Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

So who would YOU like to see paired next? Want to see something different? Want to figure out how to have a Leggy pairing without the cliche? Want to get an idea of all of the options? Want to discuss the Most Eligible Bachelor of Middle Earth (i.e. Eomer! [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

Here's the place for it!

I think we left off with discussions about Faramir/Serenity and whether or not it would be right to break up Faramir/Eowyn. Oh, and about Eomer. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

I would LOVE to write a serenity/eomer fic (as soon as i have enough time from my trunks/usagi fic). Aragorn has Arwen, Legolas is overdone, Boromir is a Frodo-attacker, Gimli...nuff said, Haldir dies, Frodo is brooding, Sam is in love with Frodo (okay, Rosie), Pippin and Merry are...well...pippin and merry, Faramir has Eowyn (and let's face it, she needs someone after aragorn), Elrond is old enough to be her father, Gandalf is old enough to be her grandfather, and everyone else isn't involved enough in the story (unless you want to pair her with Saruman or Wormtongue or something *shiver*). So, here is my encouragement for you all to write more serenity/eomer fics. DO IT!!! xP!

Also, Eomer is probably going to be the next ruler of Rohan right? (cause theodred's son died?) prince/princess match right there. Plus, Eomer is a very serious, sulky kind of guy. Don't you think he needs a light in his life like Usa? Can't you just SEE her melting his heart? Aren't your fingers just itching to write about her being trapped in Helm's deep with little hope when Eomer rides in with Gandalf to save the day? i know you are...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    *SQUEAL*

You're making me want to continue with Niirer RIGHT NOW (rather than go to the FotR EE showing I'm off to [img]tongue.gif[/img] ). YAY EOMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I seriously hope I didn't spoil the F/E thing. I mean, what F/E thing, heheh? I was just playing around, see. ^_^' And please ignore my signature. ^_^'

And yes. Eomer will become king. Sooner than we expect. ACK!!!!! ::borders on spoiler::

I gotta run now. No time to defend poor Boromir who is a really good guy, just misled because of the love of this father, brother and country (twisted by the ring). And pauvre-unjustly-killed-off!Haldir. And book!Faramir! And left-out!Glorfindel! And the sexy sons of Elrond. And... ::rambles on while running out the door::

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*stares at Calli-chan running out the door*
    *grabs microphone* CONTINUE NIRRER WITH EOMER!!! EOMER!!!!!!!!

*cough* Well anyway, I'll take her place, -
    Aragorn has Arwen, yes
    Legolas is overdone, yes
    Boromir is a Frodo-attacker, eh no. Boromir really is a really good guy, if you see the extended version of the Two Towers you'll see how a nice guy he is. And I didn't like him that much before I saw the extended version but he's really growing on me now.
    Gimli, I don't see a story with him anytime soon
    Haldir dies, well not exactly...Haldir doesn't really die because in the books he wasn't sent to Helm's Deep, NO ELVES were sent to Helm's Deep, in the books, the male elves stayed at Lothlorien/Imladris because Saruman had sent out forces to attack the Elven cities too.
    Frodo is brooding? There's a reason to have Usa in his life ne?
    Sam in love with Mr. Frodo..ya he's in love with Rosie and he ends up getting married to her.
    Merry and Pippin, they end up marrying someone from the Shire also.
    Elrond?!? You're considering ELROND?!?! Elrond is old enough to be her great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandfather!
    Gandalf?!!? He's old enough to be her ancestor!!!!!
    *cough* I won't even go near Saruman or Grima Wormtongue.
    Eomer would seema good choice wouldn't it?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You forgot that Elrond is already married. [img]wink.gif[/img] So many people forget this. Celebrian isn't dead you guys! She's just... not here. Consider them separated if you want, separated but soon to reunite. And Elrond would be too noble to cheat on his wife. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Merry and Pip are actually another example of the Eomer thing. They get married, yis, but we know nothing about their wives except their names. So if anyone has interest in a hobbit pairing... [img]wink.gif[/img]

Er, yah. What do you guys think of hobbit pairings? Cause on one side, there are some that could end up really good. But then people complain that "Frodo doesn't even reach her chest!" And from one who knows the problems with height, this can be a problem lol. But then again, who said the senshi can't be transformed so that they are shorter, though this would be an evil cliche.

Hmm... I was reading a good fic the other day... Rei being the only senshi to survive the destruction of the world because Usa was (basically) murdered. Need to refind the name and invite that author here lol. Cause it was one of those other-senshi fics where there's no Usa bashing and everything just *fit*. And Rei became very close friends with Frodo, and I will be very disappointed if that doesn't become the pairing.

But then again, height issue. ^_^"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The name of the story is I'll Remember the link: http://www.fanfiction.net/read.php?storyid=738861!

Umm on pairings..I think that I like something a bit original, and when it just fits.. I'm not to keen on Usagi (or any other senshi) is the princess of everything and everybody loves her at first sight so I think it's just a matter of good written stories if I like it or not. I don't like Usagi all that much because of the Mary Sue role she's been forced in too much, but I can enjoy stories with her in the leadrole if she has her strenghts and weaknesses.

I think that Eomer is a good pairing option, but don't break up Eowyn and Faramir ;_;! To me it's just like Aragorn and Arwen, canon. Uhh, and I would like to see a good Glorfindel pairing someday ^_~.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ December 09, 2003 08:17 AM: Message edited by: ChibiCola ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hehehe... Mary Sues... ack! ::cowers::

For some amusement, go to http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=lotrsues. And check out the links on their bio page too. LOL!!!!!!!!!!

But really, it's no laughing matter. It's disturbing that the Mary Sue, the perfect character that everyone falls in love with at first glance, is taking over the fanfiction world. So thus, originallity is good. Very good. Needed! Ack!

And that's basically my problem with Usa/Legolas... or any senshi/Leggy for that matter. There's very few fics out there in which Leggy is NOT portrayed like a male Mary Sue, falling for whichever senshi (also a mary sue) at first glance in the first sentence and the two being madly in love forever. Gah! So they make Orlando Bloom look pretty in the movie, so what?! Let's get some characterization instead of pretty perfect faces/bodies/whatever. ACK!!! [/End Rant]

And thank you very much Chibi Cola for providing me that link. Huzzah! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

P.S. Glorfindel is prettier.... [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I hate hop skip and jump stories where they've just met and are madly in love. It's just not realistic. I have possibly three/two Legolas/Serena stories? But the greater possibility is I'll make her go with a twin in one of them and Eomer in the other.

It is the hotness factor, they casted a very pretty man to play Legolas. Everyone takes in the characteristics from the movie. When I've heard from other sources that Legolas may have had brown or black hair and wasn't as old as the movie made him to be, about 1500 to 500 years old. They wanted something pretty to stand out among the brunettes.

I dunno, I would rather play around with the characters who's S.O. has never made an apperance or is never spoken about. But that's just me.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yeah, the hotness of Orlando is definitely a factor, but i also think that it has something to do with the fact that he's the only elf that really has a large role (at least in the movie). Even in the book, Elrohir, Haldir, and Glorfindel aren't really mentioned much. We definitely have an obsession with elves (at least I do) and Legolas is really the only one that's with the Fellowship throughout the book.

I also absolutely hate the love-at-first-site kinda thing. I think writers put that in there so they can stop developing their relationship and get to writing lemons or something. Personally, I don't really like lemons. You can write a love scene without making it lemony and it'll be so much more romantic. Also, I don't know why they skip over the relationship part. 1. Usa was in love with Mamoru for 1000+ years and she just leaps into another guys arms? 2. Usa's been with Mamoru for 1000+ years and she's NEVER done anything naughty with him, but all of a sudden she's being impregnated by someone she just met? yeah, i see something horribly wrong with that character...and the writer. Love-at-first-sight seems really romantic and all, and i guess it works when you have Usa floating in the air in all her glory, butt-naked, with angel wings, but I think it's so much more romantic when two people actually have a meaningful relationship.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Very well said angelwings! Couldn't agree more, Lemons are sorta...ick, as you put it unless the author did like this 100 chapter story on there oh so developing relationship with an expansion of years...But I doubt that.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast