DOOR

(Xavier's face melts back into its usual deadpan expression as he walks
    through the hallway and down the stairs)

(He sees a door cracked opened. He approaches it and looks inside. It's Rosa cleaning up some broken glass off the floor. Arthur looks around and remembers the scene in this room from last night)

Xavier: Is everything all right?

Rosa: Yes but I'm just not sure how this got here.

Xavier: Hmm...

(At that moment they hear a groan coming from the other side of the bed)

Rosa: (looks over) What?

(Xavier walks over to the other side of the bed and looks down to see a man unconscious. Xavier then looks over at Rosa and says.)

Xavier: Rosa, please do me a favor and call a taxi cab.

MOMENTS LATER OUTSIDE

(We see a cab parked at the entrance. Xavier places the unconscious man in the back seat. He pays the driver and instructs him to take the man to the hospital. Rosa and Xavier walk back inside)

INSIDE

Rosa: Well that was, unexpected.

Xavier: Hmmm. You finish up here and I'll take care of the up stairs.

Rosa: Yes.

(Xavier goes up the stairs and checks the numerous rooms for any more
    surprises)

Xavier (Voice Over): Ah...Rosa. So diligent. And she doesn't ask any
    questions. She really has no idea about my parties; I have her leave before they start. I wouldn't want her exposed to what goes on at those times)

(Xavier enters a room at the vary end of the hall way. its quite and a little dark Xavier looks around the room and sees chairs turned over and a book or two on the floor. He turns around and looks at the very end of the room to see the bed. He gets closer. The middle of the bed is raised)

Xavier: (under his breath) And who are you?

(Xavier lifts the covers up and it's just some pillows)

(He then proceeds to make the bed. As he walks over to the other side to pull the sheets he steps on something he looks down and is startled to see a hand laying on the floor.)

Xavier: What the hell are you doing under the bed?

(Xavier pulls the arm of the person out from under the bed and tries to wake them)

(It's an 18 year old with light brown hair. He's not a pretty boy but has nice features. He looks like he's sleeping)

Xavier: Hello? Can you hear me?

(Xavier shakes the boy in the effort to wake him. But feeling something
    strange he retracts his hand... There's blood on it. Xavier turns him over and looks at his stomach it has a deep cut through the side. Xavier eyes widen a bit)

Xavier: (under his breath) He's dead...

(Suddenly Xavier hears a noise. like footsteps getting closer to the door)

Xavier Thinking (Voice Over): I can't let Rosa or Karen see this!

(Outside Karen walks up to the door and opens It. she look over and sees Xavier at one side of the room)

Karen: Xavier?

Xavier: (hands behind his back) Ah Karen. I was just doing a little straightening up...

Karen: Really? What do you have behind your back?

Xavier: Uh, nothing.

Karen: (runs up to him) Come on, let me see it (trying to get behind him).

Xavier: Stop that!

(She pulls his hand out)

Karen: What's this?

Xavier: I cut myself by accident.

Karen: (looks around the room) On what?

Xavier: Oh its nothing. I have to finish what I was doing.

Karen: Come on, let's clean this off.

(Karen takes Xavier by the hand and guides him out of the room. Xavier protests a bit as the door closes. Under the bed lies a still unmoving body)

THE KITCHEN

(After having his "wound" cleaned Xavier walks into the kitchen and gets a drink of water and looks in the refrigerator he thinks for a moment)

(He calls for Rosa)

(A few moments later Rosa enters the kitchen)

Rosa: Did you need anything?

Xavier: Yes, I need some things for dinner tonight.

Rosa: All right, what exactly do we need?

(Xavier thinks for a moment)

Xavier: I'm not quite sure yet. Have Karen go with you. She should know what to get.

Rosa: Very well sir.

(Soon after the limo drives up both Rosa and Karen step inside. The limo drives off as Xavier watches from the window)

(he walks out of the study and looks at the grandfather clock it reads
    12:30pm)

Xavier (Voice Over): It's 3 hours to the nearest shop. And 3 hours back, so that leaves me 6 hours. But first...

THE ROOM UPSTAIRS

(Xavier places the boy's body on the bed and begins to wrap him in a sheet. He stops notices a red mark along the neck. He scans the rest of the body and sees cuts on the sides of his pants)

LONG DARK STAIRWAY

(Xavier pulls the body down the stairs to a room with a large metal door he opens, it inside it's cold. It's a freezer. He puts the body in the back, and starts to walk out. He stumbles and looks like he's in pain. He gets up, glances back, shuts the door and locks it)

MAIN HALL

(Xavier looks at the grandfather clock. His vision is blurred he puts his hand to his head and tries to focus)

Xavier: I-I have to find out what happened.

THE DARK ROOM

(Xavier is sitting in his chair. The clicking of the keyboard fills the room, as computers at one side of the room read back information wile Xavier looks at the wall of red glowing monitors. His hands move across the keys at a fast pace drowning out the hum of the equipment around him. Then suddenly he stops. A monitor in the center displays a scene from last night, the boy whose body now lay in the freezer sits on a bed drinking a glass of champagne on screen. Xavier rewinds the scene a few seconds, the boy seams to be talking to someone off screen he looks tired, his collar is messed and he's rubbing his neck. A few seconds later he laughs at something. The video has no sound so Xavier can't tell what its about. Suddenly a hand belonging to someone off screen starts to choke the boy, but he doesn't seam to be taking it seriously and keeps laughing. Xavier's eyes go wide as the scene continues. The reflection of what takes place is displayed in Xavier's eyes, he looks away for a minute and then looks at the screen again. Just static. The video stops. Xavier tries to start at the begining, but the display says the recording began 42 minutes after someone entered the room. Xavier once again types at the keyboard, shot from a camera outside the room shows 2 people walking in but It's too hard to see their faces. Xavier again types at the keyboard displaying clips from a few days ago, skipping through until he sees what he's looking for.

(Rosa dusting)

"Click"

(Xavier reading a book)

"Click"

(Sophia in the kitchen stirring a cup of tea)

"Click"

(Shot of the foyer as groups of people walk in at one of the night parties)

(Xavier watch's all of there faces for A few moments. Face after face some of them look familiar others not. but one of them is a demon in the dark)

(He looks very tired and gets up to walk out of the room he closes the door and all of the screens turn to static as he leaves)

(Xavier walks up the stairs. He starts to slow down. His movements become sluggish and he clutches his head. Suddenly, the world around him becomes blurry and distorted. And then something in the background like a chorus a dark unsettling sound with an orchestra. Clutching his head he screams but the only sound we can hear is the chorus and orchestra. He falls backwards. And just before he hits the ground, everything goes black...)

End Act one

[This message has been edited by Katsuya (edited January 27, 2002).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Didn't really have much time to check it out, so if you can send it over to my E-mail address, It's [email protected]

------------------
    Darkness souround's you from all point's from beyond.From child birth to even death. G.O.L

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love it....waits for more!

------------------
    HEH HEH

Follows