Thread: My #3 story post! (Rouge Trie part 2)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

This is a work of fiction. The characters, incidents, and dialogues are products of the author's imagination and are not to be construed as real. Any resemblance to actual events or, persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental

Copyright 1999 2000 2001 2002 by Skyler Lizotte All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced in any way or by any means electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or stored in an information retrieval system of any kind without the prior permission in writing from the author
    =========================================

(Oblivion. Nothingness. There is only darkness. No sound, no light, no thought, no emotions. Just the empty black void).

(Slow Fade in)

(Shadows dance in and out of darkness. A flickering ambience, the dim light reveals puddles of water on the floor...)

(Angle on closed eyes)

(Between waves of light they snap open. Xavier jets up and gasps for air as if it had been a long time since his last breath. He looks around and realizes he's lying on the floor near the foot of the stairs. His shirt is ripped down the side. He pushes himself up and slowly regains his balance, looking around he notices that it is dark outside. He looks at the grandfather clock and it reads 12:30pm)

Xavier: (confused) It must have stopped.

(Walking over to the source of the light Xavier takes a single lit candelabra off of a small table and uses it to see. Everything looks dusty or old and un-kempt, and there are strange indents in the floor that have pooled with water)

(As Xavier examines the puddles; a loud slam echoes throughout the house.)

Xavier: Hello? Is someone there?

(No one answers)

Xavier: What the hell is going on?

(Xavier then begins to explore his surroundings, looking at all the strange yet familiar sights)

Xavier: Am I dreaming?

(Xavier looks around)

Xavier: Why do I feel so strange?

(Xavier sees a quick burst of light come from the windows, and then a loud crash)

Xavier: A storm?

(Xavier moves back to where he awoke and looks up the stairs. His light is too dim to see far. He stares in to blackness and starts to shake a little. A moment later he concentrates and begins to ascend the stairs. Finally he reaches the hall, it smells of burnt wood and ash; the walls are black with soot.)

(He looks to the left and down where parts of the wall have fallen out.)

(He looks to the right, and all along the sides are deep gashes, like something tore at the wall.)

(Xavier walks in the direction of the marks, still trying to understand what's happened.)

(Following the marks, Xavier finds himself looking at the stairs to a red door.)

(As Xavier walks up the stairs, he starts to shake and shiver. He feels sick, as if he is about to vomit.)

Xavier: (under his breath) This has to be it.

(Xavier's shaking hand reaches for the doorknob, he twists the doorknob, and the door slowly creeks open as the hinges wine. It is dark inside and cold, Xavier feels the wind blow against his face and blow out his candle. A flash of light from the storm gives him a glimpse of the room.)

Xavier: The attic? This is the attic...

(The attic dark and cold gives Xavier a strange feeling... At the end of the room where a window once was, there is now a large hole in the wall allowing the wind to gust thru. The only Illumination is the momentary bursts of thunder and lightning.)

(Not knowing what else to do Xavier calls out.)

Xavier: Hello? Is any one here?

(The only answer he receives is the clash of thunder. Looking around Xavier sees a small bell hanging from the ceiling with a string attached to it. Xavier, being curious, rings the bell... Nothing happens. Xavier walks to the door and is about to leave, then he hears the bell ring. He looks back as the lightning flashes... He sees a silhouette. Xavier gasps, but he quickly composes him self, and speaks.)

Xavier: Who are you?

(No answer)

Xavier: (sternly) I said, who are you?

(Slowly the figure approaches Xavier.)

Xavier: Stay back!

Xavier walks backward holding up his candelabra. Its still advancing.

Xavier: Back, damn you! Get back!

(The figure now in front of Xavier slaps the candelabra out of his hand and picks him up by his neck. Suddenly Xavier is thrust against the wall, falling to the ground he coughs and tries to get up. But once again the figure grabs his neck. This time dragging him like a doll across the floor by its claw-like hands. Being drug to the other end of the room Xavier tries to fight back, but to no avail. He is lifted by his neck and held just outside the hole in the wall. As the lightning flashes he finally sees the face of his assailant.)

(Xavier's eyes go wide staring at the face. It is surreal, almost like a mask. It has horns and long white hair. It gazes at Xavier with its piercing eyes.)

(Its mouth fixed in a smile showing its fangs... Finally it opens its hand and lets Xavier drop. Xavier screams as he falls looking up at the demonic creature watching him as he descends into the darkness...)

(.............................)

Low Voice: Xavier...

Mid Voice: Xavier...

Karen: Xavier!

(Xavier's eyes fling open.)

Xavier: (gasping for his breath) No!

Rosa: Sir, Sir! Please calm down.

Karen: Are you all right?

(Xavier slowly calms down; he moves his head as his bloodshot eyes adjust to the light.)

Xavier: (panting) What's going on?

(Xavier is lying on the floor near the foot of the stairs.)

Rosa: You must have fallen.

Xavier: (in slight pain) Help me up.

(Karen and Rosa help him to his feet.)

(He looks at the grandfather clock it reads 6:58pm.)

Xavier: How...

(Something inaudible in the background plays for a few seconds.)

Xavier: (holding his head) Ahhh... That hurts...

Karen: I'll call a doctor.

Karen walks in the direction of the phone.

Xavier: (still holding his head) Wait... I'll call my physician.

HOURS LATER OUTSIDE

(A dark colored car pulls up outside the entrance. A man steps out.)

(He's about forty, losing hair but gaining some pounds. He wears a dark blue suit and carries a black medical-bag.)

INSIDE

(A knocking at the door, Rosa answers it.)

Rosa: You must be the doctor, please come in.

(Rosa takes the doctor to a room where Xavier is laying down on a sofa and Karen is sitting on a chair across from him.)

Rosa: There he is doctor.

Xavier: Ah you're here. I will be examined in the study.

Karen: Xavier, I don't think you should move.

Doctor: Don't worry, I'll take good care of him.

(The doctor helps Xavier up.)

IN THE STUDY

(Xavier is sitting at his desk as the doctor examines him with a stethoscope.)

Doctor: Now take a deep breath in...

(Xavier inhales.)

Doctor: Now breathe out...

(Xavier exhales.)

Xavier: I haven't seen you in a long time.

Doctor: Looks like you haven't seen the sun in awhile either.

(The doctor begins to shine a light in Xavier's eyes.)

Doctor: Can you see all right?

Xavier: Yes.

(The view changes as the camera looks the doctor over.)

Xavier (Voice Over): This is Mister Joshua Langley; a doctor who was a friend of my father's and held much stock in his company, but lost his license and everything else in a malpractice lawsuit. I'm not sure what he does these days, but like most people he will come running if money is involved.

(On Xavier's desk Joshua reaches into his medical-bag and takes out some pill bottles.)

Joshua: This should help with some of the pain.

Xavier: I didn't call you here for your drugs...

Joshua: Then why did you call me? Let me guess... One of them was going to call a real doctor but you didn't want to put up with it.

(Xavier doesn't answer.)

Joshua: You have a problem with the outside world, don't you?

Xavier: I think I just have a problem in general.

Joshua: ...Well from what you've told me, I can't think of anything legal that would help you.

Xavier: Then try the other alternative.

(Joshua once again reaches into his medical-bag and takes out a syringe and two bottles full of a clear liquid. One has a red label and the other one is blue).

Xavier: What's that?

Joshua: (holding up the blue one) Adrenalin with a heart stabilizer and some mild pain killer.

Xavier: And the other one?

Joshua: (holding up the red one) Adrenalin, no stabilizer and an excessive pain killer, this is just a last resort.

Xavier: I see...

Joshua: One will cost you more based on street value.

Xavier: (amused) So are you a professional drug-dealer now?

Joshua: (slight chuckle) Only on the weekends.

Xavier: Well then, let's just get this over with.

Xavier proceeds to push back his sleeve.

Joshua: Now?

