Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*scratches head* Um...well this isn't exactly a writer's block kinda thing, but how do you get your Avatar to show? And um...how do you change your status? Like from Laughing with Hobbits to something else?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Let's see... the avatar option is on the profile, i belive. There should be a pull down menu with a list of all the options they have. Look at the examples they give you (there should be a link that says something like "Our Avatars") and you get the name of it and select it from the menu. Hope that makes sense.

If you make one, you can upload it. But I'm not sure what size it has to be.

And about the status... I'm working on trying to making to so that it changes about every five posts (like FAP, ne? ;D). But as of now, it only changes after 30 posts. [img]frown.gif[/img] And mine is different cause I get it different as the moderator. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] If I can't get it to change sooner, I might just change it myself more often. But that's not as much fun. ;D (FYI, currently after 30 posts your status would change to "Battling youmas and Nazgul" ;D)

[img]graemlins/cake.gif[/img] Happy birthday Dom (merry) in 45 minutes!!!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] Merry is currently my fav hobbit. ;D Just thought I'd include that lol.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

Stuck at a writer's block? Being overwhelmed with plot bunnies? Have questions about the Tolkien's works? Not sure where to go from here?

Well isn't that why we have a community! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Feel free to post any questions or other forms of help you need. It would be a good idea to include a summary with as much depth as possible so that other people can help you without having to read (all 17 chapters sometimes) first.

This post will probably be deleted eventually. Just wanted to encourage you guys to start...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Avatar size is 96x96. anything smaller or larger will be resized and the icon can be in bmp, gif, jpg or png format.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arigato Calli-chan and Silver-chan! ^-^

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[img]biggrin.gif[/img] glad to help

Something else I noticed after playing around a bit. We have buddy lists! Granted, they're not that amazing, but it's still fun. To add people to your buddy list, you have to get their user name or something and go to "memberlist" (at the top) to do a search to get their profile. At the bottom right after the first part of their profile is a link that says "Add to Buddy list". Click this, and then when you look at your profile, it will let you know on the bottom left if anyone on your buddy list is on. (you can also send private messages.. kinda like emails, but on hostboard only)

Also note that you can edit old posts by clicking on the icon that looks like a pencil writing on paper on the top of your post.

Silver Rose, this is soo much like Fiction Alley Park that it's amazing. And I used to love that site so much... was a "Gryffie Girl" and proud of it for nearly a year before the site got corrupted, ::grumble grumble:: But THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Here's a question....Who pays attention to the 'Rate Member' thing? That's been buggin' me.....but I know it can't be taken off so I'll shut my trap now. :X

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yah... i wish i could find a way to get rid of it.... Cause seriously, what's the point?! The only people who would probably rate someone are those who are really angry at that person. No one else really cares one way or another. Eh, whatever.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok, I'm havin' some problems with my fic!!

First I must tell you that it is Usa centric.

She's a daughter of the Denethor.

I at first planned her to marry Eomer but now I remembered that Faramir and Eowyn get married so....what should I do!!?!?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

:: Scratches head :: Kitoky I don't see any problem with Eowyn and Faramir getting married and Serena and Eomer getting married. Unless you don't want to have both marry into the same family....

If that's it..... umm ....... What about the twins or.... one of the hobbits.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast