Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Some side convo was going on in the "Picture" topic (very OT as usual lol), but I refound some more info bout the BSSM TV show and decided to make a new post.

BSSM: For those who haven't heard, Sailor Moon has been turned into a live action TV show in Japan. I was not happy when I originally heard and a little scared by the pictures... but now that time has passed, I'm getting to be ok with it. Hear it's pretty good anyways.

From the official (Japanese) site, here are some pics: http://sailormoon.channel.or.jp/jisha/index.html If you're like me and can't read Japanese, just keep clicking around (esp on the left side) and you'll find stuff (and bits of english)

DBZ: And now about the DBZ live action movie, info posted by Silver Rose82:
    Here is a list of the cast that is supposed to be the cast. Anything can change on this list as some might be switched with different actors:

Goku- Hugh Jackman

Vegeta: Ray Park ( Sleepy Hollow, Star Wars Episode 1, X-men)

Piccolo: Sam Wheeler

Raditz: Jason Bateman (Teen Wolf Two, Necessary Roughness, The Sweetest Thing)

Nappa: Bill Goldberg ( WWE wrestling, Universal Soldier: The Return)

Tien: Orlando Bloom ( Black Hawk Down, Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean)

Bulma: Jessica Alba ( P.U.N.K.S, Idle Hands, Dark Angel)

Puar, Oolong, King Kai- Characters will be CGI and the voice actors from the show will be doing these voices.

*Update- Date: July 22, 2003*- The director for the DBZ Live Action Movie is set and it is going to be Ronald Emmerich, also the writes for the character's/story will obviously be Akira Toriyama, and Tedi Sarafian. Source: Kiji-Anime

Director- Roland Emmerich ( Independence Day, The Patriot, Universal Soldier, and Godzilla)

Found that at http://www.saiyan-prince.com/DB_Live_Action_Movie.htm

Bald headed Orlando Bloom. Bleh
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">(and that's prob due to be out in 2005... same time as the Narnia movies lol)

Eh. Cannot picture Orli as Tien. Ack! What will be next? Cardcaptor Sakura or Gundam Wing?! No, actually it will probably be Yu-gi-oh! *falls over*

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ December 30, 2003 03:39 PM: Message edited by: Callisto Star ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Here's some pics from the BSSM site for those less able to find stuff lol [img]wink.gif[/img]

From a publicity shoot, it seems:
    kaiken p01
    (no sign of the Outers yet. Dunno if they will be doing all the SM seasons or summarizing or what. Mamoru looks basically how you would expect.)

Luna, looking v much like a stuffed animal ^_^":
    01 2

Power Ranger-esk youmas:
    04 3

For more, go to http://sailormoon.channel.or.jp/jisha/storylist_01.html and cycle through the "Acts".

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dear Lord, they made it into a live action show?! *jaw drops*

DBZ is going to be a movie?! With Orlando Bloom? Well, that makes my decision! I'm there, if only for him! *swoons*

AQ

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

oh, good lord! checked out the site. ack ack ack! it looked like a bad episode of power rangers! and ami's hair! [sniff] what did they do to her hair?!? [sigh]

i cannot imagine bloomy as a bald tien. i can't picture him with lavender hair either but come on! mirai is hot, bloomy is hot, and we've already established that bloomy looks good with short AND long hair...LIKE MIRAI! [sigh]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

AND he's closer to Orli's age lol. But then again, if he were Mirai we'd have to wait awhile for him to show up... and prob only be there for one movie. [img]frown.gif[/img]

And ami... ack. I mean, the girl who plays her is cute in an Ami way, but the hair is kinda eh. Personally, I'm disliking the Usagi girl more though... maybe I'm picky but her smile and everything just really don't seem to capture the character.

Yah, I can't stop thinking POWER RANGERS lol.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In case, anybody is interested to learn more about Live Action SM, here's an English site with lots of info on it.

Personally, I like the idea of anime on screen better. Putting real faces to them just ruins the image of SM for me.

http://www.eternalsailormoon.org/pgsm/index.html

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I stated before that I didn't like the idea of Orlando Bloom as Mirai, mainly because I just dislike Orlando Bloom.

I personally don't see Orlando playing a good role in the film because he's not... well... buff enought. And he's much to old for the role of Mirai, seeing that he's what? 29? 10-14 years older than Mirai.

They really should go for guys like Vin Diesel, the guys that just look like they FIT the part. I mean have you see the photos of these guys who will possibly be playing the characters? They so don't even look the parts, most of them are skinny men.

Stuff with Images to put a name to a face
    http://www.dbzsc.com/index.php?dbzsc=live_action

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

To be honest I've seen some SM Live Action, ehm, episodes. It was at a friends house who is extremly obsessed with anything anime and/or manga. If I remember correctly, the outers were in that episode too.

Not that I understood anything of it, it was in Japanse, and I can't recall what was going on exactly. But I do know that I didn't really like it :S.

And that DBZ movie...Ugh, I honestly don't see Orlando playing any roll in that kind of movies.
    (btw, he's 26, going to be 27 on the 13th of January).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

About the BSSM thingie... I like the Ami. Ever seen any pictures of the theatrical version of BSSM? This Ami looks alot better than the one in there.

Orli and I have the same birthday. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

<3
    loon

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

wasn't really sure where to put this, but i suppose this is a good enough place as any. xP

bourne04

recognize him? it's eomer!!! hehehe. Karl Urban is playing Kirill in "The Bourne Supremacy" with Matt Damon (a fav of mine) and Julia Stiles (who is more than a glorified secretary in this movie).

I gotta tell you, i was going through "eomer in tight, leather, horse-riding pants" withdrawl so i am really lookin forward to this movie! (not that he's wearing tight, leather, horse-riding pants, but hey, any leather is better than no leather. kekeke).

<font color="#ff99ff" size="1">[ July 21, 2004 01:43 AM: Message edited by: angelwings6117 ]</font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast