Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yup, ther have been 2 haldirs. (Apeendix of Silmarillion)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

And what about the Legolas mentioned in the Silmarillion, you guys think he is the same one as our wellknown 'fellowship' Legolas?

(And yes, I also firmly believe in the fact that Silmarillion Glorfindel and LotR Glorfy are one and the same elf...)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The answer would more than likely be no. Elves do not have the same names as other elves, as stated in Morgoth's Ring, unless The Lord of the Rings Legolas is the reincarnation of the Silmarillion Legolas.

Here's an essay about Legolas that I found online.

http://spacellama.net/legolasmystery.htm

<font color="#ffffcc" size="1">[ February 11, 2004 04:49 PM: Message edited by: Silver Rose82 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

if gandalf can be brought back after defeating a balrog, i say glorfindel can too!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ok, i have this WAY OUT THERE conspiracy, but tell me what you think of it.

in the silver millenium, serenity was a princess with many responsibilities and she carried them well, but i think that she might have felt the pressure and sometimes wanted to be normal and not so perfect. after all, look at what everyone expected of her.

when she was reborn, i think her secret wants were taken into consideration and she was born with lots of faults (whininess, laziness, etc.) and to a normal family.

in her SM life, she wanted to be more of a warrior. she wanted to be able to protect innocents and her friends so when she is reborn (like we know she will be because of cosmos saying that she is Usagi's far future self after many reincarnations), i think she will be more of a warrior. i guess that's why i don't mind if author's make Usagi O.C. as long as she's been reborn. xP

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's a real possibility and a good explaination as to why she's the way she is. Because there are people who get pissy when you make Serena this Ultimate Perfect Creature( The Perfect Soldier for one ) when in their eyes she's suppost to be this stupid fluff of cotton. To bad they don't see it that way, then they might not grip as much.

I agree, I don't like the ones where she falls into the world goes into the world and becomes the best at everything within seconds. I dislike those stories, especially if they're following a betrayal plot line that's been done over and over again.

But if she's born into that world, then she's going to pick up the traits that will help her survive in the world and adapt as she needs to the situations she's been tossed into.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree, if they said this betrayed thing in the summary I don't bother reading it and it's old, we all know that the Senshis wouldn't betray Usa because they're loyal and faithful to their duties. Mamoru, sure he's a big jerk in the anime and a little better in the manga, but HE wouldn't really go cheat on Usa.

It does get old.

Oh yeah! I do remember them mentioning a Legolas in the Silmarillion..erm...*thinks* What chapter was that in?

About the two Haldirs, yeah there are two people named Haldir and Haldir's (Lothlorien) name was based on the first Haldir. [img]smile.gif[/img] I think.....*scratches head*

I'll just stick with my own theory of Tom Bombadil being the Witch King.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i dunno, i always thought tom was a nice guy. besides, i always thought the ringwraiths weren't too smart. they just seemed to obey orders without too much independent thought, but that might just be me.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nazguls WERE former Kings of Men....

--------------------

"When life gives you lemons, give it back and ask for an orange."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think the Narzuls are in essence consumed by the power of evil. Yes, they are talking orders, but I think it is the only thing that they know how to do in their pursuit for the ring of power. I can't do anything else because they only have that one track mind set. Even though, they were former Kings, they are so driven by evil that they lose the focus of what is right and wrong ...

*I really don't know if this makes sense or not.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast