Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here is a chance to have your say about your fav / least fav sailor scouts. I mean what does Serena got that gets every single male character attracted to her? Why is she always portrayed as being annoying, ditzy, clumsy crybaby in the anime but is all powerful in crossover fics?

Does most fics have to start off with the scouts betraying Serena? or Darien being a jerk or turning evil? ... Share your thoughts

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't like Sailor Mars I couldn't tell you why, but I've just never liked her period. But I don't like how people portray her as the ringleader to every betrayal ever known to the history of Sailor Moon Kind. Sure she questioned Serena leadership abilities, made fun of her..... that's one reason why I don't like her, but bottom line is she cares for Serena.

Don't like Darien either and this one spills from both the manga version of him and the anime version of him. He's at least 4 years older than Serena, doesn't bother me much but he's older in the anime than the manga. Treats her like hell in both, gets brainwashed much to easily for my likings and over all I think he's just an idiot. But that's me.

Anime is evil, over protraying, adding non existant thing, and destroying Serena to the point that she's become a cotton candy fluff ball. She wasn't that bad in the manga, she rarely tripped, didn't always cry at the drop of a hat, and was much more mature.

I like Sailor Saturn, she's misunderstood, everyone doesn't trust her because of her powers, I relate to her almost as much as I relate to Pluto and Cosmos. They are the sailors who live most of their life in solidarity. Saturn takes lives and recreates them, Pluto watches the gates, and Cosmos watches everything and does everything in between. :: As in you can probably tell my whole life from right there ::

The other Sailors are inbetween, I like some more so than I like others and they flip, the inners are on the lower half of that scale and probably always will stay there. Except for Amy she's around Haruka and Michelle level of likeness. Except I always seem to kill her off..... oops. [img]redface.gif[/img]

I could turn this into a very long rant. Well longer than it already is. But I have to go takle L?miel and Legolas and get started on chapter 4 of Silivren M?r. They just don't like me. Other than that I just popped all three joints in my finger at once, and it locked up on me.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hmmm.... really don't have a least fav scout. Well, I'm not really a Mamoru/Darien fan. He's ok at times, but generally.... yeah, that's a feeling that drew me to the crossovers to begin with. Though there are some really good Usa/Mamoru fics (esp the AU ones hehe!) floating around the pure anime section that deserved checked out.

Yeah, I don't even mind Chibi Usa. ::gasps from the crowd:: Even wrote a fic featuring her, in dire need of updating lol. Yes, she's annoying at times, but more often than not she's just a lonely little girl that's trying to act grown up.

Rei never really bugs me either, cept when she or Minako or portrayed as betraying Usa. Sorry, but that wouldn't happen! Those are two of Usa's bestest of best friends, and yet they always seem to be shown in crossover fics as the betrayers (or else the loyal one... never in between lol). Minako's fun and Rei's seemingly Usa-bashing attitude doesn't really annoy me... It's just the way some friends are. Such as me and one of my best friends, or me and my sis lol. Meaningless petty fights that might secretly cover up the worry that friend feels for the other... yeah...

Yes, I am a big Usagi fan. Partially because I relate to her the most, partially because she's grown on me lol. (Honestly, a year or so ago I prob would have said Ami or Hotaru was my favorite scout... now... i dunno lol! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] ). Think I took a quiz once and I ended up being like 75% Moon, 10% Mercury, 5% Jupiter... then split up bout evenly among the others. lol ^_^'

Guess that's it in a nutshell. Don't want to rate them by favorites, cause they're all so close in my mind. Ja!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*jhas no idea whaat wings is going on about*

Have always admired Saturn, for being so evil, Lita, for being so tough in spirit, chibi-chibi (although i have never worked out her character, only read bio's and seen pictures), Rei, fior being so teasy (and reminding me of me), and Serena for being so... Serena!

It always bugs me when Serena is betrayed. There is no explaining why she was, and she would never be betrayed, only if they had been branwashed, which is unlikely to hapen, as they are so strong and Serena would help!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Serena: I loved her in the manga, not so much in the anime. In the manga we see a true transition, a growth in her. She goes from being a bit of a whiny teenager to a mature young woman. She has a true sincerity about her that just draws everyone to her. She is the glue that binds the Senshi together.

Inner Senshi: I love each and every one of them, though Minako would be my favorite of the four. In the manga, she often has a graveness, a maturity about her that could be considered to be almost tragic. She was a senshi for the longest, save Pluto, and she was the true protector of the Princess. She herself played the decoy, so as to buy time for Serena to come into her own with the help of Luna and the others.

Rei, Ami, and Makoto are awesome as well. Each brings a unique quality to the team. Their devotion to their mission is commendable.

I myself despise the whole 'Inner Guard turns evil/is brainwashed/betrays Serena' storyline. It's overdone and portrays the Inners as a bunch of screeching harpies, which is so out of character that it makes me cringe.

