0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Morloth <~~~ dark/black blossom
    Mordae <~~~ dark/black shadow
    Gurthiel <~~~ Death Daughter

I could give more, but Dark Butterfly doesn't sound right in elvish and I don't know what way you want to take your story.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oooh, does sound really good. I was thinking Hotaru will be the guardian / protector of the darkness. I couldn't really call her a sailor scout and sailor saturn. it just wouldn't make sense in M-E.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm actually gonna be calling Hotaru "Morwen" in a future fic... not only is it a "historical" name, but also has two appropriate meanings!

-Dark Maiden or
    -Daughter of Darkness [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm sorry to say that making Mamoru Beren and Chibi Usa Luthien is well... kinda freaky. eep. I dunno, maybe it's possible, but gah! Can you imagine falling in love with your *father*?!! Gah! xP

And Mamoru could be Old Man Willow for Tom and Goldberry hehe. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] Or really, does Mamoru need to be there at all? Or maybe as the elves left middle-earth, Goldberry died and Tom moved on to Elysium. Or maybe they were Chibi Usa and Helios first. And I suppose Mamoru would have to be the river spirit, since Goldberry is supposed to be "river man's daught" (I think lol)

Sounds interesting!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh, and I think it probably would be possible to be reincarnated as a different sex (you can be reincarnated as a squirrel, jeez!)

I just finished reading Orson Scott Card's "Children of the Mind" and in it, he describes each person's center of being, kind of like their soul, as an "aiua". These aiuas are kinda like a ball of light that gives life to a creature. And they can fill any shell, so it doesn't matter if it's male, female, squirrel, rock, etc.

As for a fic, as long as you don't make it offensive and delve into sexual stuff (even pairings would be tricky) I think it would be ok. You'd have to do a careful tightrope walk while writing it though...

Or those are my suggestions. It is your fic, and if you wanna make girls reincarnated as guys, screw what other people think and go for it lol. Good luck with your ideas!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

okay, from what i've read, there are no limits on reincarnation so would it be REALLY disturbing or just a LITTLE disturbing if some senshi got sex-changes? (not haruka).

one other thing, i read somewhere that if you know a person in one of your lives, it's more than likely that you'll know them somehow in ALL of your lives. also, the relationships are not always the same. there was one girl who "remembered" her possesive boyfriend to be her slave-driver in one of her lives. considering that, would it be VERY gross to have chibi-usa and mamoru as luthien and beren (and helios as Huan the Hound)? I mean, they're not related by blood and they don't know that they were daughter and father...get back to me on that.

the other idea i was having was to have helios as Tom Bombadil (come on, tom existed in Arda before any of the Ainur came and following my story, helios never died and he wasn't changed into an elf or anything so he remains the priest of earth...guardian of dreams...power only works in his realm...come on!!!) and chibi-usa as goldberry but then i have no idea what to do with mamoru.

HELP!!!!!!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

one thing to keep mind with reincarnation is whether or not that person has the memories from the previous lives. sm definitely played around with that concept. are you going to be reincaranated with the same 'abilities' that you have from before or are you going to be completely different?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well, because it's not really the same "world" per say, i wasn't going to have any of their powers exist except usagi because she was never reborn. as for their memories, they (well most of them) won't remember her because i was going to have that as one of the problems usagi is facing. She wants them to be happy with their new, normal lives but she wants them to remember her and everything. in the end, though, i think i'll have her just making friends with them all over again and leaving the past in the past.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well Rini kind of did in the anime, at least before she learned of who he was. But it would be slightly iffy, regardless of the fact that it's their souls and they're not the same people they were before. I don't think a lot of readers would get it or like it for that matter.

I don't think it would be bad to make the scouts into males, it would make sense, can't expect them to stay the same every time they get reincarnated. Well good luck on your story, who cares what others think right.

Make Darien the squirrel and then...<font size="1">(I'm in Darien dislike mode right now.)
    </font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

THANKS GUYS!!! honestly, i just wanted mamoru and chibi-usa as luthien and beren to kill two birds with one stone (and besides, can't you just SEE helios as huan the hound? xP) but i do admit that it's kind of gross. i think i'll have chibi-usa as goldberry and helios as tom bombadil. i really want endy OUT OF THE WAY, you know? nvm, i'll figure something out...actually, i think i'm onto something...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234