Xavier: Yes, now.

(Joshua uses the syringe and takes a small amount from the blue one. He then pushes the needle into Xavier's arm injecting the fluid.)

Xavier: I suppose it's too late to ask if this is safe.

Joshua gives a reassuring nod.

(An inaudible low sound plays for a few seconds then fades into a blank silence.)

(Joshua steps back and waits a few moments, then breaks the silence.)

Joshua: So... How do you feel?

(Xavier slowly looks up.)

Xavier: (calmly) Normal.

Joshua: Is that good?

Xavier: Very.

Joshua: (holding out his hand) Well then, shall we?

OUTSIDE THE STUDY

(The door outside the study opens, Xavier and Joshua with his medical-bag walk to the main hall. When they get there, Xavier opens the door to the outside.)

(Standing in the doorway.)

Xavier: When can I expect the results?

Joshua: It depends on when I can get the samples to a lab.

(Xavier walks Joshua to his car.)

Joshua: (getting into the car) Remember, don't take more then two shots of the blue a day. Only take the red for emergences, and I suggest you rent an apartment in the city, maybe one close to a hospital; I'll give you a call within a week or two.

(Karen walks down the staircase and to the door.)

(Joshua drives off as Xavier looks onward.)

Karen: So what did the doctor say?

(Xavier turns around gives her an empty smile).

Xavier: He said I'll be just fine.

LATER THAT NIGHT IN THE DINING ROOM

(Xavier sits at the end of mid-length dinner table. Its plates and utensils are beautifully decorated with gold and silver, but not so much that they are gaudy. The fireplace at the side of the room emanates a dark flickering warmth.)

(The slight click of footsteps echoes in the room as Karen slowly walks to the table. She is dressed in a light grayish evening-gown.)

Xavier: (glassy) I see you've dressed up.

Karen: I see you have as well. (Noticing his dining attire)

(Karen sits down at the table.)

Karen: I guess we have some catching up to do.

Xavier: Perhaps... If truth be told, I haven't done anything interesting for some time.

Karen: Then tell me; what uninteresting things have you being doing lately?

Xavier: Just taking care of work periodically with Miss Cole.

Karen: (looking down at her plate)...

Xavier: You don't like her do you; I can understand. I don't care for her much my self.

Karen: She's very... Unique.

Xavier: Well, she is rather bold.

Karen: You can definitely say that.

Xavier: She once said that she should be managing my father's company by herself.

Karen: I've heard that one before.

Xavier: I wonder what he saw in her...

Karen: She was one of his good friends... I remember him bringing her over a few times when we were younger.

Xavier: Yes... I think mother liked her too.

Karen: She would always make them laugh somehow.

(Xavier looks over to the fireplace.)

Xavier: (looking to the fire)...

(As the light of the fire dances in Xavier's eyes he starts to think back.)

(A grainy scene of three people at a table talking back and forth looking over folders and files, a boy walks up to them and a blond haired man smiles and has the boy sit next to him as he points at some of the documents. A dark haired woman whispers into the boys ear...)

Karen: Xavier, Xavier the food is ready.

(Xavier looks over as Rosa sets up food from the serving-cart.)

Xavier: Oh, thank you Rosa. Will you be dining with us tonight?

Rosa: Oh no sir, I'm not hungry. And I still have work in the kitchen.

Xavier: Alright then...

(Rosa walks out of the room.)

(Xavier and Karen begin to eat the beautifully prepared food.)

Karen: (taking a bite) Wonderful as always.

Xavier: She is rather talented.

Karen: I haven't had something this good in long time.

Xavier: So how goes everything at collage?

Karen: Pretty well I think.

Xavier: Are you getting along with your roommate?

Karen: I guess so.

(The fireplace crackles a bit.)

Karen: You haven't visited in awhile. When was the last time?

Xavier: I don't remember.

Xavier drinks from his glass. He starts to cough. At first just a little bit. It slowly starts to get worse.

Karen: Are you alright?

Xavier coughs into his napkin for 2 seconds and then stops.

Xavier: (taking in a breath) I'm fine.

Xavier: (looks down at his napkin, it's stained with blood) I think it's time I retired. It has been a very trying day...

(Xavier gets up to leave.)

Karen: ...Good night.

(Xavier walks out of the room without saying a word.)

(A look of concern crosses Karen's face.)

IN THE STUDY

(It's dark, yet silently illuminated by the moon. Xavier lurches to his desk and sits; he opens the bottom drawer and takes out a syringe and the blue bottle of a clear liquid. After drawing the fluid into the syringe he begins to inject it into his arm.)

(As the injection is finished Xavier looks up at the wall.)

(The red circular object on the wall.)

(Xavier stares into the crimson reflection.)

(Xavier notices a glint from the reflection.)

(Shot just behind Xavier... A dark hand brushes past his back.)

(Xavier jumps out of the chair turns around, pulls the needle from his arm and readies it to stab.)

Xavier: Where are you!

(Xavier looks around but can't see anything abnormal. He walks to the light switch and turns it on.)

(The room is bathed in the glow of radial lights.)

THE DARK ROOM

(Xavier is standing by his chair typing at the keyboard. the wall of red glowing monitors displays the view of the study. Xavier enters a command to go back 10 minutes.)

(Shot of Xavier sitting in the chair... And then jumping up and looking back.)

(Xavier loops the first 30 frames back and forth.)

(Xavier examines the scene and notices a discrepancy. He plays frames 26 to 29 and loops them.... Right before Xavier jumps out of the chair... Frame 28 is missing.)

(Xavier types at the keyboard. Suddenly words are displayed on screen, SEARCHING FOR MISSING FRAME..................... NOT FOUND.)

Xavier: ...Nothing is wrong with the system... But why is it...

(Xavier flashes back to the freezer.)

(The images in his mind are a little hazy, he puts the body down... Walking out he stumbles...)

(Xavier types at the keyboard. A monitor shows the freezer room. Xavier presses a button words are displayed on screen, LAST RECORDED PLAY BACK...)

(The video shows Xavier putting the body in the back, he starts to walk out. He stumbles and looks like he's in pain. He gets up, glances back...)

(Xavier presses a button. The screen display says: FRAMES MISSING... 2)

(Xavier loops the part just before he stumbles, the two frames are missing...)

(Xavier flashes back to when he fell off the stairs.)

(Xavier quickly taps at the keys. The monitor displays the floor at the foot of the stairs. Xavier presses a button. The screen display says 1:01pm RECORDED PLAY BACK... And before he falls backwards the display says: FRAMES MISSING... 129)

(Xavier looks at the screen puzzled... He lets the video play-out... After he hits the ground the picture jitters a bit. A few seconds after that, Rosa and Karen enter and find Xavier on the floor.)

Xavier: What the...

(Xavier replays and loops the scene with the jitter; Xavier presses the button. The display says: FRARMES MISSING... 1512000)

(Xavier's eyes go wide at the screen.)

Xavier: This is imposable...

(The display reads LOST TIME... 7 HOURS)

(A phone near the keyboard starts to ring.)

Xavier: What now?

(The phone keeps on ringing but Xavier doesn't answer. Finally the answering-machine gets it.)

Answering-Machine: Hello? Xavier are you there? It's me, Sophia. I guess you're not there right now... Or you're just not picking up the phone. Anyway sorry about this morning... (Slightly unconvincing) I didn't mean to upset you, or Karen. I'll be up there tomorrow on business, see you then.

Xavier: (annoyed) Oh God... I'll fix this later.

(Xavier looks tired. He gets up to walk out of the room he closes the door and all of the screens turn to static as he leaves.)

End Act Two

Special thanks to Suture-Chan

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ September 06, 2002 03:43 AM: Message edited by: Katsuya ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I couldnt wait till the weekend to read it..*L..was very good..i'm in suspense now.. [img]smile.gif[/img] ..thanks again for letting me know it was here.. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]