Mamoru: I do like him to some degree, though he does have a number of qualities that make me want to throw him into an orc pit. In the manga, it is obvious that he does love Serena, but he has a coldness that is creepy. I liked him better as Endymion, to be frank. There, you see him protect her from his own people's madness. That in itself makes me like him, or at least respect him.

Outer Senshi: They're cool too, though in a different way. They're older, save Hotaru, and have stronger powers, as befitting their duties to protect the solar system.

Haruka and Serena seem to have a special bond in the manga, though I'm not exactly sure what it is. Everyone of the outers loves their princess dearly and would die to protect her.

I think it is because of their greater age and/or power that makes them colder than the other senshi. They have to deal with the large responsibilities of guarding the remains of a great kingdom, as well as a gateway that could spell the survival or the destruction of the entire universe.

Isil

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<u>Why I like Usagi</u>
    usagi is my favorite character in bssm and she very well might be my favorite female anime character. why? because she's so kind-hearted. she always gives people a chance and never prejudges anyone. she symbolizes everything i want to be, (well...maybe not intelligence-wise...) and to always find and bring out the good in people. XP

<u>REI DOESN"T SUCK!</u>
    I have no idea why usagi fans hate rei so much because she is one of my favorite characters. if you had watched sailor moon stars, you would know that rei is the one that jumped in front of usagi to save her from sailor galaxia. even though rei makes fun of usagi, usagi knows that rei is only kidding. i also hate how the anime portrayed her because rei would drop dead before becoming boy crazy and she certainly never would have gone out with mamoru. besides, usagi makes fun of rei too. there was that one time on a stars episode when usagi told rei that she (usagi) was prettier than her (rei). it was very funny.

<u>My beef with non believers of michi/ruka</u>
    i absolutely HATE when people tear apart haruka and michiru. they just "realize" that they don't love each other. excuse me, you're pretty much saying, "whoops, maybe i'm not a lesbian after all." I THINK NOT. i find people split up the couple for either two reasons. one, they have a problem with lesbians (sorry, but you can't just change something like that. that's the way they are and if you're going to change them that much, stop writing fanfiction.) or two, since they made their story a betrayal fic, the only others they have left to set up are usagi, hotaru, and setsuna. sets is at the time gates and hota's really young so you rectify the problem of having less than three pairings by pulling apart michi and ruka. grr....

<u>What is up with Haruka?</u>
    In most fanfiction, Haruka is this crazy, over protective "brother" of Usagi. Where does that come from? All of Usagi's senshi are over-protective of her, but why is Haruka portrayed as a psychotic, man-killing person? As far as i saw, in stars, the most she did was warn usagi before her date with seiya that he might try to take advantage of her. she didn't even STOP the date. hell, she only threatened seiya when she found him flirting with michiru in her dressing room. oh yeah, and then she (and all the other outers who were suspicious of the starlights i might add) confronted yaten and taiki to stay away from usagi. and do you know why? no, not because they wanted all males to stay away from her (they were transformed into their female states anyways), but because they believed them to be invaders from outer-space and as the outer senshi, they are supposed to protect the princess from outer-system invasions. it's funny and all, but i just don't get it...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My fav scout is probably Serena. Mainly because I have seen her transformed over crossover fics. The anime really has gave Serena a bad image though in the later series, she has really matured to the leaer that she is.

Of all the scouts, I think that I'm like Ami in lot of ways. She is book-smart and in that way she is often misunderstood and everything seem like a facade. This does not mean that I have IQ of 300 or something like that [img]tongue.gif[/img] just the fact that some people immediately assumes a certain image of me. ... don't know if that makes any sense.

I don't really like how Rei is portrayed in the whole Anime series ... petty arguments and chasing after Darien and all that. Rei is an independent girl and I think that she has a lot of confidence in herself and that's why she always teases Serena who for the most part doesn't believe that she *is* the leader of the scouts.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hmm, I don't know what this comments fits so i stick here anywhere. It's not part of the SM trivial just something that I thought about. We had discussed what age Legolas was during the movie. Now, I'm just wondering how old would Serena be at the end of the Sailor Stars including the days on the moon. ...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If I'm correct on this, 1000 years passed since the Silver Alliance. 16 or 18 since Serena and them were reborn. But we don't know how Lunarians aged. Was she 16 to 18 when she died or something like those of the elven ages?

So if going by Anime/Manga and she was 18 at each time, that would be at least 1036 years old.

But if it was elven, she has to be older than 50 years old so it could have been in the early hundreds plus the thousand and the 18.

Something to ponder.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you think about the 30th Century in Neo-Queen Serenity's reign, can you imagine how old she might be? I don't think any of the anime or manga really specified how old she was. It was always speculated that she's around 22 but never really aged. Then convert that to Elven age ...

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast