Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have been reading Kihin_Ranno's stories for a while and I must say that she is quite good. She doesn't do LotR/SM, but she does SM and Harry Potter. I HIGHLY recommend you reading "The Aino Minako Support Group". She really stays true to SM so she usually writes Usagi/Mamoru. Anyway, I also recommend "A Siren's Song", "Broadway Babies Only Cry on Cue", and "Forgotten Forever".

For Harry Potter, I recommend "All Kidding Aside". She really wrote this one well but i think she's going sirius/remus with it. It's still amazingly funny.

If you're wondering why I decided to post this, it's because 1. I like knowing about good stories and 2. I'm hoping more reviews will encourage her to update a little more often. xP

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know of a really, REALLY good LotR/SM story over at ff.net. It had a huge following when it was in progress, so most likely you've read it, but if you haven't...

Makura Koneko's The Will of the Ring is an absolutely wonderful read. It's incredibly long, but definitely worth the time a person would have to invest to read it. It's Legolas/Serenity, but it doesn't bash Mamoru or the Senshi. *thank goodness* No betrayals or anything clich? like that.

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/read.php?storyid=909539

Isil

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey, good idea! For a rather OT recommendation, check out Water Mage's new fic "Leap", a multi-cross. Some of the chaps seemed to be a let-down at first, but it's getting very good.

For some older LotR/SM stuff: Li Raeth's "Always with You" is one of my all time favs. And Silver Ray's fics are also amazing.

And for a great pure LotR fic, check out... ack, I think her new user name is "The Untouchable" but I have to check... and I believe the fic is called "Companions". Sorry for the lack of info lol, I'll try to get a link later. It's basically an AU lotr world

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Your all wrong! Except callisto... Li Raeth is a goood writer [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

But one of my faves is 'Star-Croosed' by Renangel. She made it a chalenge fic ages a go, but i still love it. We need more precious!

And Tomorrow's Eternity is a good one (by the same person...

And a **** of a lot of others

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I liked Makura Koneko's The Will of the Ring, I just didn't like that last chapter she put up. I know it was a whole wrap up chapter and everything but taking it from one perspective and making it fly into Serenity's point of view didn't cut it for me.

But in recommending Authors/Stories

I love TreeHugger's stories, Especially In the Hall of the Wood Elf King it takes place during The Hobbit. It's a very humorous story.

Everyone should read LizBethy's stories. (AnimeHigh). Anyone know why she's stopped updating? It's been about four months since everything crashed on her.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Treehugger and LizBethy!!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] v good stuff, go read. And I sadly don't know any details about the lack of update-age of LizBethy... she has a whole bunch of great stuff (comedies and parodies mostly) for crossovers and SM/DBZ.

And what do you guys think of Makura's new LotR/SM fic, which is becoming a mutli cross over the ages (Dreams of Reality). Personally, I like it better than Will of the Ring. Granted, Dreams doesn't even seem to be a LotR/SM cross... but it's a completely different level from WotR. You may like it, you may not. Be warned: it is v philosophical and "weird".

And here's the link to the Untouchable's story "Companions" which I was telling you about before: http://www.fanfiction.net/read.php?storyid=666506
    She sadly seems to have stopped (or postponed?) writing LotR or LotR/SM stuff, but what she has is still VERY unique and good. Check it out!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Found this one yesterday and it gave me quite a laugh:
    Wizards, Mary Sues, and Odd Events in Middle Earth by Ellwyn. LotR/HP/matrix/black hawk down/etc. Orli lovers might want to avoid it hehe!

Also, any Silmarillion/Maglor lovers should check out Le Chat Noir's works. Absolutely wonderful. I need to start hanging around that section more, so much good stuff there!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

oh my gosh isil, i read it and i LOVE it. i was bawling like a big baby and i thought my heart was going to explode.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So as long as we're also recommending non-crossovers as well as crossovers, here's an AU I'd advise you to read.

Tears of the Moon
    Lune Nightingale
    Summary: This tells the story of Ithil, the eldest daughter of Galadriel and Celeborn. She falls in love with Elrond at the end of the Second Age and must deal with the hand fate has given her. Deals with both slash and hetero pairings.

I'll tell you, this story is absolutely wonderful. Despite appearances-most obviously, the name of the OC [img]wink.gif[/img] -it isn't a crossover, but it is one of the most beautiful stories I've ever read. Yes, it does deal with some slash, but it is far from graphic and it is not the main focus of the story.

And one major point: we get to see why Haldir acts like such a jerk! [img]wink.gif[/img]

I urge you all, read this and flood the writer with reviews! She hasn't updated in quite a long time, so I'm hoping more of an interest will light the spark to get her to write for this again!

Isil

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It is a delightful story, isn't it? I was there when she first started the story and I reviewed for practically every chapter. Then she stopped updating and I was absolutely heartbroken. I'm hoping some interest in the story will get her writing again.

So be sure to write a review for her! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Isil

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast