Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I read it too and it was easy for me to read because I just pretended that Ithil was Usa. XD

I like Elrond now because of that story, it's so heartbreaking. *sniff*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, it was TotM that really turned my opinion around when it came to him. I was able to see a more vulnerable side of him. *hugs Elrond*

Don't forget to review! The more we flood her with, the more she might write! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Isil

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i actually read a fic where usa stumbled into the LotR world after she became cosmos and everyone died and she was found by the twins. they took her home and everyone was sad bc she was in such bad shape (she'd been wandering, blind, for a few days in the woods and then fell of a cliff) but also because she looked like celebrian. then usa came out of her room and saw elrond and thought he was endymion. i really wanted to see where she was goin with it but i think she made it a one-shot. *sigh*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey, you all better keep this up! [img]tongue.gif[/img] Especially for the new good crossover fics.

Cause being a bad author, I haven't been able to get to ff.net for a long while now, simply because of this nasty baka pile of schoolwork and midterms.

So keep me updated on what to read when I get back! (hopefully this weekend lol). And Eyes of Pearl, I'm still gonna read your new chap! I promised, and I haven't forgotten. Gomen nasi for taking forever and a day though. [img]redface.gif[/img] Eep!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey, I've got two! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

A Pitted Asteroid Orbitting the Earth's Tale
    Despite the lengthy and confusing title, it is a really good fic. I believe it is moonbunny77's first fic, and she has done an excellent job. Despite temptations, she has avoided any sense of cliche and created a unique and exciting fic. So far, LotR hasn't clearly entered, besides a Nazgul, an elf, and a mysterious (and beautiful [img]wink.gif[/img] ) man who is stalking Usagi. (I have my suspicions as to who this may be mwhahah!) Currently the setting is in modern Tokyo, but moonbunny has promised that they will go to Arda... eventually. She will not be rushed by crazed reviews. I have two words for her there: ROCK ON! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Also, be sure to check out Of Sunrays and Moonbeams if you haven't already. I'm so proud of Celestial DreamBlaze! (I was an early editor, what can I say? haha) Granted, she still hasn't changed the beginning, though she now knows better (that Aragorn didn't grow up in Gondor), but she has moved away from cliched movie fics toward a quality plotline. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Enjoy.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well I'm going to recommend Llamrei's Altered Fate which is a rewrite to the Helm's Deep scene. This story inspired me in one of the chap's in my current sm/lotr fic as well, so do check it out. The link to Llamrei's fic is

http://www.fanfiction.net/read.php?storyid=1310470

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Couldn't find the ol' post where we talked about the "Highwayman" poem, but here's an interesting fic for anyone interested:

The Highwayman by Sapphiregirl

It's a SM version about Rei and Jadeite (or Rae and Jade in Massachusetts). Well done and provides an interesting look at the tale!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Last of the Edhel by CinnamonGrrl

Really unique. It's a Book Crossover (LotR/HP) in which Mirkwood aka the Forbidden Forest is the Source of magical power in the world. Thranduil remained in Arda to guide it... do check it out!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well, since we were on the topics of comedies, i found a really cute one. it's sm/hp, not lotr, but it's pretty funny. it doesn't really have a plotline and it's a lot of fluff, but i figure it's okay because it's one-shot. anyway, here's the link:

Sirius and the Sims Adventure

enjoy!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, it's not exactly a fic, but I've just had a renewed Arthur kick and picked up the book <u>The Once and Future King</u>. If anyone loves Arthur, read it now. I am glued to it. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Also, I love Orson Scott Card. All of his stuff. And Terry Prachett, the funniest man alive. And the Pern books are ok, though I've only read a few and they get repetitive. And Ursula LeGuin... Earthsea is coming to the SciFi channel in December. w00t!

Back to fics, I have alot of new favs, but I forget which, as I am not on ff.net at this instant. ^_^"